Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jan 16, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Oooh! I must admit that im quite glad we missed it in a way. The day it was -4 was very cold and I felt so sorry for all the homeless people

I can't even imagine -18!

I am definitely doing a trippy. Just sorting out my photos.

The hotel was amazing, right up our street with the decor ect.
We loved the hotel so am so glad you did too. It's always a bit of a worry when you recommend somewhere, just in case others don't share your taste. Can't wait for your trippie to start.

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
We dont see homeless people here... or I have never, must be so awful for them. How could you be living on the streets in those temperatures
We saw a homeless man close to the hotel - his sleeping bags were just under the bridge to the right of the side entrance of the Delta. Lots of people seemed to look out for him, dropping off hot drinks and food. Can't imagine how it must be during a Canadian winter.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 16, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
We loved the hotel so am so glad you did too. It's always a bit of a worry when you recommend somewhere, just in case others don't share your taste. Can't wait for your trippie to start.

We saw a homeless man close to the hotel - his sleeping bags were just under the bridge to the right of the side entrance of the Delta. Lots of people seemed to look out for him, dropping off hot drinks and food. Can't imagine how it must be during a Canadian winter.
Poor soul. Cant begin to think what it must be like in these temperatures. Thank goodness someone was giving him hot drinks etc. I thank God I am so fortunate.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 16, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by jocat View Post

Yes the hotel was amazing, right up our street in terms of decor & service. Really good but not over the top!

Yes, that guy is still there, fully camped out and you're right, the locals really look after him. He was gone most of the time and every time we walked past people had left fruit, muffins, sandwiches ect all over his bed for him when he got back. He definitely doesn't go hungry but the cold is another matter We also got talking to a homeless man on our last day who suckered me in with his beautiful dog! He was such a lovely guy and I just find it so hard to comprehend how they have ended up there.

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Poor soul. Cant begin to think what it must be like in these temperatures. Thank goodness someone was giving him hot drinks etc. I thank God I am so fortunate.
Its incomprehensible isn't it We take so much for granted.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 16, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Trippy is started! Here is the index Toronto First Timers - December 2015
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 16, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread