Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 May 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
My kids were window and middle in a three person row about 5 years ago. We’d upgraded to extra legroom at return check in. Turned into a proper nightmare for them as the ‘random’ placed his head on the seat in front of him (looked pretty uncomfortable) but clearly not as he stayed like that asleep for 7 hours. Would never do it to them again!
this happened to my older DD's too on our first (as well as Last!) BA flights. DH & I were celebrating a big anniversary so upgraded ourselves to Club & left them in economy (they were 16 & 14) ... we went to check on them a few times and every time the man sat in the aisle seat next to them was fast asleep (this was on the outgoing daytime flight!). He let them out to go to the loo only once before getting really snippy with them - I complained to a steward eventually after he got up in a complete strop and threw down the book that was on his tray, hitting my DD with it, but they couldn't have cared less ...

This, combined with the IFE not working in Club & having a wet seat & getting dripped on the whole way home due to an issue with the air con (they couldn't have cared less about that either - told me to just put a blanket on my seat ) is the reason why we have never flown with them again

Edited at 05:09 PM.
Redriva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mylittleminion
Helping Minnie

thanks for all the replies

Its just me and my 6 year old and the 2's near the back were booked so I booked seats in the bubble. I guess whoever picked the odd seat knows the others are already taken so should expect a certain amount of disruption I'll just have to try and keep it to a minimum. I think the reality of going has finally set in and all those last minute worries are setting in
like if dd falls asleep and I need the toilet do I leave them sleeping or wake them up and take them with me?
Mylittleminion is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redriva View Post
this happened to my older DD's too on our first (as well as Last!) BA flights. DH & I were celebrating a big anniversary so upgraded ourselves to Club & left them in economy (they were 16 & 14) ... we went to check on them a few times and every time the man sat in the aisle seat next to them was fast asleep (this was on the outgoing daytime flight!). He let them out to go to the loo only once before getting really snippy with them - I complained to a steward eventually after he got up in a complete strop and threw down the book that was on his tray, hitting my DD with it, but they couldn't have cared less ...

This, combined with the IFE not working in Club & having a wet seat & getting dripped on the whole way home due to an issue with the air con (they couldn't have cared less about that either - told me to just put a blanket on my seat ) is the reason why we have never flown with them again
What a horrible man and I agree BA could not care less about customers
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mylittleminion View Post

Its just me and my 6 year old and the 2's near the back were booked so I booked seats in the bubble. I guess whoever picked the odd seat knows the others are already taken so should expect a certain amount of disruption I'll just have to try and keep it to a minimum. I think the reality of going has finally set in and all those last minute worries are setting in
like if dd falls asleep and I need the toilet do I leave them sleeping or wake them up and take them with me?
The bubble is so small, you can leave them sleeping. I completely understand why you're concerned but you'll be able to stand up, subtly catch the attention of cabin crew and request that they hover until you're back.
Also families keep an eye on other families. How often do you see a toddler wandering in a supermarket and start looking for their adults? (Usually 1 foot behind them ). Lord knows I don't have kids of my own yet and do.
The worst thing you can imagine will not happen.
Rather than let the worry kick in, try and imagine your little one's face when they meet Mickey!
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mylittleminion View Post

I would leave her sleeping, you won't be long. I would tell her in a conversation before that if she wakes and you aren't there you have just popped to the toilet and will be just a minute etc so that she won't be alarmed if she notices you gone.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
on the flight home from Orlando i once sat next to a woman who sniffed once a minute, very minute.Sure wouldn't have been so bad if i hadn't noticed about 2 minutes after i sat down. Did not get any sleep at all. appreciate this is not the biggest problem in the world but the thread is about sitting next to strangers!
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List