Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Aug 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile Which resort for 3.5year old and 2 year old?

We own at BLT and are planning on going back with our 2 (eek) children who will be 3.5 and 2. Just weighing up the pros and cons of doing BLT or AKV. We will have a car so can drive from AKV. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hello my dear! 👋
Well as you probably know we love Kidani for the kids, we are just planning our third trip back there with them. We’ve stayed at Poly, Wilderness, OKW, POR and Kidani with them but there’s just something about Kidani we find perfect for them. I love the underground parking. I hated it at first and really was put off - in fact the we never booked Kidani as I hated it so much but we ended up there during Irma last year and were totally converted. Getting to your car and not having hot car seats and a cool car is such a godsend. Also if it’s raining you’re undercover and you’re never far from a lift, I just thought it was fab.

Then there’s the pool splash area. We’ve had these at other resorts but there’s always been something not quite right about them. At Poly for example it was always heaving and the water is actually quite deep in parts, it was above my one year olds head. Then it tips large amounts of water from above which is just a bit much for my toddlers. It’s also super slippy. Wilderness one was similar. The one at Kidani was always quiet, often we were only ones there, and there’s a water playground, slides, water cannons etc and a big thing that tips water but only on one bit. It’s just so fab for kids. Then if they want to go in the big pool it’s zero entry and has a big slide and a small slide too, again my 4yr old loves that slide. They also do cute stuff like put small inflatable animals in for them, again always seemed quiet.

Then there’s the animals of course which kids love. Jambo is an easy stroll where there’s an awesome kids playground and lots of activities.

The big downside is the counter service is poor, there’s a very small selection at the pool bar. But the Mara is nearby or there is a MacDonald’s.

I just like to feel a bit out of the hustle and bustle at the end of the day and I feel Kidani gives us a feeling of space and quiet. Interestingly enough a lot of people complain about how far it is but I felt further away from things at wilderness, everything bar MK felt so far away.

However, all that said the proximity to MK is hard to beat at BLT! You don’t have to battle those nighttime crowds as you can walk which is worth it’s weight in gold after the fireworks! The balconies at BLT have always concerned me a bit with two toddlers but you could go for a low floor. There’s also lots to do there I believe too?

Oh I’m not sure I’ve really helped actually! 😂

Edited at 08:06 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

I would second Kidani for the water splash area and quiet pool or Jambo for the theming and animals. Lovely pool and lots of shade and there are so many activities for children to do. Great restaurants on site as well
5 minutes from Animal Kingdom park
Jambo also has the value rooms so your points go so much further.

I know BLT is walking distance from MK but not somewhere I would choose with small children. If you want to be on the lake I would choose Wilderness Lodge over BLT.
At the end of the day it's your choice there are so many great hotels.
Have you thought of split stay then you get the best of both.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

We love Kidani too. I love the monorail resorts with a buggy though because you don’t have to fold the buggy to get to MK or Epcot. I’m not sure about BLT since the rooms are smaller.

VGF is our home resort and it’s my first choice - proximity to MK, decent pool, bigger rooms with two showers and a pull down bed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'd suggest Beach Club Villas. The pool is the best on property, sandy bottom and a lovely shallow area with a beach for little ones. Great food choices, opposite the Boardwalk for more choice, boat rides to HS and a gentle stroll to Epcot. It has l lovely seaside holiday feel perfect for young families.
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Hello my dear! 👋
Well as you probably know we love Kidani for the kids, we are just planning our third trip back there with them. We’ve stayed at Poly, Wilderness, OKW, POR and Kidani with them but there’s just something about Kidani we find perfect for them. I love the underground parking. I hated it at first and really was put off - in fact the we never booked Kidani as I hated it so much but we ended up there during Irma last year and were totally converted. Getting to your car and not having hot car seats and a cool car is such a godsend. Also if it’s raining you’re undercover and you’re never far from a lift, I just thought it was fab.

Then there’s the pool splash area. We’ve had these at other resorts but there’s always been something not quite right about them. At Poly for example it was always heaving and the water is actually quite deep in parts, it was above my one year olds head. Then it tips large amounts of water from above which is just a bit much for my toddlers. It’s also super slippy. Wilderness one was similar. The one at Kidani was always quiet, often we were only ones there, and there’s a water playground, slides, water cannons etc and a big thing that tips water but only on one bit. It’s just so fab for kids. Then if they want to go in the big pool it’s zero entry and has a big slide and a small slide too, again my 4yr old loves that slide. They also do cute stuff like put small inflatable animals in for them, again always seemed quiet.

Then there’s the animals of course which kids love. Jambo is an easy stroll where there’s an awesome kids playground and lots of activities.

The big downside is the counter service is poor, there’s a very small selection at the pool bar. But the Mara is nearby or there is a MacDonald’s.

I just like to feel a bit out of the hustle and bustle at the end of the day and I feel Kidani gives us a feeling of space and quiet. Interestingly enough a lot of people complain about how far it is but I felt further away from things at wilderness, everything bar MK felt so far away.

However, all that said the proximity to MK is hard to beat at BLT! You don’t have to battle those nighttime crowds as you can walk which is worth it’s weight in gold after the fireworks! The balconies at BLT have always concerned me a bit with two toddlers but you could go for a low floor. There’s also lots to do there I believe too?

Oh I’m not sure I’ve really helped actually! 😂
You’re no help at all 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s so tough! Part of me thinks they’ll love seeing the animals but for the amount of time we will be looking at them is that worth sacrificing the location of BLT? Argh!
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
You’re no help at all 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s so tough! Part of me thinks they’ll love seeing the animals but for the amount of time we will be looking at them is that worth sacrificing the location of BLT? Argh!
Hahaha! 🤣 What about a split stay, half at AKL first then the other half at BLT? That way you could leave fireworks until week two as so long as you leave before those crowds it’s generally ok. We’ve been doing split stays a lot, mainly as we don’t have enough points for a full two weeks and I’m too obsessed to wait until we do. 😂😂
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

At that age, I found the zero entry pool a godsend. Splash zones too. Have to say I don't think I would have cared for the pool at BCV for two little ones (partly because you have two!) though the sand bottom is really wonderful.
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Hahaha! 🤣 What about a split stay, half at AKL first then the other half at BLT? That way you could leave fireworks until week two as so long as you leave before those crowds it’s generally ok. We’ve been doing split stays a lot, mainly as we don’t have enough points for a full two weeks and I’m too obsessed to wait until we do. 😂😂
We are only having one week o site Or split stay would be fine.
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
We are only having one week o site Or split stay would be fine.
Given that the trip is a week I think it depends where you think you will spend your time. If it is in Magic Kingdom then BLT is a no brainer due to proximity. The ability to be out of the park and back in resort within 10 minutes can't be equaled.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List