Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Dec 15, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

M&S Food ordering for Christmas

Hi, has anyone got any food from here for christmas before? I'm really not in the mood to do anything this year and the prices are not as outrageous as I assumed they would be when compared to doing everything from scratch. I'm just looking at party food and maybe a lamb/beef joint or something and desserts as the turkey and other stuff I will do myself. Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 15, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

I ordered from them in 2012 for a xmas eve collection and when I got there after standing in line for 20 mins all they had was one thing I ordered saying the rest was out of stock... no email to warn me or anything, I had pre ordered deserts and starters for 8 people and ended up with just some pate annoyed was an understatement, all the lady said was go and pick some stuff if you like... which annoyingly I did because I had no time to go off finding something somewhere else.
I have to add our M and S food hall is just a food shop its not part of a big store so maybe that was an issue... I really wanted to order again this year but then I thought what if it doesn't turn up again so unfortunately I haven't.
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 15, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mallky555 View Post
I ordered from them in 2012 for a xmas eve collection and when I got there after standing in line for 20 mins all they had was one thing I ordered saying the rest was out of stock... no email to warn me or anything, I had pre ordered deserts and starters for 8 people and ended up with just some pate annoyed was an understatement, all the lady said was go and pick some stuff if you like... which annoyingly I did because I had no time to go off finding something somewhere else.
I have to add our M and S food hall is just a food shop its not part of a big store so maybe that was an issue... I really wanted to order again this year but then I thought what if it doesn't turn up again so unfortunately I haven't.
Good grief There is really bad As you say, once it's got to christmas eve there is nothing you can do! Well this idea may need to be shelved then. Thanks for the warning
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 15, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Dont be too hasty on one negative post.
We have used this service for as long as they have been doing it, maybe 8 years? maybe longer?
Brilliant service and everything brought to me in 5 minutes.
I always pick a 2.00pm slot to avoid the lunchtime rush. Early morning collection times are mad!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 15, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Kay1975
Excited about Disney

We've used Marks for the past 10 years and it's always been great. We collect at 7am on Christmas Eve, never queued for more than 20min.
Kay1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 15, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

We use it every year too. No issues. We usually pick an evening slot on 23rd and never wait more than 5 minutes. The collection is always very well organised with lots of staff in our store.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 15, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks everyone for your replies Maybe the bad luck experienced was store specific then. I'll give it a go Just hope I don't go crazy as the food looks great. I've gone for a 7am slot, so hopefully not too manic
Old 13 Dec 15, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Another thumbs up from me. On the (fortunately rare) occasions I've done Xmas Day lunch, we've used M&S and been very happy.

We try to collect from the slightly out of town store to avoid city centre parking madness.
Old 13 Dec 15, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We use them every year with no issues. I usually get my turkey and desserts from them.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 15, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks Karen Well you know what a cheapskate I am so wanted to see the general consensus before dipping my hand in my pocket This year I'm just in no mood to be in the kitchen for hours on end and the constant 'is it ready yet' from everyone else not lifting a finger
Closed Thread