Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Mar 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

No posting any piccies of me or my family on here or anywhere else. I can’t see why others would be interested in seeing my ugly face, or the rest of my family’s lovely faces.

I remember our family was looking for ideas for the parks so we fired up some trip reports. One report had an older teen girl in a few shots with her family, all innocent. I then hear my lads going “ check her out” ! That ended the viewing instantly and earned a talking to from Mrs PPM. No harm done, but you can see how things can develop.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
From a Canadian website, but just as relevant here. Are you really comfortable that your child’s image could be used in this way?
nationalpost/news/canada...media-accounts

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, I know.

But they are putting pictures of their kids doing things in public - a trip report - not pictures of them doing things in private. You said:

"putting you[r] children's private life on the internet for anyone to see".

They aren't "putting their children's private life" on the internet.

Seeing a photo of a child at a theme park is no different than seeing a child at a theme park in person. Thousands of people will see the child and potentially interact with them whilst they are at the theme park. So why is showing a photo of them at that theme park an issue?

I don't understand why people think it's perfectly ok to take their children out in public where anyone can see them, but think posting a photo of the child in that very same public place is an issue? It shows exactly the same thing.
No it doesn't and I too am out.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
From a Canadian website, but just as relevant here. Are you really comfortable that your child’s image could be used in this way?
nationalpost/news/canada...media-accounts
Sobering reading
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I used to put pictures of my kids on fb, shared with friends only. An ex of my SIL took a funny photo of my eldest as a baby, turned it into a meme and posted it all over the place. People were making disgusting comments about my son and the person in the photos they assumed to be his mum. It horrified me and really ruined a lovely family photo.

If that kind of thing wouldn’t bother you then fair enough. But it still makes me feel sick even years later - and the photo is still circulating and there’s nothing I can do about it.

I was wondering the same about a trip report though. I think I might stick to the food!
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I did a trip report but none of the photos I posted had any of my family in them - have never put photos of my family on the dibb
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
After reading this thread, I’ve gone back and deleted all the photos of my granddaughter (I hope I’ve done them all).

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yep I do .

More so of my granddaughter than kids though , there’s been a few pics of her on here and my social media which is all locked has many pics of her .

She’s been in Disneyland the last week and at NASCAR races so she’s been seen by 1000s in the parks etc so why would posting a pic of her on here meeting Tigger be any different to strangers in a park seeing her meet him ?

I was however very disturbed yesterday , we were in LA at the Griffith’s observatory and she and I were sat in the grass playing ( she’s almost 7 months old ), 4 Japanese ladies came over and starting snapping away taking pics of her ! She was totally confused ! Then one tried to pick her up . Now I’m sure it was harmless but no it wasn’t happening !
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
You mean you arnt Alan partridges doppelganger? 😂
I'm not the real Alan Partridge, but I guess I do look a bit like him.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Yep I do .

More so of my granddaughter than kids though , there’s been a few pics of her on here and my social media which is all locked has many pics of her .

She’s been in Disneyland the last week and at NASCAR races so she’s been seen by 1000s in the parks etc so why would posting a pic of her on here meeting Tigger be any different to strangers in a park seeing her meet him ?

I was however very disturbed yesterday , we were in LA at the Griffith’s observatory and she and I were sat in the grass playing ( she’s almost 7 months old ), 4 Japanese ladies came over and starting snapping away taking pics of her ! She was totally confused ! Then one tried to pick her up . Now I’m sure it was harmless but no it wasn’t happening !
It sounds weird enough them taking pictures of a 7 month old, but then trying to actually pick her up is even weirder?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List