Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 09, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jheaton View Post
could i ask for a bit more detail on what the problem was exchanging your vouchers?

from what other people have posted-as long as you have photo ID and go to guest services they have had no problems.

tell us more
okay to follow this up.
we did busch gardens on 14/2...this voucher activated the sea world/aquatica tickets as well. We got there early as it was presidents day weekend and after a long wait got to the kiosk only for the operator to treat us like aliens...

The valuable time spent getting up early was lost at the kiosk as phone call followed phone call...

Sun 15/3 we did Universal.. studios...this was a good 30 mins at the kiosk and the guy had clearly never seen a virgin voucher... whilst we queued so did the rides at the simpsons and jaws...the guy actually said we couldnt gain entry with the voucher...until some help arrived

Clearly some of these people had never heard of Virgin or dealt with the format of the vouchers

Tues was Hollywood studios and we arrived early to do tower of terror and rock and roll coaster... yet again by the time the voucher was turned into tickets we had knocked 30 mins off valuable getting in time

next time its tickets for me..and if it costs me a few pounds more its better than the chaos we had at the kiosks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 09, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ossie View Post
okay to follow this up.
we did busch gardens on 14/2...this voucher activated the sea world/aquatica tickets as well. We got there early as it was presidents day weekend and after a long wait got to the kiosk only for the operator to treat us like aliens...

The valuable time spent getting up early was lost at the kiosk as phone call followed phone call...

Sun 15/3 we did Universal.. studios...this was a good 30 mins at the kiosk and the guy had clearly never seen a virgin voucher... whilst we queued so did the rides at the simpsons and jaws...the guy actually said we couldnt gain entry with the voucher...until some help arrived

Clearly some of these people had never heard of Virgin or dealt with the format of the vouchers

Tues was Hollywood studios and we arrived early to do tower of terror and rock and roll coaster... yet again by the time the voucher was turned into tickets we had knocked 30 mins off valuable getting in time

next time its tickets for me..and if it costs me a few pounds more its better than the chaos we had at the kiosks
did they not inform you of what the actual problem with your vouchers had been ?

id be feeling the same as you had it been me

but then ive never had any problems but i am getting vouchers for july trip
Old 1 Mar 09, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tinkerella View Post
did they not inform you of what the actual problem with your vouchers had been ?

id be feeling the same as you had it been me

but then ive never had any problems but i am getting vouchers for july trip
the only constructive reply was from the universal operator...who offered a massive apology and stated they wanted to make sure we had the 'correct tickets'... as you may know at universal the speakers at the ticket kiosks are very loud so im sure his apology was aimed at the crowd behind rather than me

what else can i say... if there was a problem they clearly wouldnt let me know...
Old 1 Mar 09, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

We never have vouchers, we always have really tickets don't fancy having vouchers.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 09, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We arrived in Orlando on Monday and we purchased all of tickets through Virgin. We knew we would have to exchange the vouchers for actual tickets when visiting the parks. However we did not anticipate the parks being so busy, expecially as all the information prior to coming said the parks would be quiet!
However, on Tuesday (24th) we went to Seaworld and exchange our tickets this took 10 mins (pretty good as the park was quite busy) we arrived at around 10.45am.
On Weds (25th) we went to MK and exchanged our tickets which took 20 minutes and then a further 10 mins to pick up a birthday gift card for someone in our party. Again not bad as MK was very busy all rides worth going on at least 45minute wait times from 11am onwards.
Thursday - BG no problem as we already had tickets.
Today - IOA - 35 minute wait to exchange vouchers although we didn't get to the park until 11.30am. All rides showing 40 minute wait times. Ripsaw Falls was a 90 minute wait from 2pm. After 4pm wait times decreased slightly.
We would probably have purchased tickets had we known that the parks would have been so busy
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 09, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had major problems with our vouchers in 2007, have got tickets this time.

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 09, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ohpair
Excited about Disney

Did you have to take your passports with you to change the voucher? Don't fancy carrying 4 passports round all day?!

Katy
ohpair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 09, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Here's a thought, maybe it's the staff not know what they are rather than problems with the vouchers! It could be that they have now started to get new staff in for the busy Easter season and they just hadn't come across them before!

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 09, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Here's a thought, maybe it's the staff not know what they are rather than problems with the vouchers! It could be that they have now started to get new staff in for the busy Easter season and they just hadn't come across them before!

i think you may be right there, however they are very good at making the problem look as if its yours and that makes you feel very uncomfortable with the situation, especially if you were first timers like us.

I would also add that once we had the tickets there was no real problem, however remember to write your names on each ticket (we didnt- chaos when going back to IOA ) and remember which forefinger you used on the fingerprint machine when you first used the tickets
Old 1 Mar 09, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

This may be a stupid Question, but is it only the actual parks that you can change these vouchers? We have the Virgin ones for this year as it was cheaper but in the past we have had tickets.