Notices

Old 28 Aug 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by fleur_charms View Post
If it does hit Orlando, it's not due until early hours of Monday. The majority of the most recent projections show it moving north and missing Florida. I'm also flying with TC on Saturday.
I'd rather get there on Saturday and have to spend a couple of days in the villa (providing i can stock up on a few items) rather than wait til its all over and then fly out later.
I've got bookings on Sunday and Monday, even if it doesn't hit too bad I expect I'll have to change them
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
I'd rather get there on Saturday and have to spend a couple of days in the villa (providing i can stock up on a few items) rather than wait til its all over and then fly out later.
I've got bookings on Sunday and Monday, even if it doesn't hit too bad I expect I'll have to change them
Yes, I'm hoping the flight on Saturday won't be cancelled. We have a fairly relaxing Sunday planned but then MNSSHP on Monday! Fingers crossed. I think they're also predicting by the time it makes landfall it'll downgrade back to a tropical storm but apparently tomorrow is the day when everything will be more clear.
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

does make me wonder why virgin have put that message out it seems a bit previous
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dot View Post
does make me wonder why virgin have put that message out it seems a bit previous
Good bit of PR I suppose. I just Tweeted TC and they said they're watching closely but don't anticipate any impact on flights over the weekend.
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
So it seems to only be for Orlando. Will keep an eye on things.
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pfgtips60
Gone all Goofy

We are flying out Monday from Manchester but I’m thinking that our flights may be delayed/cancelled due to plane being delayed/cancelled in Orlando. Also I see the storm probably won’t hit until early Monday so it could be Dorian could still be in full swing when we are supposed to land in the afternoon. So I’m surprised that Virgin have cancelled flights for Saturday and Sunday.
Pfgtips60 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Latest on the news is that it will hit mainland USA on Sunday into Monday and anywhere from south Florida to Carolina as a category 2 hurricane. Later today will give more idea where it will land
Old 28 Aug 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
andrew1968
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We're flying out on Sunday morning with TUI from Manchester... 😟.

Has anyone heard anything from TUI?
andrew1968 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BellaBess
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by andrew1968 View Post
We're flying out on Sunday morning with TUI from Manchester... 😟.

Has anyone heard anything from TUI?
We fly out Sunday from east Midlands with TUi and we not heard anything either
BellaBess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
andrew1968
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I wonder if Sanford might be a bit less affected? 🤞
andrew1968 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List