Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 24 Jan 22, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Loved it, can't wait for the next episode
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Didn't really enjoy it at all, will see what next week is like but found it quite slow.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
So so for me. Dialogue between them was awful. You could see what was coming 10 minutes in. Still enough to keep me watching though..
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
So so for me. Dialogue between them was awful. You could see what was coming 10 minutes in. Still enough to keep me watching though..
Agree with this, it was a very unnatural forced banter between Lana and Nut, something just wasn't gelling, even the dialogue between Lana and her partner/ boyfriend just didn't work well, it felt like the acting was dire yet these are good actors 🤷
Storyline was good though, the tension etc, just hope it improves next episode.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Found it unbelievable to be honest. Making silly errors when they are supposed to be ‘bomb’ experts. Taking protective clothing off and putting themselves in danger. Just wouldn’t happen. I know it’s a tv drama but there should be a degree of realism. It’s too much like typecasting for the main female actress. She might have come straight off line of duty filming. You could just tell the male character was going to be injured/killed right from the beginning.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
It reminded me a bit of The Bodyguard. I did not realise how gripped I was until the van exploded and both mum and I jumped and yelled!

Think this is a series I will continue to watch.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Found it unbelievable to be honest. Making silly errors when they are supposed to be ‘bomb’ experts. Taking protective clothing off and putting themselves in danger. Just wouldn’t happen. I know it’s a tv drama but there should be a degree of realism. It’s too much like typecasting for the main female actress. She might have come straight off line of duty filming. You could just tell the male character was going to be injured/killed right from the beginning.
Agree with this and the rubbish "banter"
Im not s bomb disposal expert 😃 but don't think I'd be putting on a light switch while checking out a possible bomb!
Then the Police say "just one more vehicle to plate check"
"Ok take the corden down and let all the public walk past it while I give it a check" ?
Got to be some realism
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I was really looking forward to it but honestly, it was drivel. Like others, I expect poetic licence for a drama series, but really ... light switches, taking off PPE?

Sorry, but either their EOD advisor needs sacking, or the writer should start taking note of what they're being advised.

As soon as the guy looked at his phone screen with a family pic on it, his hours were numbered. (Sorry don't remember his name, but good actor wasted)!
Old 26 Jan 22, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My friend loved it,

I thought it was too predicatable... it was clear all along what was going to happen!

The light switch, the removal of the cordon etc...
And dont get me started on that scene at the end when she is crawling on the floor !
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 22, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We're sticking with it but so far not particularly impressed...very predictable... I'd kind of hope a bomb disposal expert wouldn't switch on a light in an area containing explosives

Equally, I'm not impressed with the acting..nothing gelling between actors they don't seem to spark off each other
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List