Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 22 Sep 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I have a chiller for the white but the red goes on a rack. I don't really drink red and rose. Recently I've been drinking Whispering Angel rose and Miraval. If I'm drinking white I'll have a Marlborough Sauvignon, preferably saint clair or jacksons estate.
I buy form Costco or Majestic
Whispering Angel is a new favourite of a friend of mine. We were discussing that over the summer. I haven't tried it myself.

I tend to only drink red but I do like fizz too.
However, I really like Albariņo at the moment. Waitrose have a nice one and it's currently got 20% off

Edited at 05:30 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post

We don't have much of a stock at present as we're between houses.
DH drinks mostly red and I tend to drink rose as I can't get on with red wine anymore. 😔 The Three Choirs is nice. I'm having a glass now! We both like whites like Pouilly-Fuisse. Some years ago we went on holiday with friends where we stayed in Epernay and visited a different champagne house for a tasting every day. 😁
The same friends bought us a membership to the Wine Society and we've had some nice wines from them.

Edited at 06:48 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Whispering Angel is a new favourite of a friend of mine. We were discussing that over the summer. I haven't tried it myself.

I tend to only drink red but I do like fizz too.
However, I really like Albariņo at the moment. Waitrose have a nice one and it's currently got 20% off
I've just opened a bottle of whispering angel tonight!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I still have a bottle of my homemande plum wine i made 3 years ago, im scared to try it now in case it destroys my stomach and everything else on the way down.
Certainly not going to chance it 5 days before our flights
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by ColinG View Post
I still have a bottle of my homemande plum wine i made 3 years ago, im scared to try it now in case it destroys my stomach and everything else on the way down.
Certainly not going to chance it 5 days before our flights
Send it here! I'm sure I've drank worse
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Send it here! I'm sure I've drank worse
Im planning on leaviving it on my bunker with an upside down glass next to it before I leave for the airport so its waiting for me to subdue the holiday blues on my return!
Old 28 Sep 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

If you like Cloudy Bay, Whitehaven etc try Saint Clair. The pioneers block is excellent
not cheap but the St Clair Pinot Noir is absolutely amazing, once you have tried it very difficult to go back to cheap plonk aferwards !

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
not cheap but the St Clair Pinot Noir is absolutely amazing, once you have tried it very difficult to go back to cheap plonk aferwards !
Agreed!
Old 30 Sep 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

I've just opened a bottle of whispering angel tonight!
I had never heard of whispering angel until recently. My hairdresser loves it - think she maybe first tried it on a cruise.
Old 30 Sep 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

I belong to a couple of online wine clubs (Naked Wines and Virgin Wines) and since I've been ordering their reds I really have noticed a difference. My favourite is this one:

All of the Kimbao reds I've enjoyed. If we go out I usually order Shiraz or Merlot, depending on what is available.

My 'go to' in our local supermarket is Hardys Crest Shiraz.

As much as I like red, I'm not a fan so much of Rioja.

Edited at 11:26 AM.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List