Unread 23 Nov 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
The American Indian museum looks fascinating - I didnt know about the preferred term either.

You got so much done in five days, great to know you can have a good visit in a short time period.

I didnt realise your flights were business one way...the only time Ive flown business was with my dad who got it through work, but as I travelled home without him, I was back in cattle class...sad isnt it?! lovely that you space to spread out a bit at least!

Ive never been to Toronto so if that is the next city break, I look forward to reading all about it! Thanks for sharing another holiday with us.
5 days was easily enough time. We had a nice time out at the zoo and Georgetown but to be honest you could skip that and stay nearer the Mall and do the museums.

I didn't have enough points for business both ways so, it was just economy on the way back but the extra seat space helped and we managed to have a bit of a nap.

Dave would really love to go to Canada as one of his grandparents was French Canadian so he's keen to see some of it.

Currently writing
Yo Ho, A Disney Life for Me - Summer 2020 pre trip

Now complete
The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

Washington DC October 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
6th time lucky, CBR again
Unread 4 Dec 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another fantastic day - both of the museums you visited look really interesting. I like the look of all of your meals at the Dubliner, but especially Dave's stew. You can't go wrong with an Irish pub in America... we found a fabulous one in NYC.

Thank you for writing this report Abby, you know already how much I want to visit Washington DC and this has just whet my appetite for it even more. I'm going to read Jo's report as well to get even more info and file it away for when I finally get to plan this trip!

Your future plans sound fab... Canada is also on our list, in fact we almost booked it for this year but the dates we wanted to go clashed with my DD's graduation so as you know we ended up in Orlando again, but we'll get there one day. You can go first and then I'll have it all planned out for me

Thanks again Abby, great report - and now I can get back to your Bare Necessities one
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Route 66 road trip ...
Unread 5 Dec 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Another fantastic day - both of the museums you visited look really interesting. I like the look of all of your meals at the Dubliner, but especially Dave's stew. You can't go wrong with an Irish pub in America... we found a fabulous one in NYC.

Thank you for writing this report Abby, you know already how much I want to visit Washington DC and this has just whet my appetite for it even more. I'm going to read Jo's report as well to get even more info and file it away for when I finally get to plan this trip!

Your future plans sound fab... Canada is also on our list, in fact we almost booked it for this year but the dates we wanted to go clashed with my DD's graduation so as you know we ended up in Orlando again, but we'll get there one day. You can go first and then I'll have it all planned out for me

Thanks again Abby, great report - and now I can get back to your Bare Necessities one
Yes the Irish pub was good, Dave did pick well with his stew.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading about DC and our trip. I'm sure you've got a long list of places to visit like me. But DC was definitely worth it. Jo had a different but simile trip to us, she was better organised than me as she managed to get White House tickets, I think you really have to request these as soon as you can and she also got up the monument with a very clever idea. Anyway, I won't spoil it for you and I'll let her tell her story. It was interesting to read hers as we had only just got back home too so it was all very recent.

I'll make sure I plan trips a year ahead of you it will really help with the planning. I find I'm copying Amanda's ideas and trips in true stalker style. One day I will have to do the southern states as NOLA, Nashville, Memphis and Atlanta really appeal.

Currently writing

Now complete

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 2 Jan 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I've just binged this whole report and loved reading it through.

DH and I went to DC for his 30th birthday many moons ago before we had the kids and its brought all the memories back going through this report. We also walked for miles and miles every day and I clearly remember being absolutely shattered in the evenings as a result!

Toronto is a wonderful city so I'd definitely recommend this for your next trip.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR & Pop Century Split Stay
Unread 2 Jan 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
I've just binged this whole report and loved reading it through.

DH and I went to DC for his 30th birthday many moons ago before we had the kids and its brought all the memories back going through this report. We also walked for miles and miles every day and I clearly remember being absolutely shattered in the evenings as a result!

Toronto is a wonderful city so I'd definitely recommend this for your next trip.
It was tiring doing all that walking. No late nights for us out on the town at all, we were happy tucked up in bed by 8.30. The kids thought we were mental - they sat up and watched a bit of telly.

I'm glad Toronto gets the seal of approval. I want to see Niagara but as neither of us has been brave enough to drive abroard yet it has put me off in the past, but I think we need to just suck it up and go for it.

Currently writing

Now complete

Unread 6 Jan 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
When we went to Toronto, it was before I was brave enough to drive overseas as well so we booked a day tour instead.

It was great, really informative and plenty of time in Niagara itself. The tour included the boat trip right up to the falls (called Maid of the Mist at the time but I think it's different now). We also stopped in Niagara on the Lake which is a really charming wee town close by with lots of quaint shops etc.

Its definitely something for you to consider if you don't fancy driving yourselves.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR & Pop Century Split Stay
Unread 6 Jan 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
When we went to Toronto, it was before I was brave enough to drive overseas as well so we booked a day tour instead.

It was great, really informative and plenty of time in Niagara itself. The tour included the boat trip right up to the falls (called Maid of the Mist at the time but I think it's different now). We also stopped in Niagara on the Lake which is a really charming wee town close by with lots of quaint shops etc.

Its definitely something for you to consider if you don't fancy driving yourselves.
That's really helpful, thanks. I'll look into a tour as I'm sure there are some really good ones, and of course to go on a boat trip right up to the falls would be awesome. I'm not sure if we will be brave, more than likely we will end up chickening out as we really do like walking around a city so it would only be used to get us to and from the falls.

Currently writing

Now complete

Orlando Attractions