Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 07, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lady
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by debs1505 View Post
Give me Universals fast pass system any time over Disney's!
I have to agree, i LOVE Disney but the fastpass is rubbish when its busy. My kids wanted to go on Space Mountain which always had a hugh line and the fastpasses were always 3-4hrs away. This wasn't really much good as by 3-4 hrs of constant queing elsewhere(generally 60-70 mins per ride) they were too tired to go back around. If you went in the evening the FP was usually closed as there were all gone by 6 or 7. I agree you should get more than 1 ride per attraction at universal but my kids like every ride at IOA so we didn't have time to go back round anyway. I still prefer Disney parks but they should try and improve the FP if possible.
Lady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 07, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
spoony
Apprentice Imagineer

spoony's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kcanderson View Post
Very well put
Unfortunately for us we have to work very hard and save hard ,we save to stay on site for a couple of days of our hols "our choice"
here,s a thought tho all the upper and prem seats been taken out and every one having equal room on their flight
I'm not saying throughout life everyone will be equal just that when I go to Disney its nice that I am equal.
To take the argument to flights or hotels is just pointless. Sitting in Economy or Prem Economy I will get there just as fast as Upper Class passengers (and yes their baggage does get off slightly faster but it doesn't make that much difference).
spoony is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 07, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by spoony View Post
However, I will be equal to everyone when I enter a Disney park, no-one has a better opportunity to get fast passes (unless then run fast)

When in Universal if I don't stay on site or buy an express pass I will be a third class visitor, I can pay extra and boost myself to second class as I saved originally on my entrance but I can't see myself staying on site instead of my Villa so I will always be inferior to someone. I just want to be equal and would pay more initially for that but can't.
What about when Disney ask you leave the park for the EMH that is available for onsite guests only?
Old 24 Jul 07, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
spoony
Apprentice Imagineer

spoony's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by debs1505 View Post
What about when Disney ask you leave the park for the EMH that is available for onsite guests only?
Thats fine no fastpasses are given out in morning EMHs if they were it would be an issue and unfair.
I still have plenty of time in the park even taking out EMH but am unlikely to go in an EMH park anyway just by choice to avoid crowds much in the same way I would avoid weekends at Universal.
spoony is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 07, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kcanderson
Imagineer

[QUOTE=spoony;1636329]I'm not saying throughout life everyone will be equal just that when I go to Disney its nice that I am equal.
To take the argument to flights or hotels is just pointless. Sitting in Economy or Prem Economy I will get there just as fast as Upper Class passengers (and yes their baggage does get off slightly faster but it doesn't make that much difference).[/QU

In actual fact the principal of your point i agree with ,but to take it into real life is not realistic at the end of the day ..you pay your money you takes your choice ..
kcanderson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 07, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

i would say theyre are a waste of money...iv just come back from florida, and the queue times were not too bad! at ioa, the hulk is long till the end of the day, so save that till last. we managed only a 30min wait and could go on it twice again with slightly shorter queue times. if you go with youre family, its A LOT of money!

in us, despite lots of rain, the park was still busy. to get away from the rain we queued for men in black for 45mins, and the rest of the queues were not too bad!

i thinks its rediculous that you have to pay for the fastpasses, disney has got it spot on with how they operate them!

if you have not purchased the universal fastpasses, let me know how you found the 'standby' queues...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 07, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post

We are just back too and had fast passes for both IOA and US. I picked the days before hand when they were the cheapest (4th July oddly enough at IOA and 10th July and US), did the print at home tickets and believe me they were a godsend.

We took the mickey ( ) a little though as there were in fact 7 of us (although this included 5 year old and in-laws) so they would not going to go on the big rides. So we only bought 4 fast passes.

We still managed to share these around between all 7 and go on the rides more than once. Even if they did note on the ticket we had been on the ride you go on again and although they did comment they still let us on !

It's open to mega abuse until they get automatic systems that you have to put a card in? And really all they looked at was the date on the fastpass ! We had girls going through on boys tickets too !

Longest wait was 5 minutes (spiderman) and there is no way I would attempt either park without an express pass. Some queues were 90 mins ! Madness.
Old 7 Aug 07, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post

we arrived back Sunday, we stayed on site at Universal , and would recommend it to anyone going to U.S and IOA.
If planning going to the parks do it from Mon to Thursday, as the Floridans seemed to pack the hotels and parks at the weekends.
Our hotel pool was quite empty during the week until the weekend when it got packed and this seemed to be at all the hotels, then the queues at the parks where longer
Old 8 Aug 07, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
rp811
Excited about Disney

Hav 2 agree with rpbert1, we stayed overnight @ HRH last year & FOTL was worth every penny , worked out cheaper to stay with FOTL on day you check in & out . Liked it so much that we booked in for a second night for DS 9th birthday
rp811 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 07, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
There are five of us for always far too expensive for us to think about staying on site.

There are pros and cons to these passes. It is certainly true that if you get there early, you can usually ride all the big rides without queuing for too long but if you plan to stay in the parks all day, these passes are great. I am not sure they are particularly good value for money, particularly when Universal change the prices from day to day.

It all comes down to whether you are willing to spend your money on these or want to save them for something else.

The worst waiting time I saw was 90 mins for the Hulk. How anyone was prepared to stay in that queue in the heat and humidity of early afternoon is beyond me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread