Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 13 Nov 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbyherman
Trying for More Ears

Genie+ and DAS

I'm not sure if I'm being a bit dim, but we'll have 5 in our party and my daughter will qualify for a DAS but I was wondering if it was worth getting Genie +? I'm thinking there won't be any point unless our party wanted to split up, am I missing something? Many thanks.

Edited at 10:19 PM.
Tubbyherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

When I was speaking to the DAS video CM (also a DAS user) she didn't think Genie+ would be worth it. The only exception we could think of is if an ILLS ride had a very long standby but had an ILLS slot available sooner. But that was as a solo traveller.

For a group, splitting up would be the main issue or any rides that she won't go on since she would have to be present and tap in for any DAS return times. I would probably purchase on the day only for those who want it, rather than pay £500 up front for something you may not make much use of.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbyherman
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
When I was speaking to the DAS video CM (also a DAS user) she didn't think Genie+ would be worth it. The only exception we could think of is if an ILLS ride had a very long standby but had an ILLS slot available sooner. But that was as a solo traveller.

For a group, splitting up would be the main issue or any rides that she won't go on since she would have to be present and tap in for any DAS return times. I would probably purchase on the day only for those who want it, rather than pay £500 up front for something you may not make much use of.
That's really helpful thank you. From reading other posts on here, it seems you can prebook 2 rides when you do your video call and then further book another 2 rides on the day of your visit.

That's a really good point about buying the Genie + on the day, whilst my son will tolerate all the rides she likes I'm not sure we'd get her on the likes of Everest again 🤣 so it makes sense if he went off with another.

Do you happen to know how DAS works with the Ratatouille ride? Can that be prebooked or do you have to get a return time?

Thanks

Edited at 11:09 PM.
Tubbyherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you can do the video call, it's correct that you get 2 rides per day in advance. But on the day, you can continue book as many return times as you want throughout the day just like you could on the old DAS system. It's not limited to 2.

With Ratatouille at the moment, you have to get a Virtual Queue slot when they open at 7am. Then when your boarding group is called, you can approach the CM at the entry and let them know you have DAS. I believe at that point they will let you join the LL queue.

For Everest, I'd definitely wait until you're there and see what the standby times are before purchasing an ILLS pass for it. I've rarely seen it over about 20 minutes recently. Even this past weekend which had the longest lines I've seen in months, it was often below 30 minutes - especially in the evenings.

Edited at 11:33 PM.
Old 15 Nov 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbyherman
Trying for More Ears

If you can do the video call, it's correct that you get 2 rides per day in advance. But on the day, you can continue book as many return times as you want throughout the day just like you could on the old DAS system. It's not limited to 2.

With Ratatouille at the moment, you have to get a Virtual Queue slot when they open at 7am. Then when your boarding group is called, you can approach the CM at the entry and let them know you have DAS. I believe at that point they will let you join the LL queue.

For Everest, I'd definitely wait until you're there and see what the standby times are before purchasing an ILLS pass for it. I've rarely seen it over about 20 minutes recently. Even this past weekend which had the longest lines I've seen in months, it was often below 30 minutes - especially in the evenings.
Thanks Loldis, your info is really helpful. I wasn't sure how DAS would work on the more popular rides but if I've understood you correctly we grab a virtual queue slot and wait until our time. Hoping she'll tolerate RotR, would you happen to know if that works the same? Sorry, so many questions. Guessing that will be our day to buy the ILLS pass.
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tubbyherman View Post
Thanks Loldis, your info is really helpful. I wasn't sure how DAS would work on the more popular rides but if I've understood you correctly we grab a virtual queue slot and wait until our time. Hoping she'll tolerate RotR, would you happen to know if that works the same? Sorry, so many questions. Guessing that will be our day to buy the ILLS pass.
Only Remy is currently on virtual queue. RotR is now regular standby.

For all rides other than Remy, after you've tapped into the park, there's a new DAS button in the menu. You can then select an attraction and request a return time. And it will be for the current standby time, same as a normal DAS pass. Once you've used that pass, you can then select another one.

You can still purchase ILLS if you want to prebook a specific time instead. Those you can from 7am if staying onsite, or at park open if not. And you can't miss the big purchase buttons throughout the app now.

Edited at 07:24 PM.
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbyherman
Trying for More Ears

Only Remy is currently on virtual queue. RotR is now regular standby.

For all rides other than Remy, after you've tapped into the park, there's a new DAS button in the menu. You can then select an attraction and request a return time. And it will be for the current standby time, same as a normal DAS pass. Once you've used that pass, you can then select another one.

You can still purchase ILLS if you want to prebook a specific time instead. Those you can from 7am if staying onsite, or at park open if not. And you can't miss the big purchase buttons throughout the app now.
Brilliant, I'm getting my head round it... albeit slowly. Would love to have your feedback on ease of use etc after your trip.
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tubbyherman View Post
Brilliant, I'm getting my head round it... albeit slowly. Would love to have your feedback on ease of use etc after your trip.
I don't do as many attractions as most, but will be giving it a go for the handful that I do.
Old 16 Nov 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PopAlways
Excited about Disney

I did an online chat with Disney.

I said:
Can you confirm if, as a UK guest, I will be able to use the DAS Advance service to register and make reservations? It seems some people are being told they can’t do this.

They said:
At this time, you are welcome to register for DAS in person with a Cast Member at Guest Relations on the day of your visit.

I’m still going to try the video call at 30 days. I’m hoping that as a previous DAS user it may be a bit easier
PopAlways is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbyherman
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by PopAlways View Post
I did an online chat with Disney.

I said:
Can you confirm if, as a UK guest, I will be able to use the DAS Advance service to register and make reservations? It seems some people are being told they can’t do this.

They said:
At this time, you are welcome to register for DAS in person with a Cast Member at Guest Relations on the day of your visit.

I’m still going to try the video call at 30 days. I’m hoping that as a previous DAS user it may be a bit easier
I'd be interested to know how you get on, as it seems very unfair to penalise those unable to access the video call...that's 2 advance rides we'd potentially miss out on.