Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jan 22, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Mobile

The benefits of having a downstairs loo when you’re toilet training small children can’t be beaten!
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
The benefits of having a downstairs loo when you’re toilet training small children can’t be beaten!
And the same is true when you are getting older!
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Friend uses her downstairs toilet as a cupboard, hoover, ironing board, cleaning products etc. The toilet is still there but you can't get near it .
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I'd find it annoying but not that odd, it wouldn't put me off a house.
It's like when you view a house and they have ripped out the full bathroom to install a 'wet room' (not for disabled purposes, just because they think it is fancy). Deal breaker right there!
I LOVE my wet room. So much easier than a shower cubicle and can clean it in seconds - no corners to deal with. It's not just a fashion
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
It's like when you view a house and they have ripped out the full bathroom to install a 'wet room' (not for disabled purposes, just because they think it is fancy). Deal breaker right there!
I detest wet rooms, and always have to add the cost of a new bathroom immediately. This has always made the house not cost effective for me.

In our current house it has gone back and to over the years.

1929 when built - door from living room direct to kitchen, as well as around via the dining room

Owners 2, blocked off the door and built a wet room in part of the kitchen as had a disabled person living there

Owners 3, removed wet room, made the kitchen longer

Owners 4 (us). Ripped out kitchen, made downstairs toilet, utility room and pantry, made dining room into kitchen diner. Adding my toilet was apparently easy as water and waste pipes were still there
Old 24 Jan 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me but I would revert for sure and knock a couple of grand off my offer to make good. But like all fashions it comes and goes and I haven't seen any for a while now (thankfully)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

It's kind of creepy, maybe they locked someone in there like you see on those creepy films 🤔😆
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
It's kind of creepy, maybe they locked someone in there like you see on those creepy films 🤔😆
Trust you!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
The people before us did this with out house. The listed the house (but then didn't sell it) 3 years before & on that listing there was a downstairs WC. Then when we bought the house it was gone & a shoe cupboard was built in.

We ripped the built in out & re did the downstairs toilet. Not sure why they did it but it was very easy to put back.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemouse
Looking for Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Actually that was my first thought. Maybe I watch too many horror films.