Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 15 Dec 16, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
Thanks for that. I don't know why I thought it was open to everyone. I thought I had a Disney email about it, but I must have been having a bout of senility
No you've misunderstood I think. They are offering the 13 months to everyone, it's the cut off date I wasn't sure about. But, I'm sure we saw posters at DS last week saying January 3rd as well.

Edited- it is January 3rd. I found it. disneyworld.disney.go/sp...month/details/

Edited at 12:53 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Thanks BigHal for the link and many thanks to Nimbus for the analysis. I originally dismissed that link because it appeared to only provide single day information.

Having not looked at the data yet, can you summarise if possible the relation between 14 day passes (when considered as dollar tickets) and annual passes that provide equivalent or similar access to parks and attractions. Thanks.

I realise recent APs have been granted 13 month access so that would need to be factored in at some point.

What I'm getting at here is to understand if 14 day to AP conversion is cheaper than buying APs upon arrival, as well as historically speaking.
Unfortunately, that information isn't available - at least not in that link. The link does not provide any info regarding the UK 14 day tickets at all. Plus there's then the pound-to-dollar rate to take into account - this constantly changes.

All I know is that based on the varies prices of the 14 day tickets throughout this year and comparing those prices to the dollar exchange rate, it looks like Disney consistently prices our 14 day tickets at around $520 (give or take $20).

At least that was the case up until today.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
"Guest Relations will be able to scan your ticket to see the pricing paid "
Oh well. A bit unfortunate for those who were hoping that Disney would use the current price of the 14 day tickets rather than the price paid.

Sincerely,

Trinsey Bias
Coo, what a name. He/she doesn't sound very impartial.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Can you upgrade a 14 Day Ultimate to 21 when in the parks? Or just add days?
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
No, neither I'm afraid.

Well, you certainly can't add days to the 14 day Ultimate. And they don't sell 21 Day Ultimates in the USA (they are only available in the UK).

If you want more days the best you can do is upgrade to one of the annual passes.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 15 Dec 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
No you've misunderstood I think. They are offering the 13 months to everyone, it's the cut off date I wasn't sure about. But, I'm sure we saw posters at DS last week saying January 3rd as well.

Edited- it is January 3rd. I found it. disneyworld.disney.go/sp...month/details/
Thank you. I did a quick search before and the official Disney link I found basically asked me if I was a resident or not. When I clicked not, I was taken to a general ticket options page, i.e. away from the 13 month option. I assumed incorrectly that meant no 13 month option for non-residents. Glad I was wrong.

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Unfortunately, that information isn't available - at least not in that link. The link does not provide any info regarding the UK 14 day tickets at all. Plus there's then the pound-to-dollar rate to take into account - this constantly changes.

All I know is that based on the varies prices of the 14 day tickets throughout this year and comparing those prices to the dollar exchange rate, it looks like Disney consistently prices our 14 day tickets at around $520 (give or take $20).

At least that was the case up until today.
Thanks. I thought that was the case, but since I'd made a mess up of not seeing the multi-day tickets at all I thought I'd ask

Oh well. A bit unfortunate for those who were hoping that Disney would use the current price of the 14 day tickets rather than the price paid.

Coo, what a name. He/she doesn't sound very impartial.
Yes, my thoughts indeed. I was quite shocked to know they keep the history linked to the ticket, but it makes sense in this tech. world we live in.

The name is amazing, and yes I missed it completely

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
Excellent question, although the problem might be no US 21 day option once you are there.

EDIT: See Nimbus' post just before this one.

Edited at 06:05 PM.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Does the actual ticket hold the price as it's always been stated it was best to use the ticket at least one to get the current price whereas if it wasn't activated then you got a lower price.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Does the actual ticket hold the price as it's always been stated it was best to use the ticket at least one to get the current price whereas if it wasn't activated then you got a lower price.
That seems crazy.

We intended to upgrade before activation at Disney Springs Guest Services.

Anyway, I've fired off another email to Disney. I'm at risk of having my MDE account flagged as "pain in the a..e"
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 16, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
I've seen that mentioned a number of times too.

A part of me always wondered why using it once or twice would make a difference?

BTW, the official price for the 2017 14 day Ultimates is now £299. Based on the current exchange rate that's equivalent to around $370. To upgrade to a Platinum Pass (no waterparks) would cost around $425. Which is £340.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 16 Dec 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

I've seen that mentioned a number of times too.

A part of me always wondered why using it once or twice would make a difference?

BTW, the official price for the 2017 14 day Ultimates is now £299. Based on the current exchange rate that's equivalent to around $370. To upgrade to a Platinum Pass (no waterparks) would cost around $425. Which is £340.
This is where using it comes in as if you upgrade after March next year the price to buy a 14 day ticket would be £419 a $518 value so on your exchange rate it would only cost $277 (or £225 ) to upgrade. So you can see why it could be important.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List