Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DaveWitham
Earning My Ears

Mobile About to book for first time!

First time poster, I'm about to book out first ever family holiday abroad to Orlando. It's a little nerve wracking but very exciting.

I was just wondering what people think of our quite, it seems pretty good to me and rather than wait for a couple more quotes to come back we think we are going to take the plunge.

It's with Thomas cook and for wife and I as well as x3 Daughers 14,10 and 7, going August 24th-september 7th 2018, staying at Caribbean beach(I'm aware of works and happy to risk it) direct flights from Gatwick, QSDP, and Disney tickets 14 for 7 deal plus Disney gift card for £7,714. Car is also included but we won't be using it as neither of us drive. Does that sound a good deal?

I've heard some horror stories about next years prices and was happy with this one.

Any advice much appreciated

Dave
DaveWitham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I can't help you on prices but welcome to the DIBB.
CB is a lovely resort, you will all have a ball.
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

I personally would be happy with that price. But just curious did you quote up POR or POFQ?
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Welcome to the Dibb, lots of friendly advice on here.

That seems a good price for 5 people especially as you have a 14 year old (so adult price). We have fly/drive with Virgin for next year and we are not picking car up either as we will use Magical express.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like a good price for 5 people to me.

We don't get the car either as we get the magical express to/from the airport and just stay on site for the whole 2 weeks using disney transport - we always take the car off and that saved us another £30 with Virgin next year. If you're sure you won't want it you might be able to do the same?

Caribbean Beach is a beautiful resort, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DaveWitham
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Thanks folks, I've lurked here for quite a while and the friendliness and help is always apparent.

Think I'll be quite active on here for the next 18 months 😂

Yes pixie we did look and it was slightly more but the kids chose CBR after endlessly touring through the guide videos on YouTube.

Original choice was AKL but after the quote for that for next year brought out a light sweat 😅
DaveWitham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

We booked Caribbean Beach Resort for this May in April last year. For 2 weeks (including everything you mentioned above) for 2 adults it cost us £4000, so with the normal yearly increased with the added factor of the decline in the £/$ and the fact you have an extra 3 people, I definitely think that is a good price!
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think that's a pretty good price for 5 of you .
Welcome and happy planning
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ryanlaur
Very Serious Dibber

We have booked DIY for our last few trips to Florida. We have just booked again over the weekend but decided to book a Thomas cook package holiday. There was a discount that was being applied for Florida holidays online which made the price really competitive. We couldn't get DIY using indirect flights to come out any cheaper.

As we also needed a flight for our son (he is joining us although flying out on a later date but flying home on the same flight as ourselves) we had also priced up a Thomas Cook flight online too. We therefore further enquired in store at Thomas Cook and they applied a further discount to the whole booking. We managed to get it £50 cheaper than if we had booked the package holiday and flight online.

So just a suggestion if the price you have been quoted is an online price, you may possibly manage to get a further discount in store if you were to ask!
ryanlaur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
brownju
Proud to wear my Ears

I think that is a good price for 5 people too. Happy planning
Animal Kingdom Lodge, WDW, August 2017
brownju is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List