Notices

Old 1 Apr 13, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
One small step for man, one giant leap for the Armstrong’s – August 2014!

Well, with 492 days, 12 hours till we get back to the mouse, I obviously don’t have much time to start our pre-trippie

Firstly, the reason for the name of our pre-trip/trip report. I am married to Neil Armstrong (yes, really!), yes he was born 2 years after the moon landing, yes Neil’s parents did realise he would always have the connection but they loved the name…. and yes he does a get a comment all the time from people we’ve never met (including Orlando immigration when we went on honeymoon in 2000 who burst out laughing and walked off up and down the immigration officers showing Neil’s passport!).

Anyhoo, on with the introductions:-

Neil AKA Moonman, Daddy, Hubby (41, will be 43 when we go)
Obsessed with all things American. Would emigrate tomorrow (with us I think!) if he could. Chief financier , car driver and planner. Loves all the big rides although not keen on water rides!, taking photos, crazy golf, American food and lives for his Florida holidays. Can’t wait for Despicable Me 2 and the Despicable Me ride at Universal! Graphic Designer in London during week and does extra shifts at Tesco at weekend.

Me AKA Katie, Mummy, Wife (soon to be 35, will be 36 when we go)
Equally obsessed with all things American, Disney, Walmart, Publix. Also, like to plan ahead! Working full-time as an HLTA and studying to be a teacher.

Mimi AKA Amelia (11, will be 12 when we go)
Our very girly girl! Loved Florida holiday in 2011. Little Miss placid, gentle and caring little girl (although now same height as me!), loves dancing and dances 4 times a week. Ambition to one of the dancers at Disneyworld for a Summer when she’s older! Loves Irish dancing and loved getting up on stage at Raglan Road on her first trip to do a little jig! Became obsessed with fake nails and handbags on our last trip! Starts Secondary school in September so big change for her this year!

Immy AKA Imogen (8, will be 10 when we go)
Our tiny bundle of energy, mischief and bossiness! She does have a caring and kind streak but we never know if it will make an appearance on a day to day basis! Immy is going through a tomboy stage so spends most of her time wearing Spiderman inspired outfits! She is a thrill seeker and loved every ride that she was tall enough to go on in October 2011! Although Immy is 8 she is tiny, only just getting big enough to wear age 5-6 clothes! We’re hoping for a growth spurt as she wants to do Harry Potter! Loves animals so Discovery Cove, Busch and a visit to the zoo will be her favourites. Also, obsessed with Irish dancing so a trip to Raglan Road again will be on the list.

Flynn AKA Flynnty (5, will be 6 when we go)
Ah, our little man! Just a fab bundle of fun! Mr Happy, goes along with anything (normally helpful when Immy bossing him around!). Loves lego, Disney cars, dinosaurs and anything space related (well wouldn’t you be if your Dad was Neil Armstrong!).

So, back to the 2014 trip……

We were very lucky to go for 3 weeks in October 2011 as part of Neil’s turning 40 birthday celebrations, outlaws very kindly paid for villa so meant we flights and all the other bits to save for which took us 3 years! Had always promised that once we had children we would take them to the House of Mouse but just had not been in a financial position to do it before 2011! Neil and I went in 1998 and Neil proposed in Planet Hollywood in Miami! We went back for honeymoon in 2000, a week in Clearwater and 2 weeks in Orlando and the rest as they say is history……

2011 holiday was fab! Went with Neil’s Mum and Dad. Kids and we all loved it. Loved the freedom and flexibility of staying in a villa. Made us feel like we were living the American dream ;-) So many happy memories from our trip and Neil and I really did enter the post-Disney holiday blues when we got back! So we did what all good people returning from an Orlando holiday do to cheer themselves up…started talking about the next one! Neil and I started talking about when we could back and how we could make a savings plan work…..

Obviously 2012 and 2013 were financially impossible….and helped with my obsession of even number years (don’t ask!) decided on 2014! I have been studying part-time for a BA in Primary Education for the last 3.5 years and finish in February 2014 and with a lot of luck, 10 more assignments, an exam and qts tests to sit in May 2013 should qualify as a teacher! We decided therefore that a holiday in 2014 would do us all good and a nice ending to finishing the studying!

I have always worked part-time since Amelia was 6 months old but went full-time from April 2012 in my last admin role. In December a job at a local primary school was advertised for an HLTA, 3 days direct teaching and the rest supporting Year 5. I got the job and started in January. Am loving it and it means I get all the school holidays off with my 3 and helps with the teaching experience! However, it does mean all our holidays must be during school holidays and that coupled with Amelia going to Secondary meant we had to choose a school holiday and we opted for August 2014! We want to try and go for just over 3 weeks. We know it will be hot and busy but we have to give it a go…

Neil had been researching villas and had fallen in love with Shamu villa at Sunset Lakes. We booked 7th August – 1st September with them last May with only a mere 805 days to go. Very, very excited! Not telling the children, we’re hoping to do a treasure hunt style reveal at Christmas when we will only have 225 days to go! Neil and I have been going out for a meal every 100 days as a way of counting down!

So already done…

Villa booked and deposit paid.
Neil has downloaded American maps to our TomTom (getting our priorities!)

Left to do….

Book flights (our biggest worry at the moment due to prices but thinking of going Aer Lingus via Dublin).
Park tickets
Book Discovery cove
Book Universal hotel for 2 nights.
Book car hire.
Plan the Christmas reveal for kids.
Book cats into cattery.
SAVE!

What we want to do….

Discovery Cove
Day trip to Clearwater – visit Winter the dolphin!
Florida zoo
Baseball game
Neil wants to do gun shooting thingy
Walk round Boardwalk – Kitchen sink ice cream @ Beaches and Cream
Trip to Celebration
Old town
Raglan Road
Eat more meals at other restaurants (didn’t eat out all that much in 2011 trip!)
Crazy golf at Universal
Disney Water parks.

Anyhoo, realised I have waffled on for ages, hopefully for you each installment wont be that long in future (sorry!) so will leave you with a few pics of us and from our 2011 holiday!

Katie xx

Edited at 11:46 PM.
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

Woohoo can't wait to hear more of your plans!
Fab photos and a fab looking family you have there.

We are considering using Aer Lingus when we hopefully go again in 2015 so I'll be interested in how you get in with them and what price you get for August.

Keep the updates coming!

3 Kids hit Disney 2007 Trippie Index

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle - Pre trippie
DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Your children are adorable! Love the pics of the girls dancing

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 13, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeysgirls
Imagineer

mickeysgirls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Katie!

Lovely pre trip report and what gorgeous children! I love the Irish dancing pictures of the girls

Oooh, that countdown will just fly by and you'll be sat by the pool at Shamu Villa before you know it! I hope Norm and Bob are still there when you go, if they are say Hi for me

I look forward to more updates

Tracey x

Jolly good show

I know what we're going to do today... April 2012 Trip Report
View our spectacular Holiday Trailer in my Trip Report Index!
Booked it, Packed it... April 2013 Trip Report
How to avoid the perfect holiday... February 2015

Hyatt LBV 04, SandyRidge 07, SandyRidge 08, Windsor Hills/Clearwater 09, Hayes City '10, Sunset Lakes '12, Wyndham LBV '13, Champions Gate '13, New York & Clearwater '14, Indian Creek '15 AMI '15, Disney Fantasy '15
mickeysgirls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 13, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DizneyBlonde View Post
Woohoo can't wait to hear more of your plans!
Fab photos and a fab looking family you have there.
Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Your children are adorable! Love the pics of the girls dancing
Originally Posted by mickeysgirls View Post
Hi Katie!

Lovely pre trip report and what gorgeous children! I love the Irish dancing pictures of the girls

Oooh, that countdown will just fly by and you'll be sat by the pool at Shamu Villa before you know it! I hope Norm and Bob are still there when you go, if they are say Hi for me
Thanks for your kind words, the kids get there good looks from me and Tracey will say hello to Norm and Bob!

One of the many highlights of our 2011 trip was when the girls got up on stage at Raglan Road!

Cheers

Neil

Edited at 01:41 PM.
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 13, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Well thats was depressing just dropped the father-in-law of at Gatwick airport only to see a Virgin Atlantic plane taking off
Oh well 487 days to go!
Old 6 Apr 13, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Brilliant start I am itching to start my pre trippie but got a wee bit longer to go than you ! Cant wait for more updates !

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 13, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
Brilliant start I am itching to start my pre trippie but got a wee bit longer to go than you ! Cant wait for more updates !
Thanks for reading, I know what you mean 486 days seems a age away! But yours will come down we started are countdown at over 800!
Old 7 Apr 13, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Something I brought my oldest DD yesterday, think my DW is going to get some as well and put them away! Thought some of the female readers might like and male

Old 7 Apr 13, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

My DD picked some of those up a few weeks ago too!

What were you doing mooching in Claire's Neil?

3 Kids hit Disney 2007 Trippie Index

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle - Pre trippie
DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List