Notices

Old 28 Dec 15, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

The Ate Days of Christmas

Hello everyone, welcome to my 2015 Christmas trippie!

Pre trippie is here

Find my first trip report here

So this is the trip that came about because we had some major problems with mousekeeping at Old Key West in June. After sending a written complaint I was given 5 complimentary nights in a 1 bedroom at any DVC resort subject to availability. We ended up at Beach Club with three nights at Pop tagged onto the front.

Some things to note for my readers:
  • We only did Disney
  • We are WDW veterans and we dont do rope drop to firework days anymore
  • We visit WDW most years and dont see the need to do every attraction every trip - so we dont
  • We had memory maker (paid for) and no dining plan.

I found the weather weird. I just couldn't get my head around wearing a hoodie to keep warm in Florida. I've only ever been in May, June and October and its always been sweltering hot with hideous humidity. Walking up Main Street USA in the cool nights and early mornings left me with a strange sense of uneasiness. Don't get me wrong, I loved the weather, I was built for the climate in the North East of England, I do not do well in the heat and this is by far the most comfortable I've ever been on a Florida holiday. That being said it was still weird.

The other thing I couldn't get used to was also weather related. We had some absolutely lovely days with low humidity, plenty of sun and temps in the low 80's. But... I just could not get used to hearing Christmas music, Carols, trees and decorations in that weather - it just wasn't right! Sometimes a CM would call out 'Happy Holidays' or 'Merry Christmas' and I would absent mindlessly think 'what a nutter - its not Christmas look at the weather' before I would jolt back to reality.

Finally, before I let you get on with whatever you are doing I want to mention the two resorts we stayed at. They were very different but both awesome in their own right. It was our first time at both and I loved them for different reasons.

I got Pop Century for around £65 a night and it was fantastic value. Excellent food court and a brilliant atmosphere - it just felt so... Disney!

Beach Club on the other hand was very different. OMG what an awesome place. It was opulent and sumptuous and we felt very well looked after. The walk to World Showcase was around 6 minutes and while the room was worn it was spotlessly clean and our mousekeeping service was awesome

Right that's it I think. I'm working on day 1 and it will be up soon!

Day 1 - Newcastle to Manchester

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018

Edited at 09:57 AM.
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 15, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great start looking forward to more
Old 30 Dec 15, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shimmigirl
slightly serious Dibber

looking forward to reading your report x
Shimmigirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 15, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Yay glad you had a great trip - subscribing!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great start, looking forward to more.

Interested to see how your stay at the two hotels differ, we stayed at the beach club and SSR last year and had planned to stay at ASMU this year but have since changed to CSR.
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 16, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

we want day 4! you can't leave us hanging on the cliffhanger that is " tomorrow didn't go so well" ...

loving the trippie so far!
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 16, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
we want day 4! you can't leave us hanging on the cliffhanger that is " tomorrow didn't go so well" ...

loving the trippie so far!
thanks! day 4 wont be too long,... probably...

adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 16, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loving your trip report! Great idea to go round all the resorts to see Christmas decorations. If we ever go in December again I think we'll do that.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 16, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Loving your trip report! Great idea to go round all the resorts to see Christmas decorations. If we ever go in December again I think we'll do that.
Thanks! We do it again later in the trip at some other resorts and the decorations are awesome there too

Old 6 Feb 16, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Loved your report, thanks for sharing.