LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Moretons Magical Memories May 2012 - Day 5 Epcot

The Entourage
Me – Kerry, 34 yr old Disney nutcase, head driver and Narrator. 9th visit
Lee – 33 yr old Florida Lover, 10th Visit, Reserve driver and map man
Jacob – 3 turning 4 (on this trip) yr old going on 40 yr old! 3rd visit (lucky boy) loves collecting autographs
Lucas – 5 month old – smiley in the day – grumpy at night (just like his Daddy)
Dick – 59 yr old – Grandad and Jacob’s best mate – loves the Sun and some roller coasters
Sue 57 yr old – Grandma – Chief tea maker – loves Sprite no Ice.

The Plan
Arrive 7th May – 4 Nights at Bahama Bay Resort
11th May move to Sunset Lakes – Shamu Sanctuary Villa
24th May come home

DAY 5 – EPCOT

We all enjoyed our first night in our new surroundings, although Lucas only managed to sleep till 6am, so I was first up, and immediately went outside to sit by the pool and look over the lake, it was bliss. I was closely followed by Sue and Dick. Lee and Jacob didn’t rise until 7am.

We had a nice relaxing breakfast in the villa, the usual menu of bagels, toast and cereals. Although Jacob did have some scrambled egg. He then insisted on a few games of dominoes before getting showered and dressed. I remember looking across the lake and thinking I would never tire of the view, it really is a beautiful place.

The plan was to hit Futureworld at Epcot today. Lucas was a little monkey and fell back a sleep until 9.15am; I didn’t want to wake him so we left just before 9.30am. The car was quite low on Fuel so we put $40 in which took it to ¾ of a tank. We arrived at a not to busy Epcot at 9.50am. Parked in Discover and you’ve guessed it near the far end of the row again!

With the boys in their strollers, we walked up to the bag search area; it was another lovely day. During the bag search the guard asked Dick if he had brought him over a pint of speckled hen from England. I didn’t know what this was but luckily Dick did and went along with the guy.

We used the tactics that I am sure many others do and went to get some fastpasses for Soarin. Lee set off and agreed to meet us outside Nemo. He came back and said it was really busy and the standby wait was 70mins (only 10.30am) but he had secured FP’s with a return time of 13.00 till 14.00, which was fine.

We went on Nemo, which was a walk on; Lucas loved it and smiled all the way round. Turtle Talk with Crush was next on the agenda. We love this attraction and if you have kids under 9 then they won’t be disappointed. Jacob didn’t ask a question despite us telling him to, maybe next time? but the other kiddies did and crush responded accordingly it was very funny.

The obligatory photo with Bruce

Next up was Innoventions. Jacob, Sue and I did the piggy bank challenge, which was fun, and Jacob enjoyed it, although this picture shows him looking a little worried

While we were in there I think Lee played on the playstations as Lucas had dropped off again! Lee then wanted to do the Fire Hazards attraction with Jacob. The 3 of us went in there while Grandma and Grandad watched Lucas. We were on the Findmores team and although we did well we came 2nd

Time had flown by and it was now 12.30pm and some of the group were peckish, so we went to the Electric Umbrella for a bite to eat. Lee took Jacob for an ice cream and then came in and met the rest of us. Lee had a cookie sandwich, which was huge. Wish I would have got a picture but when Lee has ice cream you have to be super fast to get a picture. I plumped for a child’s chicken wrap, which suited me perfectly, and Sue and Dick both had burgers.

It was time for Soarin, this is the ride that I was most looking forward to taking Jacob on as I had a feeling he would like it. Grandma wasn’t keen so stayed with Lucas who was still asleep. The only thing was she had to wait outside, as they don’t allow strollers anywhere near the building, which is a good thing as it is busy enough without strollers.

The rest of us went and used our Fastpasses to bypass the 60-minute queue. Jacob was full of questions in the queue and kept asking if we went upside down. He sat in between Lee and Me and he loved it, there was a huge grin on his face throughout. Afterwards we asked him if he liked it and he said ‘Yes, but not the fireworks at the end’. He also said he liked the golf ball bit.

He really was chuffed to bits that he had rode Soarin

We went and retrieved Grandma and Lucas from the baking heat and decided to all go on the Living with Land boat ride. Lucas was still asleep so I opted to wait with him while the others rode. He woke up almost as soon as they left me, a shame really because I think he would have liked a little boat ride. The attraction is ok but Jacob had lost interest towards the end.

awww my baby!

We noticed that the Character greeting spot wait time had gone down to 25mins (it had been 45 all day). So went in there, this was the first thing Jacob had to wait in line for and he was hard work. Especially as it was around 3pm, which we found, was the time Jacob got tired on most days. He doesn’t have an afternoon nap so getting up at 7am means a long day for a 4yr old (and for a 34yr old come to think of it). One moment of comedy in the queue was when Lee sat/leant on a rope in the queue and it snapped! It was hilarious to everyone but him, he was so embarrassed but I couldn’t stop laughing.

When we met the characters they were really good with Jacob and Lucas. Jacob collected their signatures but not Mickey’s, as we would be having breakfast with him on Jacob’s birthday. When we got to Donald, Lucas went crazy he was very excited and smiling from ear to ear. He kept grabbing Donald’s nose. It was a perfect Disney moment for Lee and me, just to see Lucas’s face. It proves Reetser’s (dibb member) right, that you are never too young to experience Disney. If you haven’t seen his video’s look them up they are great.

I then wanted to have a gander in Mousegear, as it’s one of my favourite shops within the theme parks. I was still looking for bits for Jacob’s birthday. Jacob wasn’t that keen on shopping so Grandma and Grandad took him outside where they found a little park and a display of topiary. I bought Jacob a few bits for his birthday one of which was a set of Mickey dominoes which I thought would be good as he had just got into it so much with his granddad.
We went outside to meet up with the others where we found them playing in this lovely little park area, it was part of the Flower and Garden festival. The park was part of the pixie garden. The display was lovely, so much detail.

Jacob made friends with a lovely young lady!

Nice picture of Sue and Dick looking like young lovers in the park

Like Jacob we were all starting to flag now, so we headed for the exit and decided to finish off by going on Spaceship Earth. Lee stayed off with Lucas as yet again he had fallen asleep! Whilst outside he went to guest services to check if there were any days left on an old hopper ticket we had from my 1st visit in 1999. It turned out there were 2 hopper days, 2 water parks and 4 visits to the wide world of sports left on it (and the days never expire). Lee was happy with this although he did say he wished he would have checked before paying to go to Typhoon Lagoon yesterday!

Jacob enjoyed Spaceship Earth, especially seeing his face appear on the big screen. It was now hitting 90 degrees and by the time we got back to the car it was roasting. We stood outside while the air con kicked in. The boys were looking forward to cooling off in the pool. We arrived back at the Villa at 4.30 and I think they were in the pool by 4.32. It was lovely just to have that opportunity to jump in the pool whenever we wanted.

It was a struggle but we eventually persuaded Jacob to get out of the pool and get ready to go out for something to eat. I had chosen the Texas Roadhouse tonight (new one on 192). We had never been to a Texas Roadhouse before but I have to say that it was one of the nicest meals we have ever eaten in Florida.

The atmosphere was great. We walked in and were greeted by very happy staff, within minutes they were all line dancing. The service was superb we had a young lad from Miami, who told us that the restaurant had only been open a week. The food was faultless, I had portabella mushroom chicken. Lee went for the Roadkill which is chopped steak, cheese, mushrooms, Sue, 8oz sirloin, mushrooms, onions and salad, Dick had the texas combo which was Ribs, steak, mushrooms and onions and Jacob had the steak bites.

Lee's Roadkill

My Portebello Mushroom Chicken
Jacobs Steak Bites

Dick's Texas Combo

Sue's 8oz Sirloin and of course - Sprite no Ice

The photos actually make the food look disgusting with all that cheese on but it was melt in your beautiful honestly I highly recommend the place!
Everything was topped with cheese and bacon (which is optional), the portions were very big and only Dick managed a pudding (cheesecake). The bill came to $91 + tip. We had a lovely evening Jacob enjoyed cracking the nuts and then putting them on the floor. We all said that we would be back again during the holiday, there were honestly no negatives.

The men in my life
Afterwards everyone went to the restrooms so I took Jacob and Lucas outside. The music was playing outside too where people were sitting awaiting their tables so Jacob treated everyone to his own version of line dancing. This amused many of the customers that were coming and going. He has his own unique style when it comes to dancing, I only wish I had caught it on camera. He got a few comments from customers and he made me smile too.

We got back to the villa around 8.30pm, where Lee took control of the remote, which meant we watched Golf and Ice Hockey until 10pm when we went to bed.

TOMORROW – MOTHERS DAY (USA), CELEBRATION, SHOPPING
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00089.jpg
Views:	3031
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	41935   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00102.jpg
Views:	3052
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	41936   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00171.jpg
Views:	3041
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	41937   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00173.jpg
Views:	3057
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	41938   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00174.jpg
Views:	3056
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	41939  

Name:	CNV00176.jpg
Views:	3032
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	41940   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00177.jpg
Views:	3063
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	41941   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00180.jpg
Views:	3054
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	41942   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00186.jpg
Views:	3038
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	41943   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00190.jpg
Views:	3060
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	41944  

Name:	CNV00191.jpg
Views:	3051
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	41945   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00199.jpg
Views:	3042
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	41946   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00016.jpg
Views:	3053
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	41953   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00015.jpg
Views:	3029
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	41960   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00009.jpg
Views:	3036
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	41962  

Name:	CNV00010.jpg
Views:	3041
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	41964   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00011.jpg
Views:	3035
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	41965   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00012.jpg
Views:	3034
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	41966   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00013.jpg
Views:	3058
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	41967   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00008.jpg
Views:	3047
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	41968  

LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Fab day! Texas Roadhouse looks amazing
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Loving your trip reports. Food looks amazing at the steakhouse!

Can't wait to read about Celebration as we are planning to go this year. x
Old 25 Jun 12, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mummypig
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Lovely pics, food looks good. Thanks for sharing

mummypig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Another great day, have put Texas Roadhouse on list!
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 12, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another lovely day and photos. Food looks good.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysgirls
Imagineer

mickeysgirls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Kerry

Oh I love Epcot, I think it has so much for everyone that no-one leaves feeling left out
How fab that those tickets still had days on, shame that you didn't find out earlier so Lee could have had a freebie at BB the day before
Texas Roadhouse looks good, love that Jacob was entertain the crowds
Fab read and I'll be looking out for day 6!

Tracey xx

Jolly good show

I know what we're going to do today... April 2012 Trip Report
View our spectacular Holiday Trailer in my Trip Report Index!
Booked it, Packed it... April 2013 Trip Report
How to avoid the perfect holiday... February 2015

Hyatt LBV 04, SandyRidge 07, SandyRidge 08, Windsor Hills/Clearwater 09, Hayes City '10, Sunset Lakes '12, Wyndham LBV '13, Champions Gate '13, New York & Clearwater '14, Indian Creek '15 AMI '15, Disney Fantasy '15
mickeysgirls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Great day.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 12, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like a lovely day at Epcot Kerry!

I know Soarin' is getting a bit scratchy and dated now but I still find it magical! How lovely that Lucas interacted with the characters so well as well!

Looking forward to Day 6!

Kate
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 12, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by anniebee65 View Post
Fab day! Texas Roadhouse looks amazing
Thank you and I highly rate Texas Roadhouse as if you couldn't tell

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Loving your trip reports. Food looks amazing at the steakhouse!

Can't wait to read about Celebration as we are planning to go this year. x
We really enjoyed celebration, i hope to get day 6 up soon, thanks for reading

Originally Posted by mummypig View Post
Lovely pics, food looks good. Thanks for sharing
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by gingermoonman View Post
Another great day, have put Texas Roadhouse on list!
Cheers Neil, you won't be disappointed. Loving your avatar and signature pics by the way

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Another lovely day and photos. Food looks good.
thank you for sticking with me
and Well Done Ryan

Originally Posted by mickeysgirls View Post
Hi Kerry

Oh I love Epcot, I think it has so much for everyone that no-one leaves feeling left out
How fab that those tickets still had days on, shame that you didn't find out earlier so Lee could have had a freebie at BB the day before
Texas Roadhouse looks good, love that Jacob was entertain the crowds
Fab read and I'll be looking out for day 6!

Tracey xx
Hello My lovely

I agree about Epcot, hated it when I first started going but I always find more and more each time.
Did I say typhoon lagoon in the report of BB - I think I did oops it was a shame he didnt use the tickets then, but just means we have an excuse to go back and use them!

Take Care xx

Originally Posted by isabel View Post
Sounds like a lovely day at Epcot Kerry!

I know Soarin' is getting a bit scratchy and dated now but I still find it magical! How lovely that Lucas interacted with the characters so well as well!

Looking forward to Day 6!

Kate
I love it too Isabel I was so proud of my little man, and I was really pleased too at Lucas not getting frightened by the characters. Thanks for reading
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List