Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jan 22, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ultraviolet
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Brightongirl View Post
I’m having the same dilemma; got 9 nights booked at Dolphin and it was cheaper than Pop. I’m swaying to sticking with it as we have teenagers who will enjoy the more ‘grown up’ vibe, being walking distance to a couple of parks plus the extra evening hours at MK and Epcot are a nice bonus too. I’m hoping the reviews improve over the next few months; I will keep monitoring! 😊
It's difficult isn't it? We've stayed at Pop a number of times and it's lovely, but the location of the Dolphin is really good for Epcot, HS and the Boardwalk. I'm also going to keep an eye on the reviews I think, at least until the full balance is due!

I've also been looking at the two Hilton's at Disney Springs, as they are also in a good location for different food options, they are both £500 cheaper than the Dolphin which should be plenty for Uber/Lyfts if we don't use their shuttles and I'd also get a food/drink credit each day and a potential room upgrade (if there's one available!). I know I'd lose the evening hours but we would with Pop too... My head is spinning!

Aug 23 RPR
Oct 22 ES Dockside RPR / Apr 2022 PBH POFQ
Aug 21 Disney Magic / Aug 19 Pop BCV HRH Bakers Cay
Aug 18 Pop RPR Playa Largo / Aug 17 Pop Solterra RPR Playa Largo Atlanta
Aug 16 AoA RPR Windsor Hills Hyatt@Coconut Point Hilton@Key Largo Atlanta
Aug 15 Mondrian@Miami Hilton@Key Largo Legacy Park & Atlanta
Aug 14 Watersong PBH & Andaz@NYC / Apr 13 Hyatt@Clearwater & Floridays
Dec 11 Floridays & RPR / Dec 10 LBV Palace & RPR / Jun 08 Hilton@WDW & RPR
Ultraviolet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

I was all up for booking the swan last week until I looked at the reviews and thought I’d hold off. Leaning back towards Caribbean Beach instead now
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Brightongirl
A Guest at All-Stars

I’m terrible for continuing to research options after I’ve booked! If we move I suspect it will be to a Disney Spring’s hotel. Fingers crossed they sort out the staffing issues and the reviews start to pick up soon!
Brightongirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ultraviolet
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
I was all up for booking the swan last week until I looked at the reviews and thought I’d hold off. Leaning back towards Caribbean Beach instead now
Oh are the reviews for the Swan not great either? I didn't look at those as it wasn't available for my dates but I guess it makes sense they were similar. I wish I'd waited too now CB wasn't available for my dates, although POR is just over £100 more than I've paid for the Dolphin but it looks like such a big resort I was worried it would be too big without having a car with the multiple bus stops...

Originally Posted by Brightongirl View Post
I’m terrible for continuing to research options after I’ve booked! If we move I suspect it will be to a Disney Spring’s hotel. Fingers crossed they sort out the staffing issues and the reviews start to pick up soon!
I probably should have looked at the reviews first! But I've stayed at Crescent Lake and I looked at a few videos on YouTube first and it looked good. I'm still so unsure what to do and have been looking at DS hotels too. I've stayed at both the Buena Vista Palace and the Hilton Buena Vista but it was years ago and well before Covid so I have no idea what they are like now.

I just don't like the feeling I have at the moment thinking I might have made the wrong decision and want to be looking forward to the holiday, not worrying about the hotel.

Aug 23 RPR
Ultraviolet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Don't get too hung up on reviews at the moment. If you look at every hotel around the WDW area, they all have people on there moaning about service, housekeeping etc.

Just to put it in context, for every moaning review on TA, there will have been a few hundred other people who stayed at the same time and really enjoyed their stay.

Swan/Dolphin are long established resorts in a fantastic location and ultimately, it is the convenience and benefits of that location that you have chosen.

Given how little time you will spend in your room anyway, just look forward to checking in, dumping your cases and then walking out of the door to appreciate that you are staying only a few minutes walk from EPCOT plus all the other Boardwalk facilities.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

I'm sorry to say this but I'm only posting because you're already having doubts. We stayed at the Dolphin in November just past, having stayed in Royal Pacific Resort the week before that. We checked out of the Dolphin two days early and moved to Margaritaville. We've never in all our travels asked to move room or leave a hotel early, but the Dolphin ticked both boxes in one go. To be blunt, it was gross.

If you've seen photos of trash bags in the hallways, that was our first impression. Our first room was unexcusably dirty. We complained and were moved to a second room which admitedly was cleaner, but still not great. Each day we bagged our rubbish and disposed of it in bins in the lobby.

The contrast to our experience at RPR was night and day. RPR ran like it was pre-pandemic. The Dolphin was clearly suffering from staffing issues.

Like someone said before, we were maybe unlucky and if we'd possibly got the second room the first time things might have been better, and if we hadn't been elsewhere before, but the other issues were hard to ignore and it was really putting a dampner or the last half of our trip. So we took advantage of a promotion Margaritaville was running and moved there for the last two nights. Thankfully, the Dolphin refunded the resort fee without much of a fight which paid for the move. However we lost the money paid to BA for that portion, understandably.

The huge positive is it was great for walking to Epcot/Hollywood Studios, but that's no secret.

Edited at 12:12 AM.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

i was having the same dilemma as you and ended up booking Port Orleans, i also read the reviews and decided that we also wouldn't be able to charge our magic bands to the room or be dropped off directly at MK as the Disney buses do..also no bounty platters hahaha ... Its so difficult isn't it,trying to make the right choice?..knowing me i will probably change another ten times!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Ultraviolet
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
I'm sorry to say this but I'm only posting because you're already having doubts. We stayed at the Dolphin in November just past, having stayed in Royal Pacific Resort the week before that. We checked out of the Dolphin two days early and moved to Margaritaville. We've never in all our travels asked to move room or leave a hotel early, but the Dolphin ticked both boxes in one go. To be blunt, it was gross.

If you've seen photos of trash bags in the hallways, that was our first impression. Our first room was unexcusably dirty. We complained and were moved to a second room which admitedly was cleaner, but still not great. Each day we bagged our rubbish and disposed of it in bins in the lobby.

The contrast to our experience at RPR was night and day. RPR ran like it was pre-pandemic. The Dolphin was clearly suffering from staffing issues.

Like someone said before, we were maybe unlucky and if we'd possibly got the second room the first time things might have been better, and if we hadn't been elsewhere before, but the other issues were hard to ignore and it was really putting a dampner or the last half of our trip. So we took advantage of a promotion Margaritaville was running and moved there for the last two nights. Thankfully, the Dolphin refunded the resort fee without much of a fight which paid for the move. However we lost the money paid to BA for that portion, understandably.

The huge positive is it was great for walking to Epcot/Hollywood Studios, but that's no secret.
Thank you. We're also staying planning on staying at Universal first. DH suggested if it's really bad we'd just check out but I'd rather not have to.

I booked for the location and it looks great (certainly does on YouTube!). But now I feel like it's stopping me getting excited and planning at the moment.

Aug 23 RPR
Old 25 Jan 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello all,

I a starting to do research for a trip in 2023. I have been looking at the swan possibly. Its complicated. I was planning a solo trip and so was looking at a Disney Springs hotel. I was thinking the Wyndham but my mother is looking to join me for the last 10 days and is really wanting to stay at the Swan. I cant be 100% sure about this but when I priced it via Virgin holidays I dont think you pay a resort fee if you book via them!

I also priced the B resort via Disney (had to look at this years dates just to get an idea) I have stayed at the B resort a number of times and really liked it. The reason I mention this is because when I priced the B resort with Disney it gave the amount I would be paying in resort fees so maybe you dont pay resort fees for the Dolphin if you book via Disney.

I absolutely get how confusing it can looking into all the hotels. Last week I was trying to research a 21 day solo trip AND a 11 day solo trip then 10 nights with another person joining me! My head was melting. I am looking at a split stay so was looking at so many different options! lol.

Claire x
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We stayed at the Dolphin for 3 nights at the end of December. Our room was clean, bed was comfy and our room was suprisingly quiet given the hotel was at capacity.

As we were only there for a short time, the lack of housekeeping was not really an issue but there were only 2 of us. We were able to request towels, toiletries, etc easily from housekeeping.

The location is also great as others have said.

However, the foyer/reception area is always very chaotic and noisy. Not my bag at all. Very long queue for check in and check out and yes the resort fee has to be added!

Also, unlike Disney, disappointingly many guests also not abiding by mask wearing indoors and no enforcement as far as I could see. Signs up but that was it. We had to wait for another lift a couple of times when non mask wearers already in there!

We also had a disastrous New Year's Eve meal at Shula's, so I would not recommend that. It may be better at other times as this was a fixed price menu on a busy evening, albeit a very expensive one.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List