Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Sep 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile Maid of Honour essentials list

Hi all

I'm honoured to be Maid of Honour for my childhood best friend a week on Saturday. We are staying at the hotel the night before and so I want to take with me a survival kit so for anything that does not go as planned I have something to help. So far on my list I have:

🌟Sewing kit

🌟White cotton gloves for when I'm lacing up her dress to keep it clean

🌟First aid kit including adult and child pain killers, indigestion relief, anti histamines.

🌟Body tape for dress mishaps

I have also offered to go first for hair and makeup (7.45am for a 4pm wedding &#128584 so I'm free to be on hand to help with anything throughout the day but I'm not sure what that "anything " might be.

Any dibbers free to offer any thoughts for my essentials kit or anything else I can have on my to do list for the day?
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Blister plasters
Eye drops
Tissues
Hair brush and extra grips
Cotton wool
A couple of straws so you can drink without ruining your lipstick
Some large paper napkins to use as a bib to stop makeup powder going on your clothes

A comfy pair of slippers or flip flops if you are up early you won't want to spend all day in heels as especially after all this time in lockdown not many of us could probably stand heels for too long
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Blister plasters
Eye drops
Tissues
Hair brush and extra grips
Cotton wool
A couple of straws so you can drink without ruining your lipstick
Some large paper napkins to use as a bib to stop makeup powder going on your clothes

A comfy pair of slippers or flip flops if you are up early you won't want to spend all day in heels as especially after all this time in lockdown not many of us could probably stand heels for too long
Thank you. Some good ideas here.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Snacks! Anything easy to nibble on, especially if you are having drinks whilst you are getting ready. Also mints/ peppermints, water bottles and bamboo straws.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Champagne 😄
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gull View Post
Champagne 😄
Oh yes I have mini Prosecco on the shopping list for us all
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Snacks! Anything easy to nibble on, especially if you are having drinks whilst you are getting ready. Also mints/ peppermints, water bottles and bamboo straws.
Luckily the hotel are keeping us well fed with breakfast and lunch brought up. I have just added some mints to my basket to take on the day and I need to get some straws
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Small brush and hairspray
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Maybe something to keep the children in the wedding party - if there’s any - occupied ?

Sounds like you have it all under control - relax and have a great time !
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gull View Post
Maybe something to keep the children in the wedding party - if there’s any - occupied ?

Sounds like you have it all under control - relax and have a great time !
The only two younger bridesmaids are 11 and 13 so I'm sure a mobile phone will be all they need 🤣

Thank you. I can't wait. The wedding has been rearranged three times and I just really want them to have the best day with lots of little touches now it is here.