Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Sep 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamers
a Friend of the DIBB

Universal express unlimited ticket help

Hi guys,

I’m thinking of booking a one night stay at Universals in a premier hotel during our 3 week holiday which we will be staying in a villa, July to August time. I’ve heard that this is a good way to get universal express unlimited passes and that we would need them to get the most out of our experience universal.

I just wanted to double check that I’m right in thinking that we would have to book our hotel and still book our park admission tickets separately? Also would the express tickets be valid for the arrival day and following day?

I would love to have your insight if anyone has done universal with or without express unlimited tickets and what your experience was like, as I’m wondering if we would actually need them. Help, I'm so torn!

Thanks
Disney Dreamers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
In July/early August the Unlimited Express will be a godsend. With a one night stay at either Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino Bay, you will get Unlimited Express on both check-in and check-out day, so 2 days worth of express. You will need to purchase park tickets separately, as these are not included (you can buy packages that include tickets but not with a one night stay).
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

We went the 3rd week in August and stayed for 2 nights, they are a godsend you can get so much done.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
We went the 3rd week in August and stayed for 2 nights, they are a godsend you can get so much done.
We always do a night at one of the hotels as the express passes are a god send
Last trip we did the Hulk 5 times on a row
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
The Thornes
Getting Excited

One nights stay will get you two days passes.

We have done it with and without passes.
Once you use the passes you'll never be able to go back.
Booked again this year for a few extra nights as the Hard rock hotel is awesome. Movie night in the pool
2014 Rosen Pointe Orlando
2017 Rosen Pointe Orlando - All Star Sports resort - Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Rosen Pointe Orlando - All Star Music - Hard Rock Hotel
2022 Rosen Pointe Orlando -Pop Century - Hard Rock Hotel
2023 Portofino Bay
The Thornes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

I would also recommend the Express passes.

We stayed for 2 nights at the RPR (15th/16th August) and I think we would have struggled without them.

Out of the 2 parks, we managed to complete Islands of Adventure reasonably quickly (within 6 hours). However, Universal Studios took a lot longer because it was quite busy on the day we went.

Just to give you an idea, it took us 1.25 hours just to complete 2 rides (Minions and Shrek) and that's with express passes!

The biggest mistake we made was not taking advantage of the early entrance times.
ARAR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

If you were going to book 2 nights then book 2 separate nights to give toy 4 days express x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamers
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
In July/early August the Unlimited Express will be a godsend. With a one night stay at either Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino Bay, you will get Unlimited Express on both check-in and check-out day, so 2 days worth of express. You will need to purchase park tickets separately, as these are not included (you can buy packages that include tickets but not with a one night stay).
Ok thanks, that’s great to know!
Disney Dreamers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamers
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordie boy 57 View Post
We always do a night at one of the hotels as the express passes are a god send
Last trip we did the Hulk 5 times on a row
Wow 5 times! After you all saying that they are a godsend, I definitely do think that this is something that we need to do. Thank you!
Old 8 Sep 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamers
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
We obviously want to get as much as possible done so I think that it’s a no brainer. Thanks for your info!