Closed Thread

Old 30 Mar 13, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
doradaxplorer
Imagineer

doradaxplorer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 21
First of all my DH stays in the 2 travelodges every week due to work and great prices, he prefers the new Gatwick central as its newer, he has had a problem with only one room a family room where the heater is not good enough for the size room, these rooms are always very clean but just your basic room, ensuite clean towels and bedding. If it was me I would stay at GATWICK MANOR PREMIER INN, it's got a great restaurant and in lovely settings, it has a long stay car park and transport to airport, you will not be disappointed. We have also stayed in the new premier inn at Gatwick on Manor royal, very nice and people love the restaurant, we never used it as we drove over to Gatwick Manor for our meal. Not as near to the Hilton or Sofatel but probably a lot cheaper, having stayed at all of these hotels/lodges/inns I wouldn't mind staying at any but given a choice of Premier or Travelodge I would choose Premier but can't beat Travelodge on price.

Edited at 12:16 AM. Reason: Wrong spelling
doradaxplorer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 04:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Lowfield definitely looks tired specially compared to the Povey Cross one but i've seen reports on here of dirty rooms etc and that's never been our experiance. Redspottyowl you will be fine at Povey Cross..its very clean and modern ,if using the car park onsite its £7.50 for the night and the machine doesn't give change.

Chris i've had major issues with PI at Manchester airport (runger lane both of them) both times (3 yrs apart) the stays were ruined by drunk Irish Man Utd fans.. they have a contract with 2 bus companies who bring the fans over and basically they get drunk and run wild... the kids at one point were using a Audi & a BMW as goalposts.!
Premier know there is a issue but its a good earner..i and many other got a full refund and i got £75 in vouchers.. so next time it will be Heald Green.
Daytona - thanks for reminding me about the parking at the Gatwick Central TL. Although hubs and I were going by train we were advised that there is (or there was) free street parking on Povey Cross Road if one doesn't want to shell out for the hotel parking fee. I took a peek on Google maps at road level as we had planned to take a walk up to the garage on the corner if we wanted anything (or even Tesco just up the road) and as it's a residential street it might be worth considering if one is parking overnight.

All the best
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Having stayed at the Hilton at Gatwick I would say you had a lucky escape. The walls are so thin you can hear everything and the beds were the most uncomfortabe I've ever tried to sleep in.

I haven't stayed at the Gatwick Premiur Inn but I use one when I go away for work occasionally and its always been good.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread