Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Apr 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

If no free DDP in 2021... DVC?

So we are booked this year for Sep but IF it doesn’t happen I have been looking at Sep 2021 and the room rates seem a lot higher. Around £1000 extra for just the hotel

So...
Now thinking if no free DDP is offered and I want to rebook should I look at DVC rental.
I have never done this before so for those with prior experience would you recommend it for a party of 3 adults?
Ideally we would like a 1 bedroom as it’s me, DH and my brother. We are flexible on time of year so is there a time with historically better availability or better value?

When would I need to be submitting a request for points?
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No I wouldn’t personally. I had been thinking we would for next year but I think now what situation I’d be in for this year had we rented DVC points and it doesn’t bear thinking about.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Same here. I always thought if we couldn’t get free dining we would rent points. Wouldn’t even consider it at the moment.
Too much cash outlay and risk in the current climate. Maybe in the future when(if) things settle down.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
No I wouldn’t personally. I had been thinking we would for next year but I think now what situation I’d be in for this year had we rented DVC points and it doesn’t bear thinking about.
Lots of people have lost significant amounts of money sadly.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

if i was to rent DVC points i'd take out the insurance. However, i think for next year there will be a lot of people that will have banked points from this year so resorts will be difficult to book
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Ah I had not looked at the cancellation policy for renting DVC, I’m assuming from your comments that it’s poor to non existent?
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lorna_99 View Post
Ah I had not looked at the cancellation policy for renting DVC, I’m assuming from your comments that it’s poor to non existent?
I’ve never rented through a company, only through Dibbers so I can’t say what the policy is. I’d imagine it doesn’t cover pandemics though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I have always been a bit nervous about renting DVC points, but I definitely wouldn’t now for the reason you mention.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I've been thinking about renting DVC points for future visits but the money is non-refundable if you can't go. I've read about so many people losing their money this year I'm not going to chance it even when things settle down.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

I've rented for this year, never again!
No free dining will stay offsite in a villa next year.
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List