Notices

Old 19 Jun 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Optimist
Excited about Disney

Travel day of action. June 23rd

Please get involved in this in any way you can. Email your MP, use social media. Get the message out folks, our aviation and travel industry depends on it.

#traveldayofaction

All details are in the link below.

Thank you 💝

abta/traveldayofaction

Edited at 11:42 AM.
Optimist is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
Serious Dibber

Thanks for sharing.

Ive emailed my MP with the template provided in your link. I also added into it about providing the criteria countries need to meet to be added onto the green list (like EU and USA do) and allowing quarantine free travel from amber and green countries for fully vaccinated people.

I really hope the travel action day helps.
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Written to my MP and shared on Twitter and FB.
Old 19 Jun 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Ive emailed my MP with the template provided in your link. I also added into it about providing the criteria countries need to meet to be added onto the green list (like EU and USA do) and allowing quarantine free travel from amber and green countries for fully vaccinated people.

I really hope the travel action day helps.
Would you mind sharing what you wrote about the criteria? I'd like to get involved in this and send off the letter but I'm rubbish at writing things

From Minnie Ears to Universal inspired knotbands and much much more for your Disney Trip
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Optimist
Excited about Disney

This is a very long article but well worth a read. Basically the full story about how the UK government have messed everything up regarding the travel industry and what's happening elsewhere.

edition.cnn/travel/artic...ure/index.html

Edited at 06:00 PM.
Optimist is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

I don't use social media but have e-mailed my MP, let's hope this brings a positive response.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Dibbing with Tink

I will email my MP.

I am disgusted with how this country has treated the travel industry.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

No point for me, my MP is a ventriloquist's puppet, you can imagine whose hand is stuck up him...
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Would you mind sharing what you wrote about the criteria? I'd like to get involved in this and send off the letter but I'm rubbish at writing things
I added these two bullet points in between the two bullet points already in the template

Publish the criteria countries need to meet in order to be added to the green list, allowing the travel industry to forward plan by assessing which countries will be safe to travel to at any time. This is inline with the approaches taken by the EU and USA.

Allow fully vaccinated individuals to enter the country without quarantine or testing from amber and green countries, allowing low risk travel to resume immediately. This is inline with the approach taken by the EU.
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
I added these two bullet points in between the two bullet points already in the template

Publish the criteria countries need to meet in order to be added to the green list, allowing the travel industry to forward plan by assessing which countries will be safe to travel to at any time. This is inline with the approaches taken by the EU and USA.

Allow fully vaccinated individuals to enter the country without quarantine or testing from amber and green countries, allowing low risk travel to resume immediately. This is inline with the approach taken by the EU.
Thanks so much! Going to send mine off today 😁

From Minnie Ears to Universal inspired knotbands and much much more for your Disney Trip
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List