Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Feb 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

ADR date wrong?

Good morning

11am today sees my ADR window open (os so I thought). We arrive at Disney 19th August which I've worked out a million times (and on a couple of Disney planning calculators) as 180 days from today. I've just logged on and noticed I can't book the 18th of August which would suggest my window will open tomorrow? But that will be 179 days?

We are staying for a week and the dates are highlighted blue on the app but obviously can't book until 11am but on the actual website it's still grey. Any ideas please?

Thank you
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

I’m not really being very helpful other than to confirm your calculations are correct. We arrive on 17th August and ours opened 2 days ago.
It was less easy than in previous years and I think that’s as others have mentioned about MDE being temperamental. If you end up having to call them I’d advise that the lines were massively busy at 12 with up to 45 min wait - so be prepared! They are very helpful once you get through though (my daughter accidentally made a reservation for ADR day which we couldn’t cancel as we were within 24 hrs of the booking &#128514
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Minniesmiff View Post
Good morning

11am today sees my ADR window open (os so I thought). We arrive at Disney 19th August which I've worked out a million times (and on a couple of Disney planning calculators) as 180 days from today. I've just logged on and noticed I can't book the 18th of August which would suggest my window will open tomorrow? But that will be 179 days?

We are staying for a week and the dates are highlighted blue on the app but obviously can't book until 11am but on the actual website it's still grey. Any ideas please?

Thank you
Yes I have an idea, it is because it is not 11am yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

Is it because it’s a leap year?
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

No that's really helpful as I've driven myself crazy double checking it! Thank you.
The past two years I've had problems linking a reservation at the Swan and Dolphin- I was looking forward to it been easier this year staying on-site... better the devil you know right!
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Yes I understand I can't make reservations for my date Claudette- but I can't make a reservation for the day before we arrive which is what threw me
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pepsicube View Post
Is it because it’s a leap year?
No it isn’t because it is a leap year. The ADR date for a 19th August arrival is today. But things will not open up until 11am. Not a second before or after.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

I've counted the leap year in and it still comes up as 180! Think I've counted about 10 times lol
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 18th August is available for me to book so I’m not sure why it’s not showing for you. If everything doesn’t open up at 11am try using both the app and the website.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Thanks Claudette- my worry was that at 180 days I should be able to log on now and book for the 18th. My ADR window as we are due to arrive on the 19th should open at 11am today. The 18th wasn't open to me so I was confused as to whether I'd got my dates wrong however...

I have just logged on with my husbands laptop and the 18th is showing as bookable for him now so looks like it's been mega temperamental... wish me luck!