Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Oct 21, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Mqt, oh boy, that train really shifts too, have to hang on tight
Yes ChrisS it sure does! On Friday there were no straps or bars available without people already hanging on. Mr M was beckoning me to hold on to the bar near him but I stubbornly refused and feared for my life as it twisted and turned around the bit between D and E 😂

Edited at 06:36 AM.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
I'm routing home via ATL for the first time next year so this is all very reassuring 😀
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

I love going through there. Disappointed now that I can only connect via EWR or ORD mostly. Damn these airlines alliances

People complain about ATL but I loved that airport don't know why it just seemed like the easiest to get around.

Old 6 Oct 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
bouncybeth79
slightly serious Dibber

We are flying to Vegas from Orlando via Atlanta in a few weeks with a 50 min turnaround, from previous answers I have been provided I have been reassured that this should be fairly straightforward.

Has anyone ever done this route - both flights are with Delta
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
PauleUK is asking about returning home. The bag collecting would apply if Atlanta was your first point of entry after leaving the U.K.
Must admit, when I have returned through Atlanta I haven't had time to breathe never mind messing about with cases.
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Allow yourself time for duty free as they won’t let you buy if it’s too close to the flight time. That’s because you pick it up on the plane as you board
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Must admit, when I have returned through Atlanta I haven't had time to breathe never mind messing about with cases.
It seemed frantic when we came through in 2017, but the stewardess let us off the MCO-ATL flight before anyone else, and the guy on the door at the Virgin flight told us not to panic, we knew you were coming . Great service from all.
The route through TO Orlando, aint so easy
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Pauleuk View Post
Hi all. Quick one...

We haven't changed at Atlanta before.

Flights are MCO-ATL - Delta then ATL-LHR - Virgin Atlantic.

This is all booked under one booking reference with Virgin.

Will we need to go through security twice? Also what will happen with our bags at Atlanta?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers
On the way out you will need to identify your bags on one conveyor belt and drop them onto another belt. Then go thru security.

On the return, nothing you're bags will go all the way thru.

There is a very fast metro rail that connects all the terminals. It is very easy and basically connects International to domestic, and vice versa. I have travel thru ATL few times and would deffo do it again.

Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We are considering changing at Atlanta on the way out so Man-Atl then Atl-MCO can anyone advise what this is like please? we have a 2.5 hour stop will that be enough? do we collect our bags and go through security at atlanta then go through boarding again?
Old 7 Oct 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
We are considering changing at Atlanta on the way out so Man-Atl then Atl-MCO can anyone advise what this is like please? we have a 2.5 hour stop will that be enough? do we collect our bags and go through security at atlanta then go through boarding again?
Have a look at the post by Nazzer above yours it explains what to do . If you have a chance of a slightly longer connection perhaps think about booking that instead if you are worried about the transfer procedure times. If you are booked on one ticket and you miss your connecting flight from Atlanta to Orlando due to your inbound flight being late then the airlines will put you on the next flight with space available but it may not necessarily be the next departing flight.
DisneyCupcake is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List