Notices

Old 3 Aug 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Well done on the cocktails.

We are off to the borders for a few nights to a cottage with a hot tub but I’m feeling that I should have packed more than just wine, I have fomo! 😂 might need to see if m&s have anything exciting on the way.
Old 3 Aug 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Fantastic couple of days and love that you’ve managed to get through all bar one of the cocktails.
I think you definitely need another of the banana cocktails.
I’m going to have a look through the menu and see which ones you enjoyed and request some more of those.
The week has flown by I can’t believe you’re halfway through your holiday.
Old 3 Aug 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've not commented yet but have loved reading a new trippie. Well done on the cocktails, it sounds like you are having a great time and I'm another one tempted by Jamaica!
Old 3 Aug 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

So proud of you, I knew you would get through the cocktails swiftly 🥳
I fancy a French martini🍸
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Lovely to see that you're all having such a great time.

Sorry if I missed it and you had one but, as far as cocktails are concerned, I'd be ordering a mango daiquiri if available.

We always say we'll do excursions on these types of holidays, but, apart from a boat trip we pretty much chill around the resort. If that's what you're enjoying then stick with it.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Well done on the cocktails.

We are off to the borders for a few nights to a cottage with a hot tub but I’m feeling that I should have packed more than just wine, I have fomo! 😂 might need to see if m&s have anything exciting on the way.
I hope you have fun on tour trip. Maybe M&S will have some of the cans of cocktails. That would be good in a hot tub.

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Fantastic couple of days and love that you’ve managed to get through all bar one of the cocktails.
I think you definitely need another of the banana cocktails.
I’m going to have a look through the menu and see which ones you enjoyed and request some more of those.
The week has flown by I can’t believe you’re halfway through your holiday.
I was saying to mum earlier you should never try doing everything on a holiday...not having tried all the cocktails is a reason to come back 😉

I saw your reply just before heading up the beach to the bar. So I asked for a dirty banana. Great choice. It was delicious.

We had to dash back to the room as it started raining but the drink was still tasty.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
I've not commented yet but have loved reading a new trippie. Well done on the cocktails, it sounds like you are having a great time and I'm another one tempted by Jamaica!
I'm glad you're enjoying it. We've enjoyed it a lot and it's been lovely having my parents come away with us.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
So proud of you, I knew you would get through the cocktails swiftly 🥳
I fancy a French martini🍸
I'll go for that as my pre dinner drink. I do love a martini 😊

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Lovely to see that you're all having such a great time.

Sorry if I missed it and you had one but, as far as cocktails are concerned, I'd be ordering a mango daiquiri if available.

We always say we'll do excursions on these types of holidays, but, apart from a boat trip we pretty much chill around the resort. If that's what you're enjoying then stick with it.

Jill
The Daiquiris are nice they did a lovely strawberry one. I'll ask for mango though as that's sounds delicious thanks for the tip 😋

We managed to walk up the beach earlier and looked at all the other resorts on Bloody Bay. I think a boat trip might be it for us too though. Neither of the kids fancy the 9am meet up time for excursions 😴

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Only discovered your report yesterday and have really enjoyed it so far. We too are heading to Jamaica mid August with our grown up children and grandchildren then the two of us are heading to Florida.

We were originally going to Barbados for our ‘quarantine’ but changed as we really wanted our family to be able to join us and Jamaica seemed very family-friendly.

They have missed out on two Disney trips now so this is a good compromise.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Hey Abby, I’m just catching up on your last few days. I’m loving the chilled out type of holiday you are all having. The cocktail tally is seriously impressive!

We were all ready to push the button on booking Jamaica but then friends said they’d like to come with us and the dates didn’t quite fit so we’ve booked Crete instead! I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep up with your cocktail number but I’m going to have fun trying 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
Only discovered your report yesterday and have really enjoyed it so far. We too are heading to Jamaica mid August with our grown up children and grandchildren then the two of us are heading to Florida.

We were originally going to Barbados for our ‘quarantine’ but changed as we really wanted our family to be able to join us and Jamaica seemed very family-friendly.

They have missed out on two Disney trips now so this is a good compromise.
That sounds like a great holiday. I hope you really enjoy your family time in Jamaica and have fun in Florida. Be prepared for the rain here though and have some back up in door activities planned for the afternoon.

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Hey Abby, I’m just catching up on your last few days. I’m loving the chilled out type of holiday you are all having. The cocktail tally is seriously impressive!

We were all ready to push the button on booking Jamaica but then friends said they’d like to come with us and the dates didn’t quite fit so we’ve booked Crete instead! I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep up with your cocktail number but I’m going to have fun trying 😂
Great news I hope you have a brilliant time in Crete with your friends. You'd have to go some to beat my cocktail Tally. Might have to slow down today, we 'played some cards' yesterday afternoon 😉