Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Mar 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Whats happened in Florida that you laughed at but maybe shouldn't have.

So we should've been in Florida now Riding Harleys to Key West for a friends 50th Birthday. It got me thinking about past trips and some of the funny/unfortunate things that have happened and I thought I would share this one.

We were staying at the La Concha on Duval St and had been sampling the local brews since mid afternoon, we were in Durty Harrys Bar watching the band, I had had enough by then and decided that I was going back to the Hotel, my mate decided he wanted to stay for a while longer. Any way I awoke early to switch off my bladder alarm and saw that he wasn't back in the room, didn't really think too much of it and didn't look at the time and went back to sleep.

Knock on the door at 6am ish and on opening the door saw a security guard and my mate, security guard says is the man staying with you, I have a strange sense of humor and immediately said no, my mates face was thunder and as the security guard was about to drag him off I confessed to joking, security guard didn't see the funny side.

Turns out my mate had his room key but couldn't remember the number and the receptionist called security who kicked him out of the Hotel at 1.30am, he tried to call me but got through to our out of hours call service as my phone redirect on no answer, he asked for me to be told I was on holiday, he said I know I'm with him completely confusing the operator.

Turned out he had slept on a bench at the entrance until a new receptionist turned up and took pity on him.

When i went back into work the service desk operator said she had gotten a strange phone call whilst I was away from some drunk bloke who was trying to find me.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Years ago while DW and I were on our honeymoon we were sat on a Lynx bus at the Disney TTC. The bus was stationary but scheduled to leave very soon. A family sprinted on the bus minus the mum who we could see lagging well behind. The oldest kid who was about 15 decided at the top of his voice to shout “RUN FASTER MOM YOU IDIOT, YOUR GONNA MAKE US MISS THE BUS” she started to pick up pace and promptly tripped over. I had to spend the next few minutes in my bag to hide my laughter.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Larger lady being dumped at typhoon lagoon. It was hilarious. She thought she was safe and the wave just took her out. I laughed because I am a larger lady and it has taken me out too. Then a little wardrobe malfunction adjustment (yep happened to me too).

Then she turned around and she had lost a wodge of skin of her chin. I stopped laughing because that had happened to me too and I know how painful it is. 😢
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Walking down that twisty path to a Bugs Life show in the AK. My Son was with us and as the 3 of us were halfway down a very large Lady in an ECV came howling along behind us.

She was constantly blasting the horn on this ECV and we had to jump out of the way. When we got to the bottom of the path she was lying on the floor with the contraption on top of her! My God it weighed a ton and it took 4 of us to get it lifted and put back on its wheels.

One shouldn't laugh but I nearly peed myself.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went to Miami on a day trip and had been on the beach for a couple of hours and decided to go for a walk down Ocean Drive.
We came off the beach and were walking past some benches where there was a man sitting as we walked past he started laughing and said you 2 are the ugliest pair of mother ———- I’ve seen in a loooong ole time.
I was doubled up laughing but DH wasn’t amused which made me laugh even more🤣🤣

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Lying by the Congress Park pool when this Guy and his Wife arrived.

He had the tightest pair of Budgie Smugglers I have ever seen in my life however sad to say I think somebody had smuggled his budgie!

Anyhow he proceeds to do yoga moves so I am chuckling away. Then he ties one of those rubber elastic straps to the pool ladder and the other end to one of his legs and starts pulling against it.

By this time I am thinking he is nuts. Then bang! The darn thing snapped and it slapped him across the chest.

Mrs Morrow was lying there eating her towel to stop laughing out loud.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Whilst staying at All Star Sports in Oct 2019, we were walking from our room in the touchdown area to the main pool, and walked through the american football bit in the middle. As DD and I were walking ahead of DH & DS, there were a group of American kids playing go longs, and the kid caught the ball and ran straight into the huge football helmet. You literally heard the smack of him going into it, he got up picked up the ball and then just stood there and started crying. I was laughing my head off before DD reminded me what I did for a living and I went to see if he was ok, but his dad got there first and took him off. Honestly I felt so bad laughing at this because I work in paediatric healthcare and should show some compassion for when a kid hurts themselves but it was just one of those moments where I couldn't help myself, I am going to hell I realise this!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

OMG - yes.

Tampa, 1995. After 2 months of working in a Publix supermarket in Georgia, me and my mate finally caught a plane to Tampa to start a 1-week holiday. At Tampa airport, we rented a car and went straight to the nearest beach. It was around 4pm and a very hot day. We parked at the beach, changed into our bathing suits in the car, then ran to the beach, throwing our towels in the sand and ran to the sea.

After about 20 mins of fun in the water, I went back to our towels and was horrified to realise that I forgot to remove the rental car keys from my trunks before going swimming. After a long and fruitless search, it was clear that the car keys were lost at sea.

By now it was getting dark, we were alone and almost naked with no money or anything. Everything that we had was locked in the car - wallets, passports, clothes, you name it. Luckily after a while, I could find a phone booth that allowed free calls to Hertz or Dollar, or whoever we rented the car from. They sent a truck to tow the car back to the airport, but it took ages to arrive. The guy was laughing hard all the way back with the 2 of us in the cab looking extremely embarrassed.

I then had to walk barefoot and half-naked in the airport around midnight, to go explain the situation to the car rental agency. I'm sure today they would have called the police.

Everything got sorted but it was not the ideal start to the holidays. The next day would bring an even worse disaster, which I may share tomorrow!

Edited at 05:48 PM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

On our 1st Bike trip we had spent the 1st couple of days being over cautious about the Harleys and riding as they weigh a bloody ton and are not the easiest things to manoover at slow speeds. Anyway we were getting a little bit cocky and confident. We had stopped at a Gas station near 7 mile bridge to fill up and my mate wanders out of the store after paying and there's a couple of Americans admiring the bikes and started talking to him amazed that brits were there riding Harleys. He throws his leg over the bike to pick it up off the stand all cool and proud but when he put his foot down on the other side he slipped and fell off the other side. It was a proper Del Boy moment.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House

Edited at 06:12 PM.
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

DH & I were at Wekeiva Springs having a swim in the natural pool. 3 Americans were sitting fully dressed on the edge of this swimming hole. We heard a load splash followed by 1 of them (a quite large lady) exclaim “On No I didn’t want to get wet”.
Well she was soaked right up to her waist. No-one else round about found this remotely funny but with our British sense of humour we were highly, but quietly, cracking up.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List