Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jan 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

I love modern Britain where we get outraged at everything.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
I love modern Britain where we get outraged at everything.
How dare you say that. You should wash your keyboard out with soap.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

And yet again another Dibb thread to get twisted. In no way am I ‘outraged’ by this. Think it’s unfair? Yes, but outraged? No.
In my OP I simply asked if Tesco were within their right to ban all children, it turns out they can.
I am normally the parent to brush things aside, I’m not the sort to make a big deal out of anything.
Having said that I hate the attitude if something isn’t right we should just accept it and move on. I don’t think that’s Modern Britain, surely generations before us have stood up for what’s right and wrong. But I suppose it’s just as easy to blame everything on the younger generation...

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

not outraged but you drove over to tesco to speak to the manager as your 15 year old son couldnt buy a sandwich ! then not satisfied you rang head office...?

fwiw if my 15 year old rang me to tell me this i would have told him to suck it up & buy one elsewhere

apologies if that sounds harsh but
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Mobile

Modern Britain - let’s treat law abiding young people like dirt - guilty until proved innocent. Brilliant!☹️
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

When I lived in Cardiff and went to school in the 80's plenty of the local shops had a ban on school kids in without an adult.
Our local Asda won't allow you in if you are in PJ's lol
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Modern Britain - let’s treat law abiding young people like dirt - guilty until proved innocent. Brilliant!☹️
maybe if the parents of the 'few' had instilled some manners/discipline into their little darlings then shops wouldnt have to resort to this

dont blame the kids, they know no better, blame their feckless parents
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
not outraged but you drove over to tesco to speak to the manager as your 15 year old son couldnt buy a sandwich ! then not satisfied you rang head office...?

fwiw if my 15 year old rang me to tell me this i would have told him to suck it up & buy one elsewhere

apologies if that sounds harsh but
First of all I needed to go to Tesco anyway but
If I was outraged I would have gone in there all guns blazing but I didn’t. I had a quick chat with the Duty Manager to find out why my son, on his own wasn’t allowed in.
I called Customer Services, again not outraged just to have a polite conversation as I felt it wasn’t fair. I could completely understand if he was in a group but he wasn’t.
And if you have read my posts I’m glad I did as he should have been allowed in in the first place so job done. Still not outraged 😉

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
I guess people look around them and base their opinions on what they see day to day. If the cap fits ...
We have an entitled generation with the attitude and behaviour to match.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
First of all I needed to go to Tesco anyway but
If I was outraged I would have gone in there all guns blazing but I didn’t. I had a quick chat with the Duty Manager to find out why my son, on his own wasn’t allowed in.
I called Customer Services, again not outraged just to have a polite conversation as I felt it wasn’t fair. I could completely understand if he was in a group but he wasn’t.
And if you have read my posts I’m glad I did as he should have been allowed in in the first place so job done. Still not outraged 😉
fairy nuff like
although im still sensing outrage.. maybe outrage at being accused of outrage