Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 12 Oct 16, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Mobile

I mix 30g of oats with banana and custard muller light and then add fresh strawberries, raspberries and blackberries on the top. I've found you don't need to do it overnight, the porridge goes soft after about 15 minutes!

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Am I the only one who thought this thread was about something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! 😂😂😂

Edited at 09:41 PM.
Greyfriars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greyfriars View Post
am i the only one who thought this thread was about something completely different! 😂😂😂
😂😂😂😂😃😃

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I know OP said no cinnamon but for anyone else who likes it, I was looking for a recipe that tasted like oatmeal and raisin cookies and tried this, I think it does and I really like it

Oats
Almond milk
Sweetener
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Raisins
Vanilla essence
2015 WDW - Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando + Hard Rock Hotel 2017 DLP - Sequoia Lodge 2019 WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs Resort + Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 2021 DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 2022 WDW - All Star Music Resort, Endless Summer Resort - Dockside 2023 DLP - Sequoia Lodge Upcoming trips...2024 DLP - Santa Fe 2025 WDW - All Star Movies, Art of Animation, Sapphire Falls, Endless Summer - Dockside/Surfside
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Thank you all

I have just put some oats with greek yogurt, chia seeds and honey on. Hope it tuens out ok.

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I saw this - lakeland/45269/Overnight-Oats-Mug - and thought of you
Awww thanks

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
What do you have for breakfast that you are hungry again by 09:00! I eat breakfast at 06:30 and don't eat again until after 2pm.
Here's a fabulous overnight breakfast; Put a tablespoon of sunflower seeds and a tablespoon of whole buckwheat in barely lukewarm water and soak overnight, drain and add fruit and yogurt. The lukewarm water makes the seeds just start to sprout and they are lovely and crunchy without being hard and full of vitamins.
You can do it with naked oats as well (they have to be whole ones though not rolled!) but you have to wash these well after soaking.
I tend to have ceral or crumpets. I may have been a bit dramatic saying 9am, maybe more like 10 im hungry

Originally Posted by Edin View Post
A few people at my work do they overnight oats. I just have porridge
I do have porridge sometimes but fancied a change and something that i can eat at work.

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
Am I the only one who thought this thread was about something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! 😂😂😂

it seems so
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
What do you have for breakfast that you are hungry again by 09:00! I eat breakfast at 06:30 and don't eat again until after 2pm.
Here's a fabulous overnight breakfast; Put a tablespoon of sunflower seeds and a tablespoon of whole buckwheat in barely lukewarm water and soak overnight, drain and add fruit and yogurt. The lukewarm water makes the seeds just start to sprout and they are lovely and crunchy without being hard and full of vitamins.
You can do it with naked oats as well (they have to be whole ones though not rolled!) but you have to wash these well after soaking.
What do you eat that keeps you full for that long? I eat breakfast at 6.30 at home and by the time I am logged in at work at about 8.30 I am STARVING! lol. and that theme continues for the rest of the day! haha.

I usually have either weetabix or porridge for breakfast with almond milk and some frozen berries. Might try some of these overnight recipes though - the yoghurt might help curb my insatiable appetite!
Orlando 1995 - 1998 - 2000 - 2007 - 2009 - 2015
ljbojangles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
THANK YOU DIBBERS!

Until I read this thread I had never even heard of overnight oats

Now I have just eaten my first bowl of them ever and love them

Think they will be just the thing to kick start my diet again and keep me full until lunch.

Please keep the recipes and ideas coming and could someone please tell me what chia seeds are and where I can buy them - are they available in supermarkets?
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by goodevans View Post
THANK YOU DIBBERS!

Until I read this thread I had never even heard of overnight oats

Now I have just eaten my first bowl of them ever and love them

Think they will be just the thing to kick start my diet again and keep me full until lunch.

Please keep the recipes and ideas coming and could someone please tell me what chia seeds are and where I can buy them - are they available in supermarkets?
You can get them in Tesco in the whole food/free from isle- they have a lot of protein in them but don't really taste of everything much if you add just a tablespoon (they look like little pale poppy seeds - you can get light and dark chia but I think they are basically the same thing?).

I know people make chia pudding but I've never tried that!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
Sadly, no.
It's me age you know.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I made some last night, I mixed together

Equal amount of oats and milk
Drizzle of runny honey
Banana
Raspberries

It made a good substantial healthy breakfast.
Going to try some of these suggestions now, I like the idea of using those little actimel bottles, I have some blueberry ones in the fridge so that's my next attempt
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List