Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
From a friend's experience the problem was (and might still be) Disney were taking $100 per day from his cc which was of course reducing his limit to spend.
They are only supposed to take another $100 hold out once you have spent more than $100. They shouldn't take out a $100 hold automatically every day if you haven't bought anything - if they are doing that then that is wrong, yes.

So, when you first arrive they'll take out $100 hold on the card. If you spend $100 in the first day then they'll take another $100 hold ($200 in total). If you spend another $100 on the next day they'll take out another $100 hold ($300 in total). And so on. This is normal.

The total of the hold should always be around $100 more than you've spent. For example, with a total of $300 hold on the card it will mean that you'll have spent $200 onsite. This does not mean that $500 has been reduced from the limit to spend; the $200 is on the room account and only the $300 hold is on the credit card.

When you pay off the room account Disney should remove the current holds on the credit card - and then add another $100 hold to cover future purchases. I'm guess there could be a problem with the holds not clearing? If that's the case I can see this being an issue.

Otherwise, all Disney is doing is effectively limiting the amount to spend on the CC by $100 less than the credit limit.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:28 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

We linked our monzo debit card (we don’t have a credit card) to our magic bands and they never put a hold on the account. I think it just depends
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
They are only supposed to take another $100 hold out once you have spent more than $100. They shouldn't take out a $100 hold automatically every day if you haven't bought anything - if they are doing that then that is wrong, yes.

So, when you first arrive they'll take out $100 hold on the card. If you spend $100 in the first day then they'll take another $100 hold ($200 in total). If you spend another $100 on the next day they'll take out another $100 hold ($300 in total). And so on. This is normal.

The total of the hold should always be around $100 more than you've spent. For example, with a total of $300 hold on the card it will mean that you'll have spent $200 onsite. This does not mean that $500 has been reduced from the limit to spend; the $200 is on the room account and only the $300 hold is on the credit card.

When you pay off the room account Disney should remove the current holds on the credit card - and then add another $100 hold to cover future purchases. I'm guess there could be a problem with the holds not clearing? If that's the case I can see this being an issue.

Otherwise, all Disney is doing is effectively limiting the amount to spend on the CC by $100 less than the credit limit.
Many thanks for the above post. I am meeting up with my friend on Monday so will ask him what the final response from Disney was.
My personal concern is that as we will be there for four weeks and at three different hotels how much will Disney hold against my cc which is linked to my MB. We usually use our MB for everything and then settle our bill every 3-4 days. I use MDE to keep a close eye on the charges showing. There is occasionally errors showing.
Old 27 Jul 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We had an initial hold of £100 plus 2 holds that corresponded to the next two days shopping. Then I stopped using the magic band as I wasn’t sure what was happening. I’ve still got the same holds and the full amount is showing as outstanding so it’s not making much sense to me.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I don't like the new system. At one point I had 14 holds on my card for various amounts and it was hard to check what was what. They also failed to tell me that they auto billed on day four regardless of the balance or your actual check out day, which they got a severe bollocking for, as I had a gift card to use. I'd rather have a choice of credit limit on the room and one hold placed to cover it. The Hard Rock and Four Seasons both placed an $800 hold at check in and it was way less confusing.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

There seems to be different procedures being followed depending on the resort you are staying at. Total inconsistency.
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So mine now seems to just be what I’ve spent plus $70 hold. We’ve been here a week and they still haven’t paid off my band which is $421 do I need to ask them to do it? I’d rather it go through on my card than be pending
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
So mine now seems to just be what I’ve spent plus $70 hold. We’ve been here a week and they still haven’t paid off my band which is $421 do I need to ask them to do it? I’d rather it go through on my card than be pending
This is the same as mine. When I saw the holds I thought it was the bill going through but it never has. It’s still pending on my card and not paid on my room.
We check out on Monday so will see what happens next.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

In May our room account was cleared and charged every five days, showing on MDE. The charges didn’t show on our PO CC until a few days later.
Old 1 Aug 19, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

So thought I’d update this. We were at copper creek last week and had holds on the card each night equal to what we’d spent. Plus an initially $100 hold. There was some smaller charges on the last few days that I didn’t notice getting a hold for so it may have to be over $100 to trigger it.

These were never turned into real charges and the night before we checked out we decided to pay our bill in cash. This cleared the balance and all the holds have disappeared today (3 days later).