Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Aug 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsmagoo View Post
We are booking through BA and doing a fly drive so that it’s a package and comes with the same protections. We will be booking on Wednesday. If we don’t get to go next year we will go the following year, nothing to lose really
Regarding not going next year and rebooking for 2022, do bear in mind post 3 above, if you cancel and take a voucher, travel using that voucher has to be undertaken by 30/04/2022, as it stands.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Thank you for that. We won’t need to pay the balance until 4 weeks before so should have a better idea of where things are at then. If we can’t go then we would probably do New York around easter 2022 so that could work. I’m secretly hoping that BA would extend the date of the voucher though.
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Regarding not going next year and rebooking for 2022, do bear in mind post 3 above, if you cancel and take a voucher, travel using that voucher has to be undertaken by 30/04/2022, as it stands.
Iv just looked at the terms and conditions of the cancellation through ba and the date of the 30/4/2022 is for travel that should have been completed by 30th September this year. I can’t see anything about travel after that date, hopefully it will cover summer 2022
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Iv just looked at the terms and conditions of the cancellation through ba and the date of the 30/4/2022 is for travel that should have been completed by 30th September this year. I can’t see anything about travel after that date, hopefully it will cover summer 2022
I read on the BA website that for the 'Booking with Confidence' thing flights have to be booked by 30th September this year for travel by 31st August 2021.

Edited at 05:28 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I read on the BA website that for the 'Booking with Confidence' thing flights have to be booked by 30th September this year for travel by 31st August 2021.
Yep that’s correct but they are offering a voucher if you can no longer travel. Iv tweeted them asking about the 30/4/22 date and got the reply that that date is for flights that should have gone by 31/12/20. I have asked when the vouchers need to be used by for summer flights next year that are booked before the 30th September.
Old 31 Aug 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Yep that’s correct but they are offering a voucher if you can no longer travel. Iv tweeted them asking about the 30/4/22 date and got the reply that that date is for flights that should have gone by 31/12/20. I have asked when the vouchers need to be used by for summer flights next year that are booked before the 30th September.
Perhaps it is not up to date, but the BA Holidays page is still showing that bookings made now for travel up to 31/08/21 would be eligible for a voucher valid until 30/04/22.

britishairways/en-gb...stomer-promise

If you book a holiday before 30 September 2020 for travel up to 31 August 2021, we’ll let you amend your booking for free (just pay the difference in price) or cancel it and get a voucher for travel up until 30 April 2022. We also offer additional flexibility should the UK government make a change to the quarantine policy once you have booked your holiday. A minimum notice period applies, please check the full policy.
I can’t see anything that shows vouchers for holidays valid beyond April 2022, but of course it can be changed at any time by BA.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

New or existing travel insurance is likely to be not valid as FCO advice in place currently so even if you have a bank policy it is unlikely to cover a newly booked trip.

Cancellation can happen for lots of reasons not just Covid so you are unlikely to be covered. Unless you take out a policy now, with some one like Battleface, that covers travelling against FCO advice you are unlikely to be covered even for medical. Please check rather than risk thousands.

It's great BA offer a voucher does this cover any reason you want to cancel?.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
New or existing travel insurance is likely to be not valid as FCO advice in place currently so even if you have a bank policy it is unlikely to cover a newly booked trip.

Cancellation can happen for lots of reasons not just Covid so you are unlikely to be covered. Unless you take out a policy now, with some one like Battleface, that covers travelling against FCO advice you are unlikely to be covered even for medical. Please check rather than risk thousands.

It's great BA offer a voucher does this cover any reason you want to cancel?.
We rang our travel insurance last night (barclays). They confirmed that even if the FCO are advising against travel when we book as long as that advice is lifted when we go then we are fully covered. Only thing we are not covered for is if we get ill with Covid we wont be covered for cancellation which is why we have paid a little more to get extra insurances from Villa, tickets etc. BA have said that dates could be extended for using the voucher as it is the same date for people who were due to travel this year as it is for those due to travel next year.
Old 2 Sep 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We rang our travel insurance last night (barclays). They confirmed that even if the FCO are advising against travel when we book as long as that advice is lifted when we go then we are fully covered. Only thing we are not covered for is if we get ill with Covid we wont be covered for cancellation which is why we have paid a little more to get extra insurances from Villa, tickets etc. BA have said that dates could be extended for using the voucher as it is the same date for people who were due to travel this year as it is for those due to travel next year.
What if you are taken illl just before, will they cover cancellation?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leelashpurple View Post
We have had our Business class flights with Aer Lingus refunded. In the next few weeks we will be looking to book flights for next year. We would like to book some form of package with some accommodation for our first night before using Clubcard vouchers for HRH and then on to Disney or Swan /Dolphin (currently have a beach club booking but with out DDP it is too expensive). With a package we are just risking a deposit. How would I find a travel agent to help us with this if I find my flights e.g using the ITA matrix? Or can I book a package with any airlines?

Thank you in advance.
Sorry to go off topic. I'm still waiting for a voucher or refund from Aer Lingus.
Did you book direct? When were you due to go.

Many Thanks

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List