Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 Nov 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
She said she had 40 quick service meals left over 😲 And ended up with just under $900 worth of Ghirardelli's. It seems like a massive amount of unused meals🤔
I read a lot of dining threads. So many tips on how to stretch it out, share one meal between five , swap included drinks for more food, never use a credit on a drink but then they end up with loads of unused credits at the end. I don’t get it, I am a dibb rebel as I will use a snack credit on a bottle of water.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic mouse1
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi we just got back on Wednesday, and we were allowed to use our unused credit s .full meal credits and snack.
The reason we were left over so many credits are 3 days in universal, so there is 12 meal credits and 12 snack credits there is 2 adults,also the first day did not get to hotel till after 19.00 so only had 2 meal credits leaving 2 credits and 2 snacks spare.and also on last day Left room at 11, .so only used 2 credits on last day so another 2 meal credits and another 2 snacks.
So there is 16 meal credits and 16 snacks left
So we spent this in the shop about 480 dollars.
I don’t understand why people winged about what people get, would you throw that much away.
One way or another you have paid for the dinning plan and want what you have paid for
Magic mouse1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic mouse1 View Post
Hi we just got back on Wednesday, and we were allowed to use our unused credit s .full meal credits and snack.
The reason we were left over so many credits are 3 days in universal, so there is 12 meal credits and 12 snack credits there is 2 adults,also the first day did not get to hotel till after 19.00 so only had 2 meal credits leaving 2 credits and 2 snacks spare.and also on last day Left room at 11, .so only used 2 credits on last day so another 2 meal credits and another 2 snacks.
So there is 16 meal credits and 16 snacks left
So we spent this in the shop about 480 dollars.
I don’t understand why people winged about what people get, would you throw that much away.
One way or another you have paid for the dinning plan and want what you have paid for
Nobody is whinging about it,like I said I've never done the DDP and have no wish to,seemingly the notice just appeared yesterday though that they were stopping it.
Old 30 Nov 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

If they are stopping it then I'm not surprised. It must be annoying for them with so much not being bought with actual money.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I read a lot of dining threads. So many tips on how to stretch it out, share one meal between five , swap included drinks for more food, never use a credit on a drink but then they end up with loads of unused credits at the end. I don’t get it, I am a dibb rebel as I will use a snack credit on a bottle of water.
I'm a dibb rebel too and I like being my own person There's way too much 'The Dibb says this so it must be right' type attitude on here.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
I've also seen this but other people have said that they do this every Christmas and go back to normal in mid January
We used them last December between Christmas and new year and bought lots of half price peppermint bark with snack credits so they don’t normally stop taking them over Christmas.
Old 30 Nov 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
If they are stopping it then I'm not surprised. It must be annoying for them with so much not being bought with actual money.
They obviously get money for the credits otherwise they wouldn’t do it. I’d suspect that they prefer having the credits otherwise they wouldn’t do anywhere close to the amount of business they do.
THOscar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I think they’re either scaling back or it’s hit or miss depending on who you get. I was able to get DVC discount on top of all of their offers in January. I had about 20 snack credits to use at the start of the month and didn’t get either.

We ended up with too many snack credits because it’s just too much food. We don’t pay out of pocket for anything, and last time we took insulated bottles for water so didn’t even buy fountain sodas.
Old 1 Dec 19, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic mouse1
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Why would a business be annoyed with someone buying there products.
I am sure they will be more annoyed when there sales drop. The shop still gets paid of Disney just like a credit card.
It sounds like Disney stopping them from using it, as it’s disney who benefits if you don’t use your credits .as they have already got your money upfront
Magic mouse1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
The Chimes
New Poster (5)

I was in there yesterday spending credits - they have a list of items that they will provide for a snack credit at the moment. On the retail side that was only the chocolate bars - not the bags of squares.
The Chimes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List