Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 09, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have just got back as well and I must say I did notice a very big difference from last year. I was shocked at how pavements etc are crumbling and are quite dangerous in places. I actually gave up in MK trying to get autorgraphs it was really bad. No parade in Studios now, in fact not a lot at all in Studios. Rumour maybe opening Toy Story land. We stand in disneyland hotel and even in there, there was not so many characters, they have stopped coming round to the tables at breakfast. The small character train parade did not go round so often as it did last year either. Did not like the change of time of the main parade from 4pm - 5pm.

I did not find one rude cm they were all so pleasant, and helpful, I suppose I was lucky.

Yes the smoking is still really bad, they just do not care.

I think I would go back as it is better than nothing as at the moment there is very little chance of me going back go FL.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Thought u was talking about Florida then. I was gutted. Ah what a shame you didnt enjoy it you will have to go to Florida instead!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
redwoodysoup
Imagineer

redwoodysoup's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We returned from DLP about a month ago. I enjoyed the main park, but thought the studios park was quite poor and seemed to have been built on the cheap as it was small and pokey. We stayed at Sequoia Lodge. It was just ok really, but too basic for my liking as you are paying premium prices. Theming was not good enough especially when you've stayed onsite at WDW. The hotel can't be compared to Wilderness Lodge in WDW. Believe me its poor compared to WL in every respect. I agree about the smoking and about the lack of the typical Disney feeling you get in the US. The staff are pretty miserable and dont tend to meet and greet like they do in the US. I wont be rushing back as it costs a fortune and you can get a Florida holiday for not much more than visiting DLP! The Disney executives need to get a grip on the place and sort out the poor customer service and basic hotel rooms with no atmosphere

Days Inn 1996. Ho Jo Maingate West 1998. Wynfield Inn 1999. All Star Sports 2000. Port Orleans Riverside 2003 2005 2007. Wilderness Lodge 2008, 2009. DLP Sequoia Lodge 2009. Bay Lake Tower 2010 2011 2012
redwoodysoup is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Welcome home!

Sorry your trip wasn't how you hoped.

I also thought once was enough, I really hated the place.
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
stephwa
Imagineer

Ahhh, I'm sorry you didn't have a good time I love Disneyland Paris. Yeah, its no Florida, by any stretch of the imagination. But there's something about it I just love. I've been a few times to DLP when I was younger, but last year was the first time as an adult, and I guess I went not expecting much, and my expectations were surpassed.

Welcome home
DLP 1992 - Davy Crockett Ranch WDW 1994 - Grosvenor WDW 1996 - Travelodge LBW DLP 1997WDW 1998 - Caribbean Beach WDW 2000 - Nikki Bird WDW 2002 - Quality Inn Plaza WDW 2007 - Coronado Springs Resort DLP 2007 - Sequoia Lodge WDW 2009 - Villa and Pop! DLP 2009 - Newport Bay DLP 2010 - New York Hotel WDW 2010 - Pop Century

Upcoming Trips...
WDW October 2011!

stephwa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dunk
Very Serious Dibber

we thought about going a few years ago but all things added up it was cheaper going to florida maybe its because we are from the northeast of scotland and its a very long drive and flights are expensive and the costs when you get there and seems not worth the costs to me but everyone is different and thats what makes life so interesting..
im shure most people love it.

dunk
dunk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by donnakirby View Post
hi just back and most say i really didnt enjoy it.

we used RS transport shared shuttle bus from the airport - which was absolutely fantastic and would highly recommend them - excellent service. we were the only ones on the bus.

newport bay - lovely and clean about a 5 to 10 mins walk to the park - buses were very good and we didnt wait very long for them.

disney park and studios - were very busy - rides broken down - people smoking all over the place - disney characters favoured the french when it came to getting autographs and kept moving about and turning there backs on the children - no photographers anywhere to take your photos - lines for characters terrible.

princess lunch - was nice but characters very slow at coming round and menu choice - very limited.

innoventions character meal - was a nice buffet - good selection of characters but again very slow at coming round.

cafe mickey - extremely busy - and in my opinion the worst of the above - plenty of characters but so slow at coming round - staff quite rude.

i have been to disney paris 3 times now and the last time was 2006 - in my opinion i think it has gone down hill - very run down in places - staff quite rude in a few places - it doesnt have the magic or the sparkle of disney.

i think once you have been to florida - its the real thing - very magical and special and the staff are really genuine.

all the above is my own personal experience over the half term and my personal opinion.

would i go to disney paris again - no - it just didnt do anything for me at all - i hope i havent offended anyone with my views and thoughts.

thanks for reading.
we felt the same when we done dlp and that was in 2000, said then i wouldnt go back but we had discussed it and thought of going during the school october week but if things are still as bad i dont think id want to go again.

much prefer going over the big pond
Old 22 Feb 09, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

hi sorry to hear you did'nt have a very good time. we went for the first time in september 08,and i was not very impressed, the smoking thing annoys me although i am a smoker i always use the smokezone,i got very annoyed with a french man smoking in the que to tot he was blowing smoke all over me and the kids,when i flapped my hands around to remove the smoke from my childrens faces he just smerked and turned his back on me, :angry: i must say we did'nt find any problems with characters we had our photo's taken with quite a few, i also found it very expensive, seens it was ment to be a cheap holiday before we went to florida this year, we will give it another go though as we went with 2 other large famillies there were 7 adults and 20 children between us lets just say my children are not perfect but they know when to behave,unlike some of my friends, so we will be going on our own next time so we are hoping to have a less stressfull time,
Old 22 Feb 09, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
houseofmouse
Apprentice Imagineer

You havn't offended me! I am glad for the honest review, and it just confirms my decision in going back to florida rather than euro disney this year. By the time you have priced it up its just too expensive when you can get back to florida for a little more, and the characters aren't singing and talking in french! sorry if that offended anyone!
Old 22 Feb 09, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Potts
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
I have also just returned from DLP, we stayed in the Newport Bay Hotel and we were not impressed at all,

I totally agree with the smoking and the scrabble to meet the charactures as for the rides most of them were not working (ok slight exageration) we were on a couple when they broke down, I will not be going again.

I found it very expensive 2.60 euro for a very small bottle of water.

My sister came with me and she said that there was no 'magic' like she expected we could have been in any theme park.

Tina

Elle's 21st August 2019
Tina, Nigel & Elle
Mrs Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread