Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Jun 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If you arrive at the parking lot at 10:30 on any busy day
,the queues will already be huge, never mind when it reopens after being closed for weeks.
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Compared to the passholder preview in that video, crowds have been super low since they reopened to the public on Friday.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Compared to the UK, Florida is doing very well and they are moving to phase 2 next week which means restaurants can open at full capacity.
Sadly, the number of coronavirus cases are increasing the Florida.

edition.cnn/2020/06/08/h...ate/index.html

Opening up theme parks and restaurants will probably lead to an increase in those numbers.

Anyway, this thread wasn't meant to be a debate over whether Florida is doing very well or not. This was a thread to inform people what the parks could be like. I have seen other videos showing things weren't so bad. But, still, it's not like the parks are empty.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:09 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Jokeybhoy View Post
If you arrive at the parking lot at 10:30 on any busy day
,the queues will already be huge, never mind when it reopens after being closed for weeks.
Well, erm, yes. Many people do arrive at 10:30 on busy days. That time wouldn't be busy if lots of people didn't arrive at that time. It is busy (ish).

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Those that went have no reported any issues with social distancing. Again I think this is poor media or scaremongering.
I'm not sure what you mean? This video literally reported issues with social distancing on that day. I've seen other reports of issues with social distancing.

Now, you might argue that this video was edited so as to show all the bad stuff. Maybe so. But it still means that some of the time there were social distancing issues.

BTW, I should point out that clearly the people filming this have no issues with lack of social distancing. They chose to go to a busy theme park and film the crowds in there. They weren't following social distancing rules. They were just letting those who might have an issue know.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
My personal opinion, and it won't be shared by everyone is that we just need to get back to normal, with a sensible hand washing ( which people should have been doing to be honest) Just like seasonal flu this is not going away. There might be a vaccine like flu, but there will always be cases and as with flu, sadly some people die. There was one year in the UK 14/15 had 28000 flu related deaths and 17/18 was 26000 deaths.

The current social distance advice will be reduced shortly etc Im happy to wear a mask as it will keep things like noravirus low as that's awful but I'm more than happy to enter at my own risk. I think one has to accept if you go to a theme park, you can't distance yourself and people should stop reporting that its not happening.
Old 17 Jun 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
My personal opinion, and it won't be shared by everyone is that we just need to get back to normal, with a sensible hand washing ( which people should have been doing to be honest) Just like seasonal flu this is not going away. There might be a vaccine like flu, but there will always be cases and as with flu, sadly some people die. There was one year in the UK 14/15 had 28000 flu related deaths and 17/18 was 26000 deaths.

The current social distance advice will be reduced shortly etc Im happy to wear a mask as it will keep things like noravirus low as that's awful but I'm more than happy to enter at my own risk. I think one has to accept if you go to a theme park, you can't distance yourself and people should stop reporting that its not happening.
I think we are twins separated at birth 😀
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

I think one has to accept if you go to a theme park, you can't distance yourself and people should stop reporting that its not happening.
So you don't mind exposing the theme park workers to Covid?
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

In some ways I agree with you. But COVID-19 kills a lot more people than flu.

Whereas all the various strains of flu kill around 20K to 40K a year in the UK with no lockdown in place, COVID-19 killed over 40K in 3 months with a lockdown in place. Without the lockdown, the number of deaths would’ve been much higher than it is now. And the only way the NHS coped during that time was by turning the majority of their hospitals over to treating COVID patients (my wife works in a hospital and they’ve done none of the regular treatments since mid-March).

Now, sure, if things stay as they are (or get better) then we should be fine. We can reduce restrictions and start to carry on more like normal - albeit wearing masks, washing our hands, not gathering in large groups, etc. But, right now, we don’t know how things will go. Will easing restrictions cause the number of COVID cases to increase? Will the virus turn out to be seasonal like some other coronaviruses?

If COVID-19 had been like the flu in terms of how many it affected, then we would’ve treated it like flu and just carried on as normal right from the start. But it isn’t.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~