Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Feb 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
wedinflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

wedinflorida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
ROL Dining Package Question

Hi - its out ADR day today and we are hoping to book ROL Package at Tusker House for a late Breakfast. Also Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package. Are these available on the 180+10 or would i need to wait until its 180 days out for the days i require the reservations.

Just wondering if i can't book them today, if it would be best to secure regular reservation today and cancel them if we can get the packages.

Many thanks
wedinflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We have just booked the ROL package at Tusker House for a late breakfast with ROL 1st viewing on 24th August. We’re not booking Mama Melrose, but I imagine that would be the same, and you can book it along with your other ADRs.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
wedinflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

wedinflorida's Reviews
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
We have just booked the ROL package at Tusker House for a late breakfast with ROL 1st viewing on 24th August. We’re not booking Mama Melrose, but I imagine that would be the same, and you can book it along with your other ADRs.
That's brilliant thank you. I understand that it can't be booked through the app, so will have a couple of devices on the go with one logged on to main website MDE. Did you call or do it online at all? My +10 is showing through the app but not the website, so was wondering if that would automatically update at 11am.

Thanks again.
wedinflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wedinflorida View Post
Hi - its out ADR day today and we are hoping to book ROL Package at Tusker House for a late Breakfast. Also Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package. Are these available on the 180+10 or would i need to wait until its 180 days out for the days i require the reservations.

Just wondering if i can't book them today, if it would be best to secure regular reservation today and cancel them if we can get the packages.

Many thanks
You will be able to book them, same as any other ADR. Unfortunately there is a but, the dining packages don’t seem to show up on the app. Some people (like me) can only book in the +10 window in the app, for me it doesn’t open up on the website due to MDE glitches. So if you find the same it won’t be bookable online. You could call though.

There is no need or benefit in making a regular reservation if you cannot get the package. Neither restaurant will be booked up and neither do the dining packages get booked up, I booked Fantasmic the other day and look at my timeline.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We booked it through the website online.

We had all kinds of problems using the website on Safari on the iPad (had to keep logging in for every new restaurant we looked at), and the app wouldn’t work at all for certain restaurants. For us, it was easier on the laptop using Internet Explorer. It seems to work differently for different people, so I’d just have all options available - app and website, with different browsers ready to go.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wedinflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

wedinflorida's Reviews
Mobile

Many thanks everyone. Wasn’t as stress free as I hoped as the app wouldn’t accept my Face ID just as I’d got an 8:25am for BOG on our 2nd morning (which I wasn’t holding out for as there’s 6 of us) it then asked me to reset my password and wouldn’t let me back in the app.

Luckily i was still logged in on our computer and though it had been glitchy all morning it held out whilst I managed to book all our ADRs. It did kick me off the fantastic package, so I decided to leave that till last and try again. A few times had gone that I wanted but still managed to get it 35 mins earlier, which is fine.

Took 3 hours before the app worked again, I didn’t attempt to change my password. So Its very glitchy.

Least I’m all sorted till next week (split booking)

Thanks again 😊
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wedinflorida View Post
Many thanks everyone. Wasn’t as stress free as I hoped as the app wouldn’t accept my Face ID just as I’d got an 8:25am for BOG on our 2nd morning (which I wasn’t holding out for as there’s 6 of us) it then asked me to reset my password and wouldn’t let me back in the app.

Luckily i was still logged in on our computer and though it had been glitchy all morning it held out whilst I managed to book all our ADRs. It did kick me off the fantastic package, so I decided to leave that till last and try again. A few times had gone that I wanted but still managed to get it 35 mins earlier, which is fine.

Took 3 hours before the app worked again, I didn’t attempt to change my password. So Its very glitchy.

Least I’m all sorted till next week (split booking)

Thanks again 😊
Out of nothing but curiosity what does "the app wouldn’t accept my Face ID " mean?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
wedinflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

wedinflorida's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Out of nothing but curiosity what does "the app wouldn’t accept my Face ID " mean?
I have An IPhone X so rather than type in my password every time, on certain websites/mobile banking etc, all I have to do is have the phone near my face for facial recognition. However as MDE was glitchy something went wrong - which has never happened in the past. Just typically happened at 11am, and it wouldn’t let me enter my password manually either.