Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Mar 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Thanks L2P. Can you get one of their milkshakes with a QS credit?
Yes you can. In fact you can even get the alcoholic ones! This was one of the few meals I photographed so it will be coming up in my trip report.

And use mobile ordering, you'll save a huge queue!
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The original post has now been updated with 2020 DDP prices. I'll update with upgrade costs if and when free dining is released.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Keeping my fingers crossed for free dining This is a brilliant thread with lots of useful information - thank you!
One question - can you use a TS credit in a QS restaurant to get a dessert with your entrée?
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
One question - can you use a TS credit in a QS restaurant to get a dessert with your entrée?
No, unfortunately you would just get the same as you normally do for a QS credit if you use a TS in a QS location. So it's really bad value to do that. But if you get it free I guess it's your call ☺
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mermaidhair View Post
No, unfortunately you would just get the same as you normally do for a QS credit if you use a TS in a QS location. So it's really bad value to do that. But if you get it free I guess it's your call ☺
Thank you. Have a lovely colourful spreadsheet done with all our options for the moderates and the lower priced deluxes. Will wait and see what April brings.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
FixItFelix
Proud to wear my Ears

Really appreciate such an in depth look at the Dining Plan, it's made planning so much easier.
I do have a few questions which I don't think have been asked/answered yet but please forgive me if they have

We will have 2 rooms on the DDP with Adults in both rooms. The party are new to Disney except me so want me to take care of all reservations/fast passes etc so firstly I'm assuming I can link both bookings and make plans under 1 MDE account?
My main question is linking a credit card... can we link 2 credit cards (1 per room) rather than me having the worry of mine being possibly charged on both rooms? An adult in the second room is happy to scan their band with their own pin (if this is possible once the bookings are linked)

Lastly can we use the $200 gift card toward the tips? I believe I read somewhere that anything charged to the room over $100 would be charged to your credit card so I'm assuming to avoid this you would need to clear you balance every few days?

Sorry for the barrage of questions and hopefully some of you will have the answers I need
FixItFelix is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ROL1983
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hope you don’t mind me asking a Dinng Plan question on this thread, and apologises if it’s been answered already.
Does anyone know what the cost will be to upgrade from the free breakfast to the QSDP?
Thanks.
ROL1983 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ROL1983 View Post
Hope you don’t mind me asking a Dinng Plan question on this thread, and apologises if it’s been answered already.
Does anyone know what the cost will be to upgrade from the free breakfast to the QSDP?
Thanks.
We won't know for definite until release, as breakfast doesn't show until then. However, as a guide, last year's prices were:
Free breakfast to QSDP - Adult (10+) £25, Child £10 (3-9) per person per night
Free breakfast to DDP - Adult (10+) £42, Child (3-9) £13 per person per night

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ROL1983
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We won't know for definite until release, as breakfast doesn't show until then. However, as a guide, last year's prices were:
Free breakfast to QSDP - Adult (10+) £25, Child £10 (3-9) per person per night
Free breakfast to DDP - Adult (10+) £42, Child (3-9) £13 per person per night
Thanks again Loves2plan! 👍
ROL1983 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
soarintothemax
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by FixItFelix View Post
Really appreciate such an in depth look at the Dining Plan, it's made planning so much easier.
I do have a few questions which I don't think have been asked/answered yet but please forgive me if they have

We will have 2 rooms on the DDP with Adults in both rooms. The party are new to Disney except me so want me to take care of all reservations/fast passes etc so firstly I'm assuming I can link both bookings and make plans under 1 MDE account?
My main question is linking a credit card... can we link 2 credit cards (1 per room) rather than me having the worry of mine being possibly charged on both rooms? An adult in the second room is happy to scan their band with their own pin (if this is possible once the bookings are linked)

Lastly can we use the $200 gift card toward the tips? I believe I read somewhere that anything charged to the room over $100 would be charged to your credit card so I'm assuming to avoid this you would need to clear you balance every few days?

Sorry for the barrage of questions and hopefully some of you will have the answers I need
Hi there
The answer is yes you can have a credit card attached to
each room, they organise this at check in, and each 'room' sets their own pin and card.
If you booked as one booking you will all be on My Disney experience together, otherwise you can link the bookings. You will be able to put your reference in the site around 9 months ahead ( and choose your magic band colours
-yay!)
Depending who you booked with you will either collect your $200 voucher, which is a gift card, at World of Disney in Disney springs or at the virgin desk at Mco. You can then use it in restaurants to pay the tip or pay off your bill at the hotel desk. We plan to pay off the hotel bill every few days in the way you describe.
When you sit down to eat at table service just tell the server you need two checks (bills) and each party will be charged their DDP and their tips separately. I believe My Disney Experience now shows the hotel bill and the dining credits left ( once you are at the resort).
Hope that helps!
soarintothemax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List