Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Well I bought a new vacation planner yesterday and have booked all our parks and got the suitcases on the spare bed to start putting bits for the villa in that’s how positive I am now
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznut4eva
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
In the politest way possible, it seems from reading your other thread, that you have a vacation booked later in the year, that you’d prefer could be easily cancelled. Borders opening up will not help you and so the feeling I was getting (and I may be wrong) was that you’d prefer them left closed. I think you are concerned about quarantining abroad with children if you test positive before coming home, which is completely understandable. Many people will feel the same way and do not want their insurance companies given the opportunity to say ‘use it or lose it’ (I think you said).

You have a very valid viewpoint and I respect that.

However, equally many people will be hoping for boarders to open for their own reasons. Homes or family abroad; mental health; or simply they can’t wait to start living again. They aren’t worried about or can manage the quarantine issue and are not concerned about their children being affected because their have risk assessed the threat for themselves. All equally valid.

You are right that we don’t know yet which way it will go. The hopeful cannot say we’ll definitely get to the US this year and the less hopeful can’t say that we won’t. We will find out soon in the coming months.

This is the positive thread, which is simply a place for the hopeful to chat and share rumours with the full understanding those rumours may be nothing more than just that. We are not claiming to know definite information. We are not claiming to have inside info. It’s simply hope... and as you say will not make a difference to the outcome. But people are ALLOWED to hope.

We can hope borders open, and you can hope they don’t (if that’s your position). Both are acceptable.

One thing many insurers and travel companies are doing, is allowing people to delay their holidays, cancel or in my case, cancel if I learn I would have to quarantine. (Although I would still go personally). Everyone must be aware of the terms and conditions of their bookings right now, that’s the only really certain thing.
I can 100% confirm I am desperate to go, I’m desperate for you and everyone to go, I’d go tomorrow even if I had to swim there (whilst wearing a mask) the thought of not getting there again has consumed me and if anything would effect my mental health it would be this (acknowledging that this is very much a first world problem compared to what so many have and are going through)

I just will not subscribe to positive/negative having any affect on the scenario. Because if it did we’d already be there, based on the amount of good will that people gave to get back home.

This started because I was looking for what news people were basing this positivity on, someone answered with a 5 week old news story that hasn’t developed and I already knew about. I was looking for recent news.
Diznut4eva is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Diznut4eva View Post
I can 100% confirm I am desperate to go, I’m desperate for you and everyone to go, I’d go tomorrow even if I had to swim there (whilst wearing a mask) the thought of not getting there again has consumed me and if anything would effect my mental health it would be this (acknowledging that this is very much a first world problem compared to what so many have and are going through)

I just will not subscribe to positive/negative having any affect on the scenario. Because if it did we’d already be there, based on the amount of good will that people gave to get back home.

This started because I was looking for what news people were basing this positivity on, someone answered with a 5 week old news story that hasn’t developed and I already knew about. I was looking for recent news.
Then you’re in the same boat as us and I understand how you’re feeling.
There’s nothing any of us can do, but wait. There is not due to be any factual news yet.

You’ve got quite a bit of time before your holiday, so why not put it out of your mind for now and look again for answers on May 17th? Not said in a nasty way, it just might alleviate the stress in the meantime.
Old 18 Apr 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

It’s me you’re referring to in this post. If you want the most accurate information you can find, there is also the option of doing your own research? Rather than relying on other people on a forum to do it for you!
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznut4eva
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
It’s me you’re referring to in this post. If you want the most accurate information you can find, there is also the option of doing your own research? Rather than relying on other people on a forum to do it for you!
I do, daily.

What on earth makes you think I’m relying on anyone to provide me information? Am I not allowed to ask? Is that not what forums are for?

Grow up.
Diznut4eva is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

I do, daily.

What on earth makes you think I’m relying on anyone to provide me information? Am I not allowed to ask? Is that not what forums are for?

Grow up.
Your other thread you said ‘people putting positive only might as well say ‘just tell me what I want to hear’’, so it’s interesting that since you arrived in this thread, it’s just caused angst. I’d suggest it’s not me that has the growing up to do.

Can we go back to the purpose of this thread now? Positivity...
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznut4eva
Earning More Ears

Your other thread you said ‘people putting positive only might as well say ‘just tell me what I want to hear’’, so it’s interesting that since you arrived in this thread, it’s just caused angst. I’d suggest it’s not me that has the growing up to do.

Can we go back to the purpose of this thread now? Positivity...
That’s where I started, by asking for recent news that enabled the “positivity” you said I shouldn’t/couldn’t
Old 18 Apr 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

That’s where I started, by asking for recent news that enabled the “positivity” you said I shouldn’t/couldn’t
The most recent is in the Telegraph this morning. Suggesting the USA will be one of 8 countries labelled green. As for the US. Nothing seen more recent than I talked about.
Old 18 Apr 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznut4eva
Earning More Ears

The most recent is in the Telegraph this morning. Suggesting the USA will be one of 8 countries labelled green. As for the US. Nothing seen more recent than I talked about.
I’ve just read that, the evening standard version which they quoted the telegraph on, it also said Australia and New Zealand would be on the list but there’s no indication when countries with travel bans will end them.
Old 18 Apr 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m still positive for sept , need to keep the belief up that’s all we can do 😀
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018

Edited at 02:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List