Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Dec 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

Travel this week Urgent Questions

Hi, I've got myself into a bit of a confused state with all of the recent changes. Can someone help me with the following to allow sanity to resume!:

We travel on 9th December at 10.45 returning 12th December flight departing at 10.30. Family of 4. 2 adults, 1 x 10 year old and 1 x 12 year old who is 12 and 1 month at both departure and arrival.

1. To gain entry to France I have ordered the Chromatics rapid antigen which should arrive with us on Monday. I'm hoping these are acceptable and believe we get the certificate including a QR for the French app. Regulations seem to say we must take this within 48 hours of departure. I'm taking this as the outbound flight time. We will take this test at 8am on 8th December. Does that sound correct?

2. My eldest is aged 12 and 1 month. Before the recent announcement it was clear that he would not need the Health pass because the French allow 2 months for kids to be double vaxxed. My son has his first, however in UK obviously not got the 2nd yet. Am I right in still assuming this should be ok? If not I will buy more tests and take with us.

3. If my son DOES in fact need tested when we are there every 24 hours does this mean that the test we took for entry at 8am on 8th December will have expired for Health pass purposes by the time we get there?

4. Would this then mean he needs to test 3 times - when we arrive (approx 1pm on 9th), 1pm on 10th and 1pm on 11th)?

5. If he does need these tests Chromatics offer either the Fit to Fly Rapid Antigen or the Covid 19 Rapid Antigen - these both look the same to me but must be different in some way as are priced differently. Which one would we get for him?

Sorry, I've completely confused and stressed myself with this. My son is also autistic amongst other needs he has and I'm trying to prevent a major meltdown (of him and us) on arrival! Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help :-).

Edited at 10:54 AM.
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jclaydon
Proud to wear my Ears

Will try and help with some of your queries from my understanding!

1. I understood that for the rapid antigen tests (lft) it had to be within 24hrs of departure (48hrs for pcr), in which case you would need to take the tests after 10.30 on the 8th December

2. Not sure about this one sorry.

3. If he does need tests, then yes the test will have expired so you will need to do another one. LFT tests are only valid for 24hrs.

4. Yes you would need to do one for each 24hr period.

5. Don't know they look the same. The rapid antigen should be ok for the daily testing as long as the certificate has a QR code (needed in France).

Hope that helps a bit.
jclaydon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List