Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Feb 22, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Bubba Gump for lunch today.

I started off with a mix your own margarita($10) I picked mango, it was delicious, I could easily have had a second ( and third).

DH had Ribeye, broccoli and fries ($29.99), all lovely.

I shared calamari ($12.99), grilled prawns ($5.99) and fries ($4.99) with DS. We didn’t need the fries, the portions were huge, the prawns were absolutely lovely. The calamari was ok, slightly greasy, we didn’t finish it.

DD just wanted garlic bread ($5.99) - she didn’t like this, it was quite oily.

DC had the build your own sundae ($3.49), vanilla ice cream, sprinkles, Oreo & snickers

They both loved this and DH and I were hoping for ample leftovers- sadly for us not much left.

The cost with apple juices, strawberry lemonade plus a coke and tip was $106, very reasonable and enjoyable. We’d return but DD didn’t really like the menu - we may try again another time, they’re both quite tired after full on days.

I like this bag - of course have no need for it, resisted for now …

DC purchased wands in Ollivanders which took longer than it did to fly here - they are very happy with them, so all good. I’ll bank that time for when I want to ‘pop’ to Kate Spade.

I think the wands we’re about $120 for both. Spent a happy hour today doing spells 😊
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 22, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mango margarita yes, restaurant margaritas in the US I always feel like theres not enough in the serve (keep them coming
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 01:31 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Sad food day today, planned to go to Cheesecake Factory but the wait was quite long. So dinner at The Grove resort in the Springs bar.

I sampled the typhoon punch $14 - Bacardi, pineapple rum, banana liqueur and pineapple juice. We should have run for the hills when it was served in a plastic cup ☹️

DH had a corona $8, DD both had smoothie: peach and strawberry, these were $8 each and were nice but would expect them to be for $8!

DD had one bite of her Mac and cheese and didn’t like it - not worthy of a pic $8.

DS had chicken tenders it was very average $9

DH had a burger $16 - he thought it was ok.

I had fish tacos $14 - they were over dressed and inedible, I should have taken them back really. I ate half of one, they were so full of mayo and another dressing I couldn’t decipher ☹️

Cost $105 which included a 20% tip even though we collected the food, there was no table to eat at the bar, so we had to bring back. I feel annoyed about it really.

Sorry for the moan !

Edited at 01:30 AM.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

I had a Krispy Kreme to compensate for the Tacos.

Was yum.
Old 20 Feb 22, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Brunch at Wolfgang Puck today - all lovely.

Breakfast pizza (sausage, egg, bacon, potatoes and Tabasco cream) $19. This was a different pick for us, we liked it but it was quite substantial, so we didn’t finish it all.

Ciabatta with tomato butter $6

DD and I really enjoyed this, lovely flavours and the right side of crunchy.

Crispy shrimp with honey mustard and Lime $18
DS devoured these. Huge portion too.

We should have ordered a salad to balance this out a bit - next time !

We finished with the giant cookie with ice cream and caramel sauce $9

It was tasty, very rich, DS had the majority, the rest of us managed a couple of bites.

Cost with tip including 4 soft drinks was $90.
We really enjoyed the meal (such a contrast with last nights dinner - which DH says I need to get over - memory of an elephant !).
Old 20 Feb 22, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lunch looks fantastic- a big improvement on dinner! That giant cookie is impressive. 😍
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Loving your report, especially the cocktails! Shame about the meal at the grove resort, but the KrispyKreme definitely looks nice!
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Lunch looks fantastic- a big improvement on dinner! That giant cookie is impressive. 😍
Such a lesson learnt - no resort dinners unless at Portofino, beach club or similar !

I honestly couldn’t believe how much pudding DS managed 😍

Edited at 11:27 PM.
Old 20 Feb 22, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by twogoto View Post
Loving your report, especially the cocktails! Shame about the meal at the grove resort, but the KrispyKreme definitely looks nice!
The Krispy Kreme made up for it.
I think we’re having Disney springs lunch tomorrow too 😊
Old 20 Feb 22, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

DC currently in the lazy river 😍

We loved Disney Springs today, realised how much we’ve missed Disney this trip, such a happy and relaxed atmosphere. Luckily we have another holiday planned for August.

We did a little shopping:
DS chose this Lego set $50

I’m old and boring so wanted this soap dispenser for the kitchen $22

And in uniglo, T shirt for DS, think this was $15, dumbo sweatshirt for DD $20 and a T shirt dress $30 for me which has a lovely shape plus a nice cotton.

There are a few things we’re planning to pop back for tomorrow before or after lunch & cinema 😍
We’re having a couple of rest days from Universal.

Love the new reusable bags too.