Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Thanks for the review linnite it does sound like we didnt pick the best year for our first wdw holiday 😯. I knew about Dhs but didnt realise there was lots going on at epcot- what rides have closed there if you dont mind me asking?
Perhaps I'm overstating the situation with Epcot. Only Ellen Energy recently, I suppose. I don't know when Captain Eo went, it just seemed a tipping point for me I guess and it now seems a smaller affair.

We did a 9am to 8pm day and a 1pm to 8pm day there to be fair, but that included two table service meals, a bit of the Phineas and Ferb thing, we went on Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth all twice and every other ride once, right down to Living with The Land and so on.

There is still lots to offer at Disney and everyone is going to have a great time, I think people are better off knowing the scale of change there at the moment and being ready for it.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
Perhaps I'm overstating the situation with Epcot. Only Ellen Energy recently, I suppose. I don't know when Captain Eo went, it just seemed a tipping point for me I guess and it now seems a smaller affair.

We did a 9am to 8pm day and a 1pm to 8pm day there to be fair, but that included two table service meals, a bit of the Phineas and Ferb thing, we went on Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth all twice and every other ride once, right down to Living with The Land and so on.

There is still lots to offer at Disney and everyone is going to have a great time, I think people are better off knowing the scale of change there at the moment and being ready for it.
Thankyou i really appreciate hearing others opionions and reviews as i then feel i will go better prepared!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandofan
Imagineer

Welcome home Cha Cha
Old 27 Aug 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Perhaps I'm overstating the situation with Epcot. ...

... There is still lots to offer at Disney and everyone is going to have a great time, I think people are better off knowing the scale of change there at the moment and being ready for it.
Thanks for a really useful perspective on all the change.

I had friends visit Disneyland Paris early last year and, over there, it did get excessive. An absurd volume of attractions out of commission in prep for their own anniversary.

However, I think you're right about WDW. Regulars like us always advise first timers that they cannot fit everything in and shouldn't try. So, hopefully this period just lets them direct their fun towards other equally entertaining attractions in each park.

And of course, its harder for us, missing much beloved attractions and feeling nostalgic. (I still yearn for the old Nautilus ride in MK).
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandofan View Post
Welcome home Cha Cha
Thanks Orlandofan 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Queen_Elsa View Post
Yeah and I guess that's when the real noise will start.
Thanks for the updates Cha
Hey Q_E,
Yeah guessing it will starting a new phase soon.
Hope you're having fun planning your med cruise. Is it a Disney Cruise? 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by solliss View Post
Fab that you are going again next year, I'm going to have the major blues, we probably won't be back for 3 years 😞.
Speak soon.
Hey Solliss, how long have you got left at CBR? 😊
Old 27 Aug 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Welcome home Cha Cha, happy planning for next year. Hopefully the countdown won't be the roller-coaster this year's has been ☺️
Thanks Bb... I know! Lol
Disney better not go messing with POR next year!
😊
Old 27 Aug 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi all, we are leaving CBR for our final 3 nights at AKL tomorrow morning so I also thought I would do some summing up. No revelations or rocket science here but if I pass a view here and others are saying the same then maybe it will be helpful to the reader that multiple people are saying the same things.

In the end for me, we are having a great holiday but not a perfect one and I'd advise that this doesn't seem the right moment to come to Disney if you are only going to get here once. Sorry to be saying it as I know people have already committed or only get the one chance.

The problem is how much of Disney is dug up, and this is where the issue is wider than just CBR or anywhere else. Epcot and DHS are kinda wiped out and can be done in a day each IMO (definitely DHS, and Epcot too unless you have big plans for World Showcase), because so many rides are closed, and everywhere you go there are cranes, roadworks, trucks, diggers, piles of earth. This applies to all the resort areas around Epcot, DHS etc, Wide World of Sports is a pile of earth.

I understand and appreciate Disney's ambition and plans for 2021 but it isn't really fair what's going on now and there should be reduced prices all round IMO to compensate.

On the plus side Disney Springs is really impressive now, AK is great and is being left alone following all the changes, and MK is nearly but not quite being left alone at the moment.

For this reason if I was booking for a holiday in the next year or so I would try and get in the AK or MK resort areas. I know that's all the more expensive hotels. We have visited the Poly and WL (twice) during this stay and straight away you feel less affected by the massive changes going on.

All of this is to explain that our stay at CBR has not been a negative feature in our holiday, we have really enjoyed being here. There are some ugly views in certain directions...but this is my point - there are ugly views all over the place. The poor souls at CSR have had the same ugly views and no compensation.

I think of it this way... when we shut the door to our room at the end of the day we have the same quality experience in room as we would have had last year, in fact being so near to an island market and freestyle machine was holiday-enhancing and I hope it is there to stay.

Similarly once you are on your bus to one of the parks your experience will be the same as anyone staying in other resorts. We have not been on buses for rope drop or returns after fireworks but our experience on the buses has been the same as previous visits probably, usually pretty good, every now and then, less so.

So it is the times not covered by the above that affect your stay, at the risk of stating the obvious. How much time on your holiday is not covered by the above? Do you plan to be in and around the place a lot, going for nice walks and taking in the scenery?

Got lots of plans to eat at CBR? We didn't, we only ate here twice, one food truck lunch and one evening meal. Both were fine but not exactly nice surroundings or leave you feeling you were having a quality holiday of the sort you paid for (though if you have done a Greek or Spanish 3 star all inclusive and been happy you will also be fine with the evening buffet I would say)...try to minimise their use I would say and if you will be leaning on them loads and loads then is this the right place to be? For us it was 'only the food court', never planned to be a big part of our holiday.

The pools, by which I mean the main one and our local Jamaica one, were also great and pretty much unaffected.

The staff are all trying their best and will help in any way they can.

So in summary CBR has not affected our holiday but Epcot and DHS and the whole place being dug up have.

Thanks for all the great support on here, I plan to stay tuned in.
You're right it is a complete mess around WDW in parts. 😕
Hope you enjoy AKL 😊
Old 27 Aug 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I probably won't do any more observation posts from CBR, not really sure how useful they were anyway, but, will be on the CBR thread on & off until it's no more - sob!
😊😘💕
Closed Thread