Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 21, 05:16 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Passport renewal

Hi
Does anyone know the turnaround for a renewal ? I need it for the end of October. My passport doesn’t expire till the end of April next year but after checking online for entry to Spain it says I can travel to Europe up to 20th October 2021. Help 😂😂
Old 8 Oct 21, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
tfmay
Getting Excited

Sent mine on 20th Sept and it’s still at ‘we’ve received your old passport’ status……friend at work sent hers 10 days before mine and the same…..

I think you can pay for a fast rack service but it’s expensive…
gov.uk/get-a-passport-ur...-track-service

Edited at 07:02 AM.
tfmay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

early septand and still "we have received old passport". Our youngest had one in March that was 2 weeks to the day for full turnaround.

I believe it is around 8 to 10 weeks std at the moment. passportwaitingtime/ this would say different, we are already over this average.

Edited at 08:07 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It's about 30 days, on the increase as lots have applied recently

Edited at 08:08 AM.
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Passport renewal

I sent 2 renewals off about 4 weeks ago, one text said it would be back by 30 Nov, the other said 6 Dec. Daughters boyfriend did his 2 weeks before mine his date is 23 Nov
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
Hi
Does anyone know the turnaround for a renewal ? I need it for the end of October. My passport doesn’t expire till the end of April next year but after checking online for entry to Spain it says I can travel to Europe up to 20th October 2021. Help 😂😂
I think you will struggle to get it back for end of Oct, wait times have dramatically increased lately due to us being able to fly to more destinations
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've paid for the fastest one before when I stupidly didn't check my passport till the week of travel. I think it was around £130 then but it was a few years ago.
You make an appointment at your closest office offering the fast track, attend in person and leave in your paperwork etc and it's ready about 4 hrs later. It's expensive but might be your best bet.
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBH the 6 month rule makes absolutely no sense, especially as you can only stay for 3 months without a "citizen ID". Just done DW but really we have no rush, well until we need it in Dec! In different times they were taking 2-3 weeks, I signed up for updates so whilst it won't hurry it up I should at least know how far a long it is
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
Hi
We did ours recently on line and had both passports back in 6 days.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've worked out we would have 5 months and 23 days. Do you think it would be ok with that. Its very confusing