Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Mar 14, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Golfing for the hubster...

Morning!
So have planned everything else to a tee (excuse the pun! ) bit realised I haven't thought about golf for DH! We're onsite for a week at OKW and then 2 weeks at West Haven villa
Do I need to book a round, or can he just turn up? He'd probably like to play a course in both areas.
Can anyone with any experience offer any tips or help please?

Thanking you kindly
xxx
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hiya, Oak Trail Golf is included in our Disney Tickets, maybe worth checking that. Not that I know anything about golf but it's a 9 hole course in Disney, and can be booked at 90 days. Sorry really can't help about any of your other questions

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Oooh, did you book directly through Disney? Where does it say you get that?!x
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by 'OHANA View Post
Oooh, did you book directly through Disney? Where does it say you get that?!x
Yip, it was on one of the confirmations, but if you've booked direct too you should get it, maybe give them a call. You have to pay for club hire and golf balls (my DH is going to buy his own in Walmart think it's cheaper) Here is the link to it disneyworld.disney.go/re...l-golf-course/

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Yip, it was on one of the confirmations, but if you've booked direct too you should get it, maybe give them a call. You have to pay for club hire and golf balls (my DH is going to buy his own in Walmart think it's cheaper) Here is the link to it disneyworld.disney.go/re...l-golf-course/
Brilliant, we must have it too then! DH is taking his own clubs, he can carry them for free on VA and will prob get golf balls at Walmart too. Will need to have a gander at our emails. Thanks for the heads up, should be able to book it at start of April then just need to get a course sorted for Champions Gate area now!
Are you getting more excited as the time is going on? COS I AM!
Old 15 Mar 14, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Just checked emails, I can't see it on our confirmation I'll fire them an email and ask x
Old 15 Mar 14, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sedders77
Earning My Ears

I am too a keen golfer and will be taking my clubs in Sep/Oct.

I played the oak trail last time a few times (pretty basic, just turn up) but i fully recommend him play the Palm at disney, you can book online and you will find that its cheaper from 2 onwards... a lot cheaper actually.

We stay near Championsgate and they have there own courses which i have not played but heard good things. Nearby is Reunion and this is top of my list when i go, looks beautiful. Check out the website.

You can carry 14 golf balls in the bag but they are easy and cheap to buy!
Sedders77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Brilliant, we must have it too then! DH is taking his own clubs, he can carry them for free on VA and will prob get golf balls at Walmart too. Will need to have a gander at our emails. Thanks for the heads up, should be able to book it at start of April then just need to get a course sorted for Champions Gate area now!
Are you getting more excited as the time is going on? COS I AM!
Mega excited, it's coming in really quick now

Just checked emails, I can't see it on our confirmation I'll fire them an email and ask x
I'd give them a call, I'm sure you'll have it too

Old 15 Mar 14, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sedders77 View Post
I am too a keen golfer and will be taking my clubs in Sep/Oct.

I played the oak trail last time a few times (pretty basic, just turn up) but i fully recommend him play the Palm at disney, you can book online and you will find that its cheaper from 2 onwards... a lot cheaper actually.

We stay near Championsgate and they have there own courses which i have not played but heard good things. Nearby is Reunion and this is top of my list when i go, looks beautiful. Check out the website.

You can carry 14 golf balls in the bag but they are easy and cheap to buy!
Great, thanks for this! So he can put 14 golf balls in his golf bag to put in the hold? That's great! Saves us havingto nip to Walmart first day or two. Will def look up those courses you mentioned, thanks!
Old 15 Mar 14, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sedders77
Earning My Ears

the last time i went that was the case yes. I will have a look myself as it might have changed.
Sedders77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread