Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Apr 14, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry but I hate WinnDixie. They have all kinds of "offers" that say buy one get one free when they've raised the price on the one you have to buy. Annoys me no end.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We stay at Southern Dunes and outside is Walmart one side and Winn Dixie the other side of the road. Have more than once found that Winn Dixie with the card can work out cheaper on some items. It is not all buy one get one free offers but sometimes a reduction on the amount.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 14, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Winn Dixie is a 1/2 step down in quality from Publix to me but still a great store.

Definitely get the card from Cust. Service if you go, most grocery items have dual pricing, price with and without card, often 20c or so in difference between them. They have a great deli section too.

Their fuel perks rewards system is good too, depending on how much you have spent (cumulatively) you can get 10c, 20c etc off a gallon of petrol at local stations, Essos I think?
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 14, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post

I like Winn Dixie, the one next to Formosa Gardens is nice. Never knew about a reward card though.
Old 26 Apr 14, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark View Post
I like Winn Dixie, the one next to Formosa Gardens is nice. Never knew about a reward card though.
This is the one we visit and its really nice. Greeted by lots of fresh fruit & bread as you enter. We also did not know about the card but will definately get one this time!😄
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 14, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
wotever
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Walmart match the items that winn dixie and publix do the buy one get one free... but at walmarts price so it comes out a lot cheaper... for example this week publix bertolli spaghetti sauce bogo $3.09 so you get two for $3.09... walmart price $2 so you get two for two dollars... Walmart "save money live better"
Old 26 Apr 14, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post

I find the meat is much nicer there! When we stayed on Southern Dunes we used to do the main shop at Walmart and get the meat from Winn Dixie across the road
Old 26 Apr 14, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Winn Dixie was the closest supermarket to us when staying at Windsor Hills, but we found it quite expensive and so would go to Publix instead (which we preferred anyway). Winn Dixie does have a good selection of inflatables for the pool though so we always pop in for a couple

Once Target was built at Rolling Oaks we'd also go there, but don't usually bother with Walmart at all.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 14, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Irisis
Excited about Disney

We cook a lot of our own food and always shop Winn Dixie. They're not the cheapest option but the stores are nicer to browse and I like the range better - fruit and veg is always good, and the meat selection very good. They've never done us wrong. This time around we plan on doing a mix of Winn Dixie and Whole Food grocery shopping.
Old 11 May 14, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MalcolmC
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark View Post
Last time I was in this one they told me they didn't "do" the Winn Dixie card! I do like W-D though - good deals with the card.
MalcolmC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread