Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Aug 15, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lotso2015
Excited about Disney

Pooh's hunny hunt is unique ride for tokyo though expect long queues.
They have the old style fastpass system
There are lots of unique style foods like a chicken burger in the shape of mickeys glove.

I stayed at the Sheraton and used the monorail as it was convenient and easy to use. They did have a shuttle bus though...it definitely went to the monorail station (which was a walkable distance) not sure if it went else where though as didn't use it.
I am in process of trying to persuade my boyfriend that he wants to go next year
Lotso2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 15, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lotso2015 View Post
Pooh's hunny hunt is unique ride for tokyo though expect long queues.
They have the old style fastpass system
There are lots of unique style foods like a chicken burger in the shape of mickeys glove.

I stayed at the Sheraton and used the monorail as it was convenient and easy to use. They did have a shuttle bus though...it definitely went to the monorail station (which was a walkable distance) not sure if it went else where though as didn't use it.
I am in process of trying to persuade my boyfriend that he wants to go next year
Brilliant thank you we are looking into the Sheraton at the min it seems reasonable. Then we'll head into central Tokyo for our last few days! Can't wait!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 15, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Would you believe... that I still haven't managed to get my annual leave sorted out? And am hoping to go in 20 days! It's going to be at least a few more days before it gets sorted out, argh, am just watching flight prices go up and up... If they go up too much I might not be able to go (And I really need a holiday, I worked over 80 hours in the last week...)
Old 4 Sep 15, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Would you believe... that I still haven't managed to get my annual leave sorted out? And am hoping to go in 20 days! It's going to be at least a few more days before it gets sorted out, argh, am just watching flight prices go up and up... If they go up too much I might not be able to go (And I really need a holiday, I worked over 80 hours in the last week...)
Oh no! I really hope you get it sorted & get away like you deserve working 80 hours deserves a holiday! I look forward to hearing all bout it & let me know if you can't make it

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 15, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Oh no! I really hope you get it sorted & get away like you deserve working 80 hours deserves a holiday! I look forward to hearing all bout it & let me know if you can't make it
I know! I actually have an upcoming week where I'm scheduled to work something in the region of over 90 hours between Monday-Sunday, which is going to be very fun...

Still trying to work out leave dates v.s. flight prices, seem to have found cheaper flight prices if I go slightly later... however the hotel prices also seem to have gone up, so wouldn't be able to stay at the Sheraton (it's something like Ł280/night)! And all still depends on when/how/if my leave gets approved...
Old 6 Sep 15, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I know! I actually have an upcoming week where I'm scheduled to work something in the region of over 90 hours between Monday-Sunday, which is going to be very fun...

Still trying to work out leave dates v.s. flight prices, seem to have found cheaper flight prices if I go slightly later... however the hotel prices also seem to have gone up, so wouldn't be able to stay at the Sheraton (it's something like Ł280/night)! And all still depends on when/how/if my leave gets approved...
Good luck!

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 9 Sep 15, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Good luck!
Okay so... I have actually just booked Tokyo! Well at least the flights and the hotel are booked, still need to figure out what exactly I want to see there (only have 6 days there) besides Disney. Am going to be working every single day for the 19 days leading up to the holiday though...

By the way - if you are booking the Sheraton Tokyo Bay, apparently they have recently refurbished their Ocean Dream rooms and some of the Club rooms. If you book an Ocean Dream room you should be guaranteed a refurbished room - there are some photos of this on Tripadvisor and the room looks absolutely amazing. Also if the rate on the Starwood site (official hotel site) isn't too bad, might be worth booking directly (with a SPG account that can set up for free) as this gets you free wifi in the hotel, otherwise it''s 1000 Yen per day...
Old 9 Sep 15, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Okay so... I have actually just booked Tokyo! Well at least the flights and the hotel are booked, still need to figure out what exactly I want to see there (only have 6 days there) besides Disney. Am going to be working every single day for the 19 days leading up to the holiday though...

By the way - if you are booking the Sheraton Tokyo Bay, apparently they have recently refurbished their Ocean Dream rooms and some of the Club rooms. If you book an Ocean Dream room you should be guaranteed a refurbished room - there are some photos of this on Tripadvisor and the room looks absolutely amazing. Also if the rate on the Starwood site (official hotel site) isn't too bad, might be worth booking directly (with a SPG account that can set up for free) as this gets you free wifi in the hotel, otherwise it''s 1000 Yen per day...
Oh Wow! That's amazing! Are you doing both parks? We only have 6 days 2 & 2 of them will be for Disney. The other 4 for the sights! I think the morning we arrive we'll head straight to Disney & stay maybe at the Sheraton TB, so we only need 1 night there but 2 park days. We fly into Haneda which I hope isn't too far from Disney? I hope you have an amazing time, I can't wait to get lots of tips!

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 9 Sep 15, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Oh Wow! That's amazing! Are you doing both parks? We only have 6 days 2 & 2 of them will be for Disney. The other 4 for the sights! I think the morning we arrive we'll head straight to Disney & stay maybe at the Sheraton TB, so we only need 1 night there but 2 park days. We fly into Haneda which I hope isn't too far from Disney? I hope you have an amazing time, I can't wait to get lots of tips!
Definitely have to do both parks - but especially DisneySea as right now it is the one Disney park I haven't visited!

We're planning to use the Sheraton as a base for Tokyo (much nicer/larger rooms than what I could find in central Tokyo for the same price), so I'm hoping to be able to pop into the parks late at night on my way back from Tokyo too, or maybe early in the morning on the way into Tokyo...

I think Haneda is only an hour bus ride away from Disney and the bus ride costs <1000 yen one way, which isn't too bad! We're flying into Narita but out of Haneda.

I've just been reading up about Tokyo Disneyland and I just read about all the popcorn flavours - apparently they have flavours like soya sauce and milk tea and curry - definitely am going to have to try them! And a friend was telling me about the Toy Story alien mochi so I'm going to have to try that too!
Old 9 Sep 15, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Definitely have to do both parks - but especially DisneySea as right now it is the one Disney park I haven't visited!

We're planning to use the Sheraton as a base for Tokyo (much nicer/larger rooms than what I could find in central Tokyo for the same price), so I'm hoping to be able to pop into the parks late at night on my way back from Tokyo too, or maybe early in the morning on the way into Tokyo...

I think Haneda is only an hour bus ride away from Disney and the bus ride costs <1000 yen one way, which isn't too bad! We're flying into Narita but out of Haneda.

I've just been reading up about Tokyo Disneyland and I just read about all the popcorn flavours - apparently they have flavours like soya sauce and milk tea and curry - definitely am going to have to try them! And a friend was telling me about the Toy Story alien mochi so I'm going to have to try that too!
Oh it all sounds amazing! Can you get the bus direct to Disney from Haneda airport?

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Closed Thread