Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Mar 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Sky...Update!

I’m trying to sort out my mother in laws sky account out
She is paying £95.50 a month 😳
To me this is scandalous she is 87 and is out of contract with them so the payments have been rumbling on and now she’s had a letter to say it will go up by another £6 !
I’m not up on sky as we don’t have it in our own household..
So I have phoned sky and after 30 mins on hold I finally got through
They first reduced it down to £86 I said it’s not good enough so then he came back with £79 and that was final offer, I said I will phone back on Monday to either tell them she’s leaving or if they can lower it more.
Thing is she is used to how sky works so changing her to say bt might be too complicated?
She has sky package - tv broadband and phone
She has box set and films?
Anyway I thought around £40 would be acceptable
What do all those if you that have sky think about the amount she’s paying per month? And are there any tips to sort this out for when I phone back tomorrow

Edited at 04:05 PM.
Sunset girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sieborg
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

I pay £86 for the same package as your MIL but when my contract time is up I will be ringing to negotiate. £40 is way too low though for what she gets and I don’t know anyone who would get all that for that price.
sieborg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola-disney15
Excited about Disney

Cancel it, you have 31 days before they actually switch it off and in that time they will send you some good offers. That's what I just did, was paying £24 a month for sky tv (entertainment only) and they were putting it up to about £45 at the end of the month as my introductory offer was ending. I cancelled and was sent a re-join offer 2 weeks later which I accepted and am now paying just £17 a month
nicola-disney15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sieborg
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Originally Posted by nicola-disney15 View Post
Cancel it, you have 31 days before they actually switch it off and in that time they will send you some good offers. That's what I just did, was paying £24 a month for sky tv (entertainment only) and they were putting it up to about £45 at the end of the month as my introductory offer was ending. I cancelled and was sent a re-join offer 2 weeks later which I accepted and am now paying just £17 a month
I presume that price is not including broadband and telephone line rental and calls.
sieborg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Does she have movies? Sports? As this will effect the price. I was paying about £90 a month for sky broadband, telephone and tv including sports and cinema and box sets. I’ve recently changed to sky q and taken sports off and can’t remember off the top of my head how much I’m paying but I know it’s a lot more than £40.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Personally I would not change-having changed to BT and regretted it. Then changing to Virgin a few years later and now awaiting my contract to run out so I can rejoin Sky. Sky are a very successful Business and they do increase prices as do every other TV firm such as Virgin and BT.
IMO, Sky have a much smoother system and their TV guide is brilliant. As an 87 year old, I know I couldn’t be done with changing systems!
As for £40, that does seem low to me, fair play if you can get it but if she has Movies and does has phone, broadband etc- would have thought £60 was doable?
She lucky to have you keeping an eye out for her, hope you get sorted 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Does she watch both the boxsets and films? That's where there's the opportunity to save if you want to get it lower.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

We have sky tv but our broadband and phone is plusnet so cant help with prices for that sorry. I have just phoned this week as I hadn’t noticed that our deal had ended and we are now paying £93 per month for tv only! They offered me basic entertainment package £23, add on box sets £5, add on films £11 and our multiroom is £13 so £52 total. Said that was the best they could do and we would be tied in for 18 months which didn’t suit me. I didn’t do anything and will phone back next week to see if I can get a better price for films. The best deal we got was when I actually formally cancelled as we were signing up with Virgin then virgin realised there was no cabling in our street (I know you think they would know!). We went back to Sky and got a great deal but that was the circumstances at the time. I would call and get them to break it all down, start with the basic package and add on each choice you want. You might get a better deal fingers crossed. For broadband and phone again check what she’s paying for as she won’t need super fast that is designed for multiple devices streaming all at once etc. I think they oversell when probably something more basic would do. Good luck!
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

The basic package for TV is about £22 then add in £30 for phone and internet .

If she wants box sets, films etc then they are added on but you need to know what she watches. Find out what she actually watches and uses
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

We had the same problem with DW's Father he was paying about £79 a month for just TV with sports HD etc but wouldn't let us near dealing with it. After we had reduced his house insurance and phone bills to half he was paying he let DW talk to Sky. She managed to get it down to about £45.