Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 12 Oct 16, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

overnight oats

Anyone have any good recipies for this? Please no cinamon

Thinking of trying it as I can set up the night before (or a bulk batch at the start of the week and can be kept) and eat at work?
I have breakfast at home but am always starving by 9am - so if i can delay breakfast that would be good
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I always just made mine with a layer of oats, then some natural yoghurt and coconut or almond milk and some frozen summer fruits, then do the same again, I like to add a little sweetener as sometimes I find it a little to "tart"
Old 12 Oct 16, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I usually make mine with oats, vanilla fat free yoghurt and frozen fruit. Make it layers then chill in fridge overnight. I was dubious at first to how it would taste, but it is my favourite breakfast now.
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I love these, I particularly like strawberry yogurt with blueberries as the fruit.

I don't do mine overnight though. I make them in the morning about 7am before I get my train and eat then around 10am at work. fruit is all defrosted and they are fine. I do stir my oats in though and just throw the frozen fruit on top when I make them up. xxx

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I do mine with grated apple and ginger. Try Googling 'bircher muesli' for more ideas
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
I mix oats with yoghurt then put fresh fruit on top as I don't like frozen. I very often don't get a break on a 12 hour shift, if I can find a few minutes to eat this it fills me up for several hours.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I do mine with grated apple and ginger. Try Googling 'bircher muesli' for more ideas
I discovered this on a P&O cruise - amazing stuff!
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Thanks all. Just seems like itll be trial and error to get the consistenecy right, but yogurt and fruit al sound good. Ill prob used tinned or fresh fruit - not enough room to store the frozen fruit.

has anyone ever tried dried fruits?

Ill google bircher muesli when i get home.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

I like Carrot Cake overnight oats but as you don't like cinnamon this one is out!

The basic recipe I use is 35g of oats, 1x fat free yoghurt (I sometimes use a Muller light depending on what flavour I want) and a splash of milk. Then add whatever else you fancy!
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
Anyone have any good recipies for this? Please no cinamon

Thinking of trying it as I can set up the night before (or a bulk batch at the start of the week and can be kept) and eat at work?
I have breakfast at home but am always starving by 9am - so if i can delay breakfast that would be good
I saw this - lakeland/45269/Overnight-Oats-Mug - and thought of you