Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Aug 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
I wonder how many people who have a fast pass actually cancel it if they change their plans. I guess it is in their interest to, unless they are not doing a park that day?!
I intend to make every single fastpass that I have booked. I have just counted up and I have five FOP, five 7DMT and 4 SDD. I will be going to all of them, that is why I booked an onsite package. I don't do non park days, I go to Disney and pay their overpriced hotel costs so that I can do rides.

In February we went to an overnight AK event and decided we didn't need out FOP fast pass the following morning. So we cancelled it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

So that is good to know then, that if people do cancel their fast passes, then they could become available at any time!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So that is good to know then, that if people do cancel their fast passes, then they could become available at any time!
Yep, we were in Animal Kingdom in Oct 2017, exited FOP and one of the children wanted to ride again. I looked and got a FP for 3 of us (the rest wanted to ride Kali River) for about an hour later...
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I intend to make every single fastpass that I have booked. I have just counted up and I have five FOP, five 7DMT and 4 SDD. I will be going to all of them, that is why I booked an onsite package. I don't do non park days, I go to Disney and pay their overpriced hotel costs so that I can do rides.

In February we went to an overnight AK event and decided we didn't need out FOP fast pass the following morning. So we cancelled it.
We are doing the paid for AK evening so the only FP for FOP we have booked is the one on the morning we are actually leaving for home we will do Rope Drop and hope to do it that way.
Old 11 Aug 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

They do become available all the time. I’ve booked FOP on the day. I’ve booked 7DMT under 30 days by constantly checking. Some people just like to moan and squeal “it’s not fair” because they want everything their own way without trying even before their fast pass window has even opened😊

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I wonder how many people who have a fast pass actually cancel it if they change their plans. I guess it is in their interest to, unless they are not doing a park that day?!
When I woke up with a migraine during my visit one day last year I cancelled all my fast passes for the day as I knew I wouldn't be going anywhere that day. It was AK so someone else got my FOP one I used all the others that I'd booked.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Hilarious
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This thread is ridiculous.

I work hard in a low paying job, and go without through the year, just to ensure that I can afford the CHEAPEST Disney hotel for my two week stay. It pushes my budget to its limit meaning I don’t get the other perks that a ‘typical holiday’ should bring. Disney hotels are over priced, my budget would allow me to stay off site in a beautiful hotel or villa.

I choose not to do that because, like the rest of you, I’m not a millionaire and we all know that Disney holidays are expensive. Sacrifices have to be made somewhere and I have decided that I value extra magic hours and 60 day FPs over a nicer hotel or villa offsite.

I’m also going on the 15th of September. On three occasions I have FOP fast passes and I won’t be made to feel guilty for it. I worked hard for that perk.

Due to Hollywood Studios tier system I’ve not got fast passes for a number of the top attractions at all. I’m not gonna whinge about it, I’ll suck it up and queue.
Old 12 Aug 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Having read through this entire thread, I just wanted to point out the OP's premise that everyone pays the same for admission is wroing. I look at the offers that UK guests get for 14 day tickets in awe. I am American and I have usually piad twice the per day rate as those with your 14 day ultimate tickets do. We used to be able to get non-expiry tickets and pay for 2 trips worth of tickets (it is very unusual for an American to be able to take two weeks off for a vacation) to lowe the daily cost. I canno longer do that.

If I want to park hop, I pay, if I want to go to water parks I pay, if I want magic memories and mini golf, I pay.

So (tongue in cheek) seeing as we don't pay the same, perhaps Disney should make the number of fast passes allowed proportional to the daily rate one pays.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by adreamisawish View Post
This thread is ridiculous.

I work hard in a low paying job, and go without through the year, just to ensure that I can afford the CHEAPEST Disney hotel for my two week stay. It pushes my budget to its limit meaning I don’t get the other perks that a ‘typical holiday’ should bring. Disney hotels are over priced, my budget would allow me to stay off site in a beautiful hotel or villa.

I choose not to do that because, like the rest of you, I’m not a millionaire and we all know that Disney holidays are expensive. Sacrifices have to be made somewhere and I have decided that I value extra magic hours and 60 day FPs over a nicer hotel or villa offsite.

I’m also going on the 15th of September. On three occasions I have FOP fast passes and I won’t be made to feel guilty for it. I worked hard for that perk.

Due to Hollywood Studios tier system I’ve not got fast passes for a number of the top attractions at all. I’m not gonna whinge about it, I’ll suck it up and queue.
I do feel for the OP it’s frustrating when you can’t get what you want at a time want, and in the next breath you read of on-site people booking fop or sdmt multiple times. That’s said early fp is one of three reasons I book onsite (Free Disney Dining Plan and linked to Disney transport are the other 2) and I make no apologies that I have FOP and slinky twice on my holiday, I have had to make sacrifices as well not getting what I wanted at times but you have to just suck it up

The OP question about holding FP back indirectly does happen
As the FP slots fill up Disney allocate additional staff increasing capacity and in turn releasing more FP slots
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread