Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Aug 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
I thought Crystal Palace was a one credit restaurant?
It was the last three times we were there!

It’s simple

If it’s on the dining plan it’s included if it’s not it’s , well not

I also thought everybody in the party is deducted a TS credit whether they eat or not at buffet service type restaurants.? If you only had a plate of fries then that’s a credit... I could be wrong but I though that was my understanding!

If you are not happy with either the food, their service or the charges then speak to a supervisor

If you ordered. 6€ drink then it’s a 6€ dollar drink.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm not denying anyone's negative outcomes here but just wanted to offer a different experience. We are a family of 4 but our youngest son is disabled and only eats pureed food. We take a hot (pureed) meal into restaurants in a flask.this means that we only order for three, the bill is therefore lower and the servers tip is also lower. Despite this- ie the server probably expecting 4 to order but only getting 3 our experiences have generally been very positive (obviously some servers have more pixie dust than others) and we have usually gone away very happy. We stay offsite so always pay oop and have never felt the need to tip low... We always leave 20% (sometimes a small amount +) to reflect the service and only three eating.
On the subject of buffet/character meals we've consciously never booked one for the reasons stated above. Although I'd love to do one (or all of them!) I'm sure we'd be charged for the number of people, I guess understandably, as the characters are part of the whole experience but I just couldn't stomach forking out for the meal and tip for a party member who couldn't eat... We just have to queue/fast pass the character meets elsewhere in the parks
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If I get good service I tip , if I don't get good service I don't. I don't complain to the manager but to the server themselves and let them know why
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by victorbertram View Post
If I get good service I tip , if I don't get good service I don't. I don't complain to the manager but to the server themselves and let them know why
This is me , I don’t care whether it’s Disney or any other restaurant, if the service is bad your not getting a tip and I am more than happy to explain why! I know the tipping is a big issue on here but I regard it as a thank you for the service you have given me , plain and simple and although we generally tip well I won’t be told what I should tip , i really am baffled why people seem to think that they need to accept bad service let alone tip it and strangely it seems to happen in Disney restaurants more than anywhere else I’ve read about xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
This is me , I don’t care whether it’s Disney or any other restaurant, if the service is bad your not getting a tip and I am more than happy to explain why! I know the tipping is a big issue on here but I regard it as a thank you for the service you have given me , plain and simple and although we generally tip well I won’t be told what I should tip , i really am baffled why people seem to think that they need to accept bad service let alone tip it and strangely it seems to happen in Disney restaurants more than anywhere else I’ve read about xxx
brilliant post. If more people felt and acted like you instead of coming onto message boards and asking what to tip and what is expected ( %) then I’m sure there would be a lot less bad service as wait staff would be hit in the pocket and soon change their attitudes and ways of giving service
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I was surprised at the price of the Morimito drink so had a quick look at the menu. Sodas are only $3.50. There is housemade lemonade for $5.00. Sounds like the OP wasn't talking about a cheap Sprite out of a machine. I certainly wouldn't have expected a "specialty" drink to be comped just because a child wasn't eating and using a credit.
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

I found the service very good and the CM were all so lovely. We did Crystal Palace and my 5-year-old only ate a few grapes and a muffin but I knew the cost beforehand and we booked for the character experience. (Though my 2-year-old who ate for free probably ate her share of sausages, cheese, etc).
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Merryweather View Post
Sorry but i disagree with some of these posts - the food and service I had last year were both mainly very good! I do, however, agree that if you order a drink you should expect to pay for it and you should know in advance if the restaurant you have booked is a buffet and if you only eat chips then that's your choice! If the service in any restaurant was not up to par then I definitely wouldn't tip 20% - it's not compulsory! However, I research every restaurant I book and wouldn't consider a meal if I didn't like the menu!
Just to make myself better understood - I’m disagreeing with the posts about the bad food and poor service - I have never found this to be true!
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Some fair replies. Maybe I was being a bit picky over paying $50 for fries and a chance to meet piglet and expecting a free drink on top of a $250 bill.but to me it takes away a bit of the magic . Maybe that's why I felt I had to share my experiences. Or maybe the magics worn off a bit now.

Edited at 01:56 AM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I was surprised at the price of the Morimito drink so had a quick look at the menu. Sodas are only $3.50. There is housemade lemonade for $5.00. Sounds like the OP wasn't talking about a cheap Sprite out of a machine. I certainly wouldn't have expected a "specialty" drink to be comped just because a child wasn't eating and using a credit.
Don't really understand your point on the type of drink.it was for a young child. Thanks tho for looking up the prices for s moment I thought I had made up the figure
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List