Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Mar 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
I think they should give everyone a chance to experience it. If that means no EMH or fastpass, then so be it.
If they had fast passes for a hugely popular new ride, then only on-site guests would be able to get them due to others not being to get fast passes until 30 days.
Off-site guests have paid their entry money for entry too, and shouldn't be excluded.
Disagree. People have and always will pay a premium to get an advantage. I stay onsite it gives me advantage over those that don’t.

Disney is a business nothing more nothing less, fairness doesn’t come into it. Fly first class you pay more and get more than flying economy. I book Disney hotels not because they are superior ( unless deluxe) Moderate down are very basic but it pretty themes area. I book because I get free dining and the 60 day Fastpass, free transportation, EMH etc . If I don’t get the extras I don’t book. Disney world Florida resorts and parks are not separate entities they are as one the Walt Disney resort area. So yes, if I spend my money at a Disney hotels I do expect to get preferred treatment.

As I would if I booked universal hotels etc

Originally Posted by 3family View Post
I don’t mean to sound dismissive but Disney sells its hotels with these added ‘bonuses’ of EMH and early FP and they will do all they can to get you to stay in their hotels

To suggest anything else is living in a fantasy land. Disney will do what’s best for their bottom line. They have to.

As it is, everyone will be allowed enter and at the start there is no FP

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I think part of the reason for no FP's is the trouble this caused at Toy story land. They had everone queue to get into the land and lots of people did not know that if they had a FP for one of the rides they could skip that queue and enter the area. This also caused other people to complain as they just wanted to look around but those with ride FP's were been given access to the area in advance. So having no FP means you only need one Q into the area and then only 1 Q for the ride. As the for the ride is lilkley to be long it could turn out that its just 1 Q for both.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
WOW that could actually mean you then JoE
DW say’s it’s a shame that i’ll just miss out and two out of three ain’t bad!

Hate it that she’s always right!
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gaz Lear View Post
Every time you use a magic band at entrance or a ride a photo is taken of you that goes straight to the iPad at the gate. It won’t take long for Disney to notice discrepancies
I have never heard of this before. And I've never seen any cameras. I have seen the screens that the CMs look at when you scan your band/ticket but all that appears on these is your name. No photo.

Plus, it didn't seem to stop all those people who were paying to use other people's AP fastpasses in the past. Disney had to change the system so that you could only use a fastpass linked to a ticket that had actually been used to enter the park. If they took photos then you'd think they would use those rather than having to change their previous system.

Are you sure you're not getting confused with Universal's Express Pass system? That now takes photos in the line and compares them with previous photos.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:42 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I have never heard of this before. And I've never seen any cameras. I have seen the screens that the CMs look at when you scan your band/ticket but all that appears on these is your name. No photo.

Plus, it didn't seem to stop all those people who were paying to use other people's AP fastpasses in the past. Disney had to change the system so that you could only use a fastpass linked to a ticket that had actually been used to enter the park. If they took photos then you'd think they would use those rather than having to change their previous system.

Are you sure you're not getting confused with Universal's Express Pass system? That now takes photos in the line and compares them with previous photos.
Well if they do take photos they'd have had my 13 year old daughter riding small world as my father in law and my mother in law riding the little mermaid ride as my husband. 😂
Old 11 Mar 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
So in terms of magic bands, they do hold a photo if you have a DAS so they have the facility to and this does come up on the screen when you scan the band. My photo however comes up on all my families bands to ensure that I am with them to use the DAS (disability assistance pass). I think policing any sort of photo system however would be a nightmare!